Forum / Site Updates planned

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum / Site Updates planned

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 am

On 24.10.2013 the forum switched into 'read only' mode for members as it was temporarily deactivated to allow for backups.

Regular maintenance updates will be planned in shortly and notice of a pending deactivation will be provided in the forums - usually in the top right and usually at a time that most are dreaming good dreams.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum / Site Updates planned

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:14 am

Last week and again this week I have been foiled by the technology.

In short - the forum database holds a lot of data and in testing to then streamline there are inconsistencies so it isn't working and I can get it optimised. Trying to do this late for minimal disruption and will just have to try again.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:19 am

This is a test.. hopefully working!
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 am

After about 30 hours we are done....

Latest update is complete and the challenge is the 1.3 GB database which is time consuming to optimise and prone to errors when optimising. Aim is to improve performance / speed and I need to tackle a few more things - which hopefully are a bit quicker.
Cycling is in my BNA

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 am

AUbicycles wrote:After about 30 hours we are done....

Latest update is complete and the challenge is the 1.3 GB database which is time consuming to optimise and prone to errors when optimising. Aim is to improve performance / speed and I need to tackle a few more things - which hopefully are a bit quicker.
I remember when a 1.3Gb database was considered huge. The systems I currently manage are measured in Tb and growth of data is insane. We can't archive it quickly enough!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm

But you have the power. With the power that I can get for BNA, not to mention that I am not actually a Sysad it's a different level.

I tried to make BNA attractive to one of the good name Sydney based host who could have given more power however as a community they can't see a way to get return on investment.
Cycling is in my BNA