Festival of Cycling (AT) SOP

bigfriendlyvegan

Festival of Cycling (AT) SOP

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Cycling NSW & Lidcombe-Auburn Cycling Club warmly invite all NSW cycling club members to take part in a weekend of exciting criterium racing at the home of the 2000 Olympic Games, Sydney Olympic Park, on October 19-20.

Coinciding with two of Sydney’s largest cycling events, the Cycling Australia ‘Bike & Lifestyle Exhibition’ and the Bicycle NSW ‘Spring Cycle’, it’s your only chance of the year to race at one of Australia’s most historic sports venues against riders from all over NSW, and beyond.

Saturday’s racing takes the form of the 2013 NSW U19, U23 & Elite Criterium Championships, with separate U19 and Elite races for men and women.

Sunday’s racing is part of the 2013 Festival of Cycling and features A, B, C, D and E grade Open criteriums, plus NRS and Women’s races, as well as events for junior boys and girls. There will also be a hand cycling event.

Entries can be made online right now via the Cycling NSW website or on the day at Sydney Olympic park, Homebush.

For more information just follow the links:

Saturday 19 October 2013
NSW U19, U23 & Elite Criterium Championships
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /13243.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunday 20 October 2013
Festival of Cycling SOPA Criterium
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /13246.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arty

Re: Festival of Cycling (AT) SOP

Postby Arty » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am

Done!! Should be a good day, now to try and find some damn form :)

rogan

Postby rogan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:38 am

Trek_Arty wrote:Done!! Should be a good day, now to try and find some damn form :)
You were going OK last night, good false tempo riding... not necessarily the easiest or most fun way to ride. :D

Arty

Postby Arty » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm

rogan wrote:
Trek_Arty wrote:Done!! Should be a good day, now to try and find some damn form :)
You were going OK last night, good false tempo riding... not necessarily the easiest or most fun way to ride. :D
Hahaha thanks mate.. as i politely explained to the other gentleman that had a complaint about it :) , with 2 riders in the break we were never going to ride hard to chase it back....
Should make next week interesting as i think there were a few left slightly annoyed :D :D

black4tress

Postby black4tress » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm interested in having a crack at it. Was just over at the armory a few weeks back and even that looked interesting.

Do you need a current racing license or just front up with $25 fee, and what grade would you be placed if you've never raced ?
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]

brendan c

Postby brendan c » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Will need a licence mate.
I'm definitely keen to race at SOP, only weekend this month I'm free. What's grading like at different races? I was a bit surprised at how easy C was at the drag strip last night. Not that I was strong enough to make any attacks stick, punching away during a lull is the easy bit.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:29 pm

black4tress wrote:I'm interested in having a crack at it. Was just over at the armory a few weeks back and even that looked interesting.

Do you need a current racing license or just front up with $25 fee, and what grade would you be placed if you've never raced ?
Yep, you need a license. If you get one now, it will be valid for the rest of 2013 and all of 2014. 15 months for the price of 12. Make sure you put Lidcombe Auburn as the club you want to join. Why? Because I said so.

We've got twilight racing at the Armoury over the summer. It's a nice track, save for the annoying corner.
brendan c wrote:Will need a licence mate.
I'm definitely keen to race at SOP, only weekend this month I'm free. What's grading like at different races? I was a bit surprised at how easy C was at the drag strip last night. Not that I was strong enough to make any attacks stick, punching away during a lull is the easy bit.
I can give you a better idea about that when I see a fuller start list. There are genuine C and D graders in there, but whether they race down a grade is yet to be seen. You don't have to nominate a grade yet, rather work it out on the day. You can usually work out which grade to join by looking at who else is riding in it. We'll have people to help if you need advice. You're always welcome to race A grade if you find the competition too easy :)

Arty

Postby Arty » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote: Yep, you need a license. If you get one now, it will be valid for the rest of 2013 and all of 2014. 15 months for the price of 12. Make sure you put Lidcombe Auburn as the club you want to join. Why? Because I said so.
or you could click Penrith Cycling Club too.... just cause :D :D

black4tress

Postby black4tress » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Might have to pass on the license till the following year. Have filled up my quota for cycling related races/rides till mid next year. I'll come by and spectate.

btw - I've already picked LACC for my yearly insurance and I live around the area so it will be the club I join when I do start racing. :)
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:36 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote: We've got twilight racing at the Armoury over the summer. It's a nice track, save for the annoying corner.

:)
Is this open for spectators? I live nearby and would be I interested to being my kid along to see it

scotto

Postby scotto » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:59 pm

yep