Win 1 of 50 entries to Spring Cycle

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 am

With Wiggle setting up a number of events - c r c are now getting into the game - but teaming up with Spring Cycle to offer 50 entries.

You can enter here: http://www.chainreactionhub.com/competi ... cle-sydney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(No connection with BNA on this one).
Cycling is in my BNA

nomadicsoul

Re: Win 1 of 50 entries to Spring Cycle

Postby nomadicsoul » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks for pointing this out - just won a place for myself and a friend :D

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm

I just won a place too! Thanks for posting this :-)
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Same here. I won two entries too and have two happy friends since I'm traveling for work that weekend :(. At least I'm going to Amsterdam so will get a few km hopefully ;-)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Well done - Chain Reaction Cycles are not interested in supporting BNA so glad that some forum members were able to get some benefit.
Cycling is in my BNA

sblack

Postby sblack » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Add me to the list, my wife and I will now be doing the ride.

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:05 pm

For everyone who won, we all get sent jerseys but how are we getting the wristband/bike numbers? I couldn't find anything on the Spring Cycle website about how competition winners get that stuff?

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:27 pm

nomadicsoul wrote:For everyone who won, we all get sent jerseys but how are we getting the wristband/bike numbers? I couldn't find anything on the Spring Cycle website about how competition winners get that stuff?
I asked the guy at c r c that question. The bike numbers will come from BNSW directly and there "goodie bag" stuff is yet to come from c r c as well. They're cutting it a bit tight now IMO though.

I received an email from BNSW last week asking for emergency contact details too.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks Boognoss - glad I wasn't the only one trying to figure this out. Between Chris sending emailing me about sending the stuff out to receiving the parcel, it was around 7 days. Hope it arrives in time!

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I got the jerseys this week - got sent a medium as they had run out of XXS, XS and S!!! So it's 3 sizes too big for me and looks like a dress lol! But can't complain seeing I won it. Haven't received any numbers or a goodie bag yet, hope they send them out in time.
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 pm

...stupid double post...

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 pm

isabella24 wrote:I got the jerseys this week - got sent a medium as they had run out of XXS, XS and S!!! So it's 3 sizes too big for me and looks like a dress lol! But can't complain seeing I won it. Haven't received any numbers or a goodie bag yet, hope they send them out in time.
That's my size jersey, and I wouldn't mind it :) Unless you wanna keep it as a momento.

You'll get an envelop sent from Bicycle NSW with the info and numbers. They're from Concord, so you should get them on time.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:00 pm

QuangVuong wrote: That's my size jersey, and I wouldn't mind it :) Unless you wanna keep it as a momento.

You'll get an envelop sent from Bicycle NSW with the info and numbers. They're from Concord, so you should get them on time.
You are welcome to have the jersey Quang - it a Chain Reaction one and I'd be happy to see it go to a good home as I can't really wear it! I'll bring it for you on the day if you want.
I'm sure they'll send the numbers etc out soon enough. Looking forward to seeing you there.

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Is there a way us BNA people could somehow identify each other on the day and say hi?

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Isabella24, minhyy, Rheicel, and myself will be around a green rocket shaped recumbent piloted by recumbenteer. I'm sure you'll spot us, or at least the green rocket.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I will be on a Trek DS8.3, fluorescent blue with a black bontrager helmet with way too many cable ties coming off the back. I might mark up something on it or the bike with BNA too :D

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 pm

I got a jersy too.
I was emailed some time ago telling me that I had won entry for myself and a guest.
I received my jersy last week, although I have not seen the "goodie bag" as yet, or the numbers either.
I also just received this email from Chris Norris fron c r c "Congratulations on winning free entry to the Spring Cycle on 20th October.  I hope by now you have all received your Chain Reaction Cycles rider Jerseys  , which we ask politely for you wear on the day  . This Jersey will allow you to receive VIP hospitality at both the start and the finish venues.
I am hoping that you and your guest can meet me at 6.15am for a group photograph at the VIP area in St Leonards Park (see map attached for location) . Pastries and coffee / tea will be served before you head out .
Then at the finish venue , Freeman Park. I request that you and your guest  join me again on completing your ride, again at the VIP area (attached also ) where we will have our own tent stocked with free food and drink."
I have signed up to do the challenge ride with a mate from work. Which ride are you all doing?
I will be riding a Giant TCR 2 black and blue. I wear a white helmet and will probably be carrying a back back with a hi-vis cover.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers,

Darrin.
"Life is just a ride" Bill Hicks
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

sblack

Postby sblack » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:28 am

nomadicsoul wrote:Is there a way us BNA people could somehow identify each other on the day and say hi?
How many of us are going to make the 6:15am photo shoot? That's probably the best time to try and find each other. I'll be there on a black Felt along with my wife on a blue, black and white Giant Avail.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeh, I will be at the photoshoot.
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 pm

I'll be there too - however no sign of the goody/registration pack :/

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:46 pm

If anyone is interested, I'll be at the finish area commentating on the crit racing. Come over, have a look and give me a wave. Shout BNA at me so I know who the hell you are.

Pedaling

Postby Pedaling » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Great BFV, I will come over and say G'day.
I am riding in the "crit race", so I will look out for you.
I also spoke to a Spring Cycle rep this morning at Prine Alfred park, as I have not recieved my numbers as yet.
Gave him my number and he said he will give me a call. I will let know what happened.

Darrin.
2012 C59 Colnago
2013 Giant TCR

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Pedaling wrote:Great BFV, I will come over and say G'day.
I also spoke to a Spring Cycle rep this morning at Prine Alfred park, as I have not recieved my numbers as yet.
Gave him my number and he said he will give me a call. I will let know what happened.

Darrin.
Good to know, please keep us posted.

I haven't received my two numbers either and as I have to pass them on to friends plus am not at my office on Friday to receive them it's getting tight.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Boognoss wrote:
Pedaling wrote:Great BFV, I will come over and say G'day.

Darrin.
Good to know, please keep us posted.

I haven't received my two numbers either and as I have to pass them on to friends plus am not at my office on Friday to receive them it's getting tight.
Actually I just received a reply from Grant Norris so I have an update ;):
> Hi Simon
> The numbers were posted on Tuesday so should be with you either today
> or tomorrow
> Ok I look forward to seeing your guests on Sunday
> Thanks
> Grant

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Anyone got their numbers yet? I think I just got someone else's, there isn't a Scott Evans here is there? I wonder if Scott has mine and my wife's packs.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk