Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jandb

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jandb » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:47 pm

WonkyWheels wrote: DealExtreme Bike light. Over a month wait for delivery. That was a real pain.
This is an old quote but my recent experience is the same with Dealextreme (dx.com) - been waiting nearly 4 weeks now for a MagicShine light. Price was good but the delay is frustrating. As is their package tracking system which has never worked for me.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 pm

DX is a pain for delivery. always allow 6 weeks for delivery. if you need it quicker, pay more (i.e. buy elsewhere) or buy AUdirect if an option - they have an aussie warehouse.
I did the au direct option a few months ago and it was ~1 week for delivery

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm

jasonc wrote:
michael_w wrote:Ordered a pair of bib knocks from Velogear yesterday, turned up here half an hour ago. Happens time and again :)
that the same as bib knicks?
Ed Zachary. D'oh!

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Exceptional order from Wiggle received today (Friday) - after being ordered Monday night!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm

3 orders last week, Wiggle, PBK and T7.

17/10 - Ordered in the morning from T7, Wiggle and PBK
17/10 - Dispatched that night from Wiggle and PBK
18/10 - Disptached from T7
23/10 - Wiggles parcel arrived, as expected.

Still waiting on PBK and T7, not really expecting a 7 day turn around from either.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:51 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Still waiting on PBK and T7, not really expecting a 7 day turn around from either.
My recent PBK order came last Friday - 3 weeks from ordering.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:50 pm

dalai47 wrote:My recent PBK order came last Friday - 3 weeks from ordering.
not what i wanted to hear :cry:

Bakks

Postby Bakks » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:56 pm

I refuse to buy from PBK anymore. Their delivery times are too long. Wiggle stuff arrives within a week, even with standard shipping, plus they price match, so why go elsewhere?

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Bakks wrote:I refuse to buy from PBK anymore. Their delivery times are too long. Wiggle stuff arrives within a week, even with standard shipping, plus they price match, so why go elsewhere?
stock levels is usually the main reason, they dont carry everything unfortunately

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Prendas Ciclismo

Place Order October 11, 2013
Delivered October 24, 2013
Time: 13 days

All items as ordered.

Andrew
Andrew

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:21 pm

GKA Sports
Australian supplier of Bonts.
Ordered this morning, phone call 2 hours later to make sure I was good with the size.
Email with shipping number an hour later.

Got to be happy with that.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

RadioDog

Postby RadioDog » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:06 pm

DON'T ever use the free shipping from Wiggle. Been 4 weeks and nothing. They reckon they won't do anything until it's been "25 working days" :P

Had other parcels from them get to me in about a week in the past but I paid for DHL. Lesson learnt
"Having things organised is only for small minded people. The genius controls the chaos." - Jens Voigt

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:44 pm

RadioDog wrote:DON'T ever use the free shipping from Wiggle. Been 4 weeks and nothing. They reckon they won't do anything until it's been "25 working days" :P

Had other parcels from them get to me in about a week in the past but I paid for DHL. Lesson learnt
Sounds more like a postal problem. I have used the free postage dozens of times with no problems

James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

visrealm

Postby visrealm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Same. Quite often you'll get DHL as free shipping too. Had that a few times from Wiggle and c r c.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
'14 Avanti Corsa SL Team (Roadie)
'13 Specialized Secteur Disc (Commuter)
'04 Giant Yukon (MTB)
'12 Avanti Cadent 1 - R.I.P.

chl15

Postby chl15 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 pm

i've purchased from tbsm online a few times
not exactly the cheapest compared to places like wiggle, but great service and delivery. they also price match so sometimes it's worth the contact to see if they can match / do better.

boss

Postby boss » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:49 am

I had Wiggle successfully price match + 10% an item within 12 hours.

Was a DA C24 front wheel, c r c had it cheaper by $30. Usually id just go the cheaper shop and be done with it, but express from c r c was $50, while Wiggle only ask $26.

Sent screenshots and all the details that they ask for on their price match info page, coupon code through.

Too easy. And saved $40 on the c r c price, $70 on the wiggle price. And got the cheaper express shipping from Wiggle.

boss

Postby boss » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:19 am

jcjordan wrote:
RadioDog wrote:DON'T ever use the free shipping from Wiggle. Been 4 weeks and nothing. They reckon they won't do anything until it's been "25 working days" :P

Sounds more like a postal problem. I have used the free postage dozens of times with no problems

I've had issues with postage once or twice and encountered the same '25 working days' issue.

Unfortunately it's more a cost of doing business than reason to avoid the free shipping option entirely. 99 times out of 100, your parcel will arrive within a reasonable timeframe.

As a little tip, it may be worth checking with your local post office several times. I never got carded for one delivery and it wasn't until the third phone call that they told me there was a parcel waiting for me. I had assumed that the parcel had just arrived, but no, the post office staff had been kind enough to scribble the date the parcel arrived on the box... 2 days before my first phone call to them asking about it.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Ordered a set of Campy Khamsin's on Friday night from Cell to replace my stock wheels. Absolute bargain at $120 with the $10 newsletter discount voucher.

Shipped yesterday and delivered today! Good stuff.

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Different wheels same result. As above, with Cell, except ordered Saturday and came today.

Sent from my iPhinger ...
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Hmmmmm, might be in the same bother with Wiggle. Went the free shipping (normally pay for tracked courier) ordered Monday 21st, to be delivered either yesty or today 29/30th according to tracking supplied. Tracking supplied also mentions it's been both dispatched yet awaiting dispatch, so NFI really......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Cycling Express have really lifted their game. I chanced a couple of orders (Christmas presents) and the level of service and prompt delivery has been a very pleasant surprise. Delivery took two days! I even returned something and the process was so easy - they sent me a label which I stuck on the package and dropped off at the PO. If I lived in a metro area they would have arranged courier pick-up.

Good on 'em.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:52 pm

ball bearing wrote:Cycling Express have really lifted their game. I chanced a couple of orders (Christmas presents) and the level of service and prompt delivery has been a very pleasant surprise. Delivery took two days! I even returned something and the process was so easy - they sent me a label which I stuck on the package and dropped off at the PO. If I lived in a metro area they would have arranged courier pick-up.

Good on 'em.
+1
I have recently made 2 separate purchases with Cycling Express and couldn't be happier with the price and speedy (free) courier delivery. They didn't notify me when my parcel was sent, but the info was available on their website and it must have been the next day because both parcels arrived in only a few days. I'm glad I gave them another chance because I wasn't at all impressed with them at their previous site. I will definitely use them again.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm

My latest order from Cellbikes is not so good. I ordered some bits and pieces that are on stock on their website. After 2 days, I have not heard from them. I left a message on their online chat. Daniel came back to me in email saying that the delay is because one of the item is not in stock. Why do I have to chase them? Can't they update me on what is going on? This way I can decide to cancel our go ahead with a substitute items.
Thanks to Daniel by the way. He sorted out my order as soon as I made my decision to swap the missing item. Looks like they will be delivered tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 pm

c r c on the other hand refunded the payment that is not on stock and shipped the rest of the item immediately. As an apology, they sent me a gift voucher that I can use on my next order. Isn't it nice?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bah77

Postby Bah77 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Torpedo 7 both, bought some gear because it was on sale a few weeks ago, ordered on the weekend, at the post office on friday.

The bad, two weeks later they have free shipping and 10% off... grrr.