Improving Cycling Express

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Improving Cycling Express

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 am

Order from lunchtime yesterday was dispatched (AT) 6pm. Electronically lodged in Sydney (AT) 2am. At this stage Im expecting it Monday I would say. :shock:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 am

im_no_pro wrote:At this stage Im expecting it Monday I would say. :shock:
Tuesday it's a long week end this week.

Ricky

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:59 am

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:At this stage Im expecting it Monday I would say. :shock:
Tuesday it's a long week end this week.

Ricky
Im hoping it gets to Melbourne today and misses the PH.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

roadiematt

Postby roadiematt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi All, I ordered some parts from Cycling Express 11am last Tuesday and took delivery of my goods at 2pm today, this is the quickest timeframe I have ever experienced when Buying online. Well done Cycling Express!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:32 pm

im_no_pro wrote:Was that standard shipping? I paid the extra tenner purely for tracking purposes given it was my first ce experience.
Took the tight option, the GLW has decided she want glass splashbacks in the kitchen :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:Was that standard shipping? I paid the extra tenner purely for tracking purposes given it was my first ce experience.
Took the tight option, the GLW has decided she want glass splashbacks in the kitchen :(
I feel ya :lol:

Mine hasnt budged since it hit sydney at 2am. So much for monday :(

teK--

Postby teK-- » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

I used to use CE for quite a few orders and even bought 2 bikes from their showroom.

After a long absence and lots of spending on other online stores (both UK and Australian) I thought to check them out again and got a really good deal on some wheels after they agreed to beat a competitor's price.

At first impression the website looked a lot better than old but I knew nothing of the change in management and moving logistics to overseas. I thought not being able to bring up all my old order history was just due to the website revamp. All the gripes with losing wishlist and shopping cart items after timing out, I would have to agree with.

It would be good if they made it clearer that the products are being shipped from overseas. By all accounts on here it only takes a few days, but I had become used to them shipping out of Melbourne and had in my mind if they shipped within 24 hours as promised I would receive it the next day.

Hopefully TNT do their bit and I at least receive these wheels before the weekend!

Other than that their customer service replied quickly and I found them helpful which is a huge improvement on the past communications.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 am

teK-- wrote:I used to use CE for quite a few orders and even bought 2 bikes from their showroom.

After a long absence and lots of spending on other online stores (both UK and Australian) I thought to check them out again and got a really good deal on some wheels after they agreed to beat a competitor's price.

At first impression the website looked a lot better than old but I knew nothing of the change in management and moving logistics to overseas. I thought not being able to bring up all my old order history was just due to the website revamp. All the gripes with losing wishlist and shopping cart items after timing out, I would have to agree with.

It would be good if they made it clearer that the products are being shipped from overseas. By all accounts on here it only takes a few days, but I had become used to them shipping out of Melbourne and had in my mind if they shipped within 24 hours as promised I would receive it the next day.

Hopefully TNT do their bit and I at least receive these wheels before the weekend!

Other than that their customer service replied quickly and I found them helpful which is a huge improvement on the past communications.
If it makes a difference, I ordered mine Thursday lunchtime and got them monday morning in Melbourne.
Last edited by im_no_pro on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: usual fat finger phone typos

teK--

Postby teK-- » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks for that; they should arrive Thu/Fri then, fingers crossed!

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm

teK-- wrote:Thanks for that; they should arrive Thu/Fri then, fingers crossed!
As previously mentioned, I paid the extra $10 for priority/trackable shipping. I know someone who ordered I think on Friday and hasnt seen his yet, he may have ordered Monday though, I cant quite remember.

teK--

Postby teK-- » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 am

Great!

Ordered Sunday night, received shipping confirmation Monday night, and just arrived today (Friday morning) via TNT.

That was with the free shipping option.

More than happy to keep shopping with these guys :D

There was a mention in the main CE thread about the AUD checkout price being charged as foreign currency and a transaction fee being charged on top of by the bank. I found this as well it was about 3%. I won't be challenging it on this occasion as I still got a great deal from the price match request, but others may want to take notice of this.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 am

My CC was charged the exact amount on the invoice and in AUD. I think it is only certain banks, I remember seeing something along the lines of that. Somewhere in their FAQ's I think.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:40 pm

In fear of criticism for my support / encouragement of Cycling Express, I will post my shopping experiences anyway.

Oct 7 - Finally successfull placed Order
Oct 8 - Email to confirm specs for a MTB rear wheel
Oct 8 - Goods dispatched notification
Oct 11 - Delivery of all items

The main item, the rear wheel was roughly the same price as other retailers, some were a few dollars cheaper though I didn't price-match. It arrived with a few issues however - some scuffing and scratching of the hub (a handling issue), also out of true and some minor things was the rim tape was warped and faded and there were light patchy spots on the rim. That later two are really very minor but suggest long term storage where conditions were compromised.

Of interest - for other gear (chains & cassette) some in original packing and some OEM with ziplock bag type packaging.
For the wheel, I emailed and in 12 hours had a response - ie. put in a return request on the website which has been done.
Cycling is in my BNA

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:21 pm

I got them to price match some Sidi shoes from Wiggle, I bought the right size but not the colour I wanted in order to support an Aussie. Imagine my surprise when they are delivered from Taiwan, no Australian taxes paid. Should have just bought them from Wiggle and got the colour I wanted....
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:49 pm

I have asked for an interview - essentially to clarify the Australianess - we know their heitage but Aussies also have an interest in buying Australian.
Cycling is in my BNA

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 am

Ordered 2/10.
Arrived 8/10. Free shipping option. A bit slower than last time, but still acceptable.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 pm

AUbicycles wrote:I have asked for an interview - essentially to clarify the Australianess - we know their heitage but Aussies also have an interest in buying Australian.
If they warehouse overseas, do the money transaction overseas, send to you from overseas and avoid at least Australian import duty and GST by exploiting the loop-hole in our taxation system - then in this case I cannot see how you'd consider them to be Australian. If they've gone to such lengths I find it impossible to believe that the profits would be declared in Australia so you can most likely cancel out income tax as well.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, really its smart business. They are levelling the playing field but they should not have to go to such lengths to essentially avoid Australian taxes which I am sure would be the number 1 reason why you'd do what they've done.

Is this type of activity good for Australia and before you answer that, think what if every other industry that could do this, did.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:00 pm

The Cyclingexpress.com website is operated by a company in Taiwan, LEGEND LOGISTIC CO., LTD. This is stated on their about page.

Andrew

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

All the feedback is on the mark, though I called and asked and a staff member (though not a manager or regular contact) confirmed it was Australian whereas I have asked my regular contacts for info a few times (email) and accepting delays for holidays am not getting a response.

Obviously a shop doesn't need to be Australian to do business and if they can do better businesd this way then thats great - but I would like to hear it direct.
Cycling is in my BNA

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Aushiker wrote:The Cyclingexpress.com website is operated by a company in Taiwan, LEGEND LOGISTIC CO., LTD. This is stated on their about page.

Andrew
Yes, but operated by and owned by are (or should I say, can be) two different things.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:49 pm

im_no_pro wrote:Yes, but operated by and owned by are (or should I say, can be) two different things.
Do you get an Australian invoice with GST details with your purchase? If not, then they are either possibly acting illegally in terms of Australian tax law (unlikely) or more likely the business is being done through the Taiwanese company, i.e., Legend Logistics, in partnership with the Australian end (most likely). Simple easy way to get around the GST etc issues and all that has to be paid is the income tax on any earnings that come back into Australia.

Not hard to go into partnership with a company overseas, more so one apparently into manufacturing and exporting bicycle parts ...

Andrew

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Aushiker wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:Yes, but operated by and owned by are (or should I say, can be) two different things.
Do you get an Australian invoice with GST details with your purchase? If not, then they are either possibly acting illegally in terms of Australian tax law (unlikely) or more likely the business is being done through the Taiwanese company, i.e., Legend Logistics, in partnership with the Australian end (most likely). Simple easy way to get around the GST etc issues and all that has to be paid is the income tax on any earnings that come back into Australia.

Not hard to go into partnership with a company overseas, more so one apparently into manufacturing and exporting bicycle parts ...

Andrew
The invoice letterhead has Cycling Express.com logo and then under that "Legend Cycling Co. Ltd Taiwan Branch (HongKong)" and then an address in Taiwan. No mention of GST on invoice, price in AUD.

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Ordered last wednesday night, delivered to me monday to Perth.
Very happy with that!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 pm

My own experience - I was able to return a rear MTB wheel. A replacement unfortunately was not available. Returns process was described and pretty easy - so assume when received the refund will be made and I can then see who stocks a old-style spec 26" MTB wheelset with rotor mount.
Cycling is in my BNA

petie

Postby petie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Looking for parts for an MTB build, thought I'd check cycling express. Eventually found the casettes listed under "clothing." Ridiculously cheap price shown in the main list, of course that was for the version of the item thats out of stock. Items that are actually in stock and 100% more than the ridiculously cheap price.

Good luck cycling express, you're going to need it. Your whole website is hopeless. :D

EDIT: grammar