Cinelli

Classiciron

Re: Cinelli

Postby Classiciron » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm

and while that search is on, anyone know of hoods for the same aero?[/quote]

There's a brand new pair still in unopened Suntour package on ebay at the moment for $78 starting price. type in Suntour Superbe Pro and scroll through the international sellers.

I watch ebay for my bits very regularly. Win some and loose some.
If there's something you can do about it, do it. If theres nothing you can do, don't worry.

morini

Postby morini » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 pm

So it's you? You dirty rotten low down #(AT)#$^*&$%*^(AT). :D

Lucky I can't afford to buy any for a while. Until I offload this pesky Shimano stuff I keep finding when I think I don't own any.

Robbie Fellows has pulled the pin on making hoods it seems. I occasionally look on a Google Groups Cycling mob and he announced it a while back. There seems to be only a couple of real options and they're Velo Orange and Euro Asia Imports, who only deal with dealers it seems. So, so far I've drawn a blank.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 pm

morini wrote:So it's you? You dirty rotten low down #(AT)#$^*&$%*^(AT). :D

Lucky I can't afford to buy any for a while. Until I offload this pesky Shimano stuff I keep finding when I think I don't own any.

Robbie Fellows has pulled the pin on making hoods it seems. I occasionally look on a Google Groups Cycling mob and he announced it a while back. There seems to be only a couple of real options and they're Velo Orange and Euro Asia Imports, who only deal with dealers it seems. So, so far I've drawn a blank.
and then there was news of the recommencement of production.
This was Robbies recent post on 17 October
taking orders for new batch..campy - universals repro brake hoods
getting ready for next batch of hoods

$49.00 per pair

$45.00 for 3 pair or more
ordered at the same time.

add $8.00 worldwide any amount shipping

--
Disclaimer ... These items are used and I am unable to describe every little detail; so once you physically have it in your hands - if you have any problems; contact me immediately so I can make it right.

thanks
robbie fellows
ventura,ca. usa
ebay ..tonyfnitro5l7c
805-205-4455
I bought a set of the Campagnolo reproduction hoods from him a few months ago.

morini

Postby morini » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Scott. I might try him again.

Saro28

Postby Saro28 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm in for an order. Any one else for Sydney?
Fight till the end n never give up. Cadel Evans 2012

Classiciron

Postby Classiciron » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm

[quote="morini"]So it's you? You dirty rotten low down #(AT)#$^*&$%*^(AT). :D

I'm not the seller, just giving you the tip off - in case you might have been interested.
If there's something you can do about it, do it. If theres nothing you can do, don't worry.

morini

Postby morini » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Classiciron wrote:
I watch ebay for my bits very regularly. Win some and loose some.
not the seller, the competition..........

Classiciron

Postby Classiciron » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:44 pm

But it always goes to a good cause! Think of us as "brothers in arms"!

Classiciron

Postby Classiciron » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:08 am

Well the Cinelli Super BH was built so that I had something to ride whilst I restored my regular ride. The Apollo VI is my original race bike which was in need of some well deserved TLC. So the Apollo VI is back together albeit with a make-over and some equipment upgrades. It is no longer badged as an Apollo and some ( faithful to the marque) might consider this point somewhat sac-religious. I was unable to find original Apollo decals and so I decided to put Nagasawa decals on the frame as they are gold and are fairly consistent with the original Apollo VI colour scheme. This decision was made before I had even laid eyes on this web site. So to those who might be offended, please accept my apologies. Nagasawa is the maker of fine Kieren track racing frames in Japan and the application of these decals is to pay homage to those frames as well. I fully admit that this is an Apollo VI frame built by Kuwahara of Ishiwata 019 tube. Nagasawa also made the odd road frame here and there but is mostly noted for his Kieren frames. "Immitation is the highest form of praise". Having said that, this is a quality bike in any case.
The decals have been placed on the frame consistent with Nagasawa san's application.

The following items which have been upgraded (being faithful to Suntour) are Superbe Pro.

Hidden spring brake calipers;
Indexed Rear Derailleur;
Later model clamp on Front Derailleur;
New 6/7 speed index shifters & cables;
Seat post;
New chainrings 42T/52T
New hubs 32H;

The following items have also been fitted:

Look Keo Carbon Blade Ti pedals;
New Selle Italia saddle;
NOS Mavic Argent 10 tubular rims 32H and SS double butted spokes;
New Veloflex Sprinter tubular tyres;
NOS Suntour Winner 13-18T freewheel;
New chain Whipperman Connex full nickel;
New bearing catridges to bottom bracket;
New ball bearings to head set.

Colour: Subaru Arctic White Pearl Code: 36J

Photos can be viewed on the following link:

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/class ... incarnated" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;