Newbie checking in!

rodneycc

Re: Newbie checking in!

Postby rodneycc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:22 pm

If its between the cell and the reid I'd go the reid but maybe not the osprey but rather the falco advanced. Almost went one myself a month ago. Were on gumtree for really cheap price. 105 carbon fork and seat post with mavic ask wheel for about $650. Just a thought around that price.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 pm

the weird thing is the image that you provided has one wired comming to the FD but the cell team has two?

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Homo Suburbiensis wrote: And that is why people who have only ridden high end bikes with fancy Di2 or internal cable routing should not comment on lower end bikes. Haha
Welcome to the forums HS.

If you had been with BNA a little longer, or even read a few more posts, you would know you're making an totally wrong and impolite
insinuation. Adding haha just makes it plain offensive.

Keep that up, and you'll every quickly wear out your welcome.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:22 am

Does most road bike comes with quick release for the wheels?

westab

Postby westab » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 am

peterngit wrote:Does most road bike comes with quick release for the wheels?
Yes they do - both the Cell Blade (I have a 5 yo one) and the Reid Falco (1 yo base model which a mate has).

Regarding the Cell Blade The model I have with the Sora 8 speed and all alloy frame and forks has been a reliable machine without being fantastic. It was bought for commuting to work to replace my ageing Repco superlite as I didn't have time to rebuild it. For over three years it did a great job and now is the backup for the rebuilt Repco. 20,000 kms and the only things that have need repacement are brake pads, tyres, tubes, and the odd spoke (about 4 I think - only when I started riding with a laptop in panniers). I am happy with it but at the moment I am enoying the Repco more.

I don't have any experience of the reid bikes but the two I have seen (both Falcos) look well enough put togehter - hope that helps Peter
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

thanks westab!

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Guys finally time to get the bike cell Lapa http://www.this link is broken/Cell-2014-Lapa-2-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is in for 2014 replacing the old team 2013 mixed 105 and Tiagra DRIVETRAIN, pretty much not full 105 as team but they they its better wheel, frame and comes with carbon post, just wondering is there a reason i shouldn't buy this say over the reid elite?

Edit: purchased guys with experience from cell bike, can anyone sign for the delivery or does it have to be me? Kisted home address be I would be at work

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Or to confuse you some more my personal favorites of the moment to consider

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/?lang=en& ... -Road-Bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cyclingexpress.com/?lang=en& ... -Road-Bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are in Melb think you can try them out in Bayswater at Lear Sports.

But whatever one you are most comfortable with is the right one.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 am

ooooooo damn Ultegra carbon for 1200?? why didn't i hear of this sooner =( what are the weight of those couldn't spot it

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 am

^ 8.72kg for the ultegra, 9.01kg for the 105 (FWIW one of my bikes is an early 90s alu frame/carbon fork with 1st gen 8 speed 600 and it weighs 8.8kg haha)

Rather than be picky about groupsets and weight and etc as a beginner, just pick a bike that suits your needs the most rather than the one that sounds flashiest on paper. You'll be fine with the Cell Lapa as shifting is 105 and the compact crankset will get you up most hills in Sydney. Plus buying local will provide with you with post-purchase support in the case anything goes wrong

my 2c
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm

peterngit wrote:Guys finally time to get the bike cell Lapa http://www.this link is broken/Cell-2014-Lapa-2-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is in for 2014 replacing the old team 2013 mixed 105 and Tiagra DRIVETRAIN, pretty much not full 105 as team but they they its better wheel, frame and comes with carbon post, just wondering is there a reason i shouldn't buy this say over the reid elite?

Edit: purchased guys with experience from cell bike, can anyone sign for the delivery or does it have to be me? Kisted home address be I would be at work
Peter, from my experience it can be anybody. I've purchased gear and a bike from Cell before. Happy cycling :D

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks guys Lapa arrived! i was like where is the kick stand and i did a bit of goggling seems like road bike doesn't come with them =)

Thought the gears would display on the shifters guess im gona have to remember what gear im on.

The toughest is going to be getting used to the clip less peddles, (clipping in/out at intersection), peddals upside down etc.

going to try 30k ride today if it doesn't rain =)

westab

Postby westab » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 am

:D Peter enjoy riding your new machine. I hope it doesn't rain on your first ride. :D

Also enjoy the clipless pedals - you most likely clip stack at some stage (I know that I have) - while you are getting used to them you may wish to do the following:

1. Practice clipping in and out - the best place I have found is the local netball court (currently out of season) as it is large flat and very little items to hit.
2. Always clip in and out just one foot - whichever one you are comfortable with.

Enjoy the new machine - would love to see some pictures. :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

nirismo

Postby nirismo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Good luck man. I've recently bought a new road bike (first timer). Love it! Like westab as said, you'll stack, no doubt, lol. I stacked it a several times simultaneously last night. But that was after I googled a few helpful tips. Doesn't mean I don't ever fall anymore, lol.

peterngit

Postby peterngit » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:59 am

Heys I have posted a picture but i just notice it on the wrong threat lol called something like newbie bike route, stacked it twice at slow speed, last near miss was stopping out side me house, I unclipped left leg like usual but bike was leaning to the right I some how manged to throw/jump my left leg behind my back side while unclipping the right leg and landing on the ground with my feet. I just needed to lean my bike is the left side but somehow had a feeling that I shouldnt make jerky movments

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:23 am

take notice of which foot you push off with, and stick to that - my left foot is always clipped to the pedal unless i'm getting off the bike completely. otherwise if i'm stopping at a light or about to start again, my right foot is unclipped
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes