As the euro CX season approaches!!!

Wakatuki

As the euro CX season approaches!!!

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Found this, http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl/browse.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can thank me later!!!! :D

antipodean

Re: As the euro CX season approaches!!!

Postby antipodean » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 pm

You have only just found cyclingtorrents...wow.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:27 am

Well apart from the CX season being well and truly here for a month already :P ... as far as I know, all world cup races are being are also being streamed live on youtube :D

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 am

antipodean wrote:You have only just found cyclingtorrents...wow.
No, I found it a while back but forgot about it until tidying up my mac, never used the site, I don't have the time to watch people riding. But I thought to share.....

TLL YouTube, is hit n miss with my poor adsl connection, live web stream is even worse. Torrents enable us antipodeans with bad internet to actually watch 'things' instead of 't h 1 n & s'.

I long for the day I can get back to the speeds I was enjoying in the UK in 2005. My Iphone has a quicker upload than my home.. :cry: Minimum "upto" connection is now 30Mb

Roll on the NBN :D

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:48 pm

I just want to find a good excuse to drive up there and watch a couple of big races ... drove to Belge a couple of weeks back, about 5 to 6 hours from home... I would take the family up for a weekend but my wife wouldn't be too impressed with a weekend watching cx :lol: ... even if it is warmer up there than at home!.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Approaches, CX season is already here, round one of the world cup has been and gone

Looks like this year world cup highlights in English, plus more American races. Last summer it usually Flemish as I watched all the CX I could lay my hands on,

Been a CT member for a few years now, even race in their kit.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:56 am

Do you watch behindthebarriers.tv Nick?... If you love CX then going back and watching the first 3 seasons is worth it.
Wish they had something like that in Belgium...also saw that one of the euro riders was stopped from racing with a go pro recently ( requested by the tv rights holder as well ) ... Now that would be a cool on board camera to see!.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:27 pm

World Cup #5 live from Heusden-Zolder starting now! (11:20 EDST) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V65csgaUx_E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Cyclo-Cross World Cup Round 6 - Rome, Italy live stream starting in around 50 minutes!

If you can't stay up. full replay is usually available the next day. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkJwp5vhA38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Well, it has just started for the Women's race :D
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks, love the youtube uploaders, much more convienient than torrent. If it's hot n steamy in Palmwoods tomorrow I will be streaming one to my TV. :)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Dull circuit, poor crowds ... love that the UCI are trying to spread the word but this doesn't do a world cup justice imo.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:22 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Dull circuit, poor crowds ... love that the UCI are trying to spread the word but this doesn't do a world cup justice imo.
As a Cyclocross novice, can you point me in the direction of videos of interesting courses with commentary? Thanks! :D
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

nezumi wrote:As a Cyclocross novice, can you point me in the direction of videos of interesting courses with commentary? Thanks! :D
Been enjoying some great videos discussing the tactics used from recent European races... Check the #Svenness and #LikeAVos videos.

Earlier rounds in Belgium have been great to watch. Can't comment on last night as I still haven't watched it.

http://vimeo.com/cxhairs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Finding euro courses ( mainly Belgium ) in English isn't that easy... although I don't really look for them either. I just watch in Flemish or French.
Alongside the world cup there is the Superprestige series... by far the biggest and most important ... youtube is your friend.
All news can be found here https://www.facebook.com/veldrijden?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.cxmagazine.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behindthebarriers.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is from the US scene... original 3 seasons were focused on JPow but this season it has broadened it's scope ( all though not as good... ie more filler this year ).
Now all you need is beer, frites and mayo!

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Finding euro courses ( mainly Belgium ) in English isn't that easy...
The UCI youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel?feature=watch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has all the world cup CX events in full with English commentary. 8)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Yup... Namur is the best circuit.
World Cup isn't many races though ... There's basically 2 big races every weekend in Europe ( and US ) from start of October until the World Championships.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm

toolonglegs wrote:There's basically 2 big races every weekend in Europe ( and US ) from start of October until the World Championships.
Cool. Will search for Superprestige series on youtube and brush up on my Flemish! :wink:

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:40 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Dull circuit, poor crowds ... love that the UCI are trying to spread the word but this doesn't do a world cup justice imo.
Finally got around to watching this round. Very disappointing circuit compared the the earlier WC races...

Not sure the course, but US CX Nationals are on in the morning. Sart at 5am with the Juniors followed by the Women's Elite/U23 at 7:30am and then Men's Elite/U23 at 8:45am according to a FB Cyclocross Australia post.

http://www.usacycling.org/2014-cx-natio ... stream.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;