TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTPATH RACING (allegedly) - M7 C/way 6.15pm

zozza

Postby zozza » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks for the ride guys, nice to meet you all, looking forward to more :D

Streetsweeper

Postby Streetsweeper » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:51 pm

How fast do you guys travel?

Sounds like you have a good time but I'm doubting that I'd be able to stay with you.

NotTim

Postby NotTim » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:27 am

I'm pretty sure I passed you guys tonight, about 6:25 just south of richmond road a group went past me heading south a fair pace.

I was the fat bastard on the giant crx with the ayeup's heading north

22km tonight was about my limit at the moment, but once I get some fitness back I'll try and join you

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 am

Good ride guys, was nice to meet a few new faces too :D

Shame Don's wife wouldnt let him out last night ;-) But was still lots of fun, Pete added some spice as usual

Not sure I'll be there next week but hopefully the week after

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:47 am

NotTim

Suspect it was us as there weren't too many groups out there last night ! Was great to meet all of you, Spiro you're a beast on that MTB and Zozza, how you pack yourself on that 56, no idea :-) you do need to get that next bike :-) Rainer did up the tempo in a few places which always makes things interesting.

I think I'll be there next week however still no lights as I haven't ordered the Ayups as yet and not sure if I could sponge off Don for another week :-)

Cheers..Pete

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:37 pm

It was an enjoyable ride last night as usual. Great to finally meet sandman and zozza. Also Sandy who has been visiting the forum.

I'm pushing pretty hard to keep up on the MTB even though you guys are just cruising. I definitely need to get my km/week up! Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a roadie. No excuses then :D

Streetsweeper, I just looked on the bike computer and I averaged 27km/hr, total of 50kms in 1h50m.

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Spiza wrote: Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a roadie. No excuses then :D
I told you it wouldnt take long :P

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm

ozlegacy wrote:
Spiza wrote: Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a roadie. No excuses then :D
Yeh I know. Peer pressure :) . I wouldn't have thought it would make much of a difference but everyone iv'e spoken to says it will.

Addict

Postby Addict » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm

how many kms do u guys cover on this ride?

are lights a must? :oops:

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Addict, think it was 55km, lights are good but not a must...

Pete

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Spiza wrote:
ozlegacy wrote:
Yeh I know. Peer pressure :) . I wouldn't have thought it would make much of a difference but everyone iv'e spoken to says it will.
do it Spiro, Rainer will never keep up with you then, he is struggling as it is :lol: :lol:

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:31 pm

sandman wrote:NotTim

Suspect it was us as there weren't too many groups out there last night ! Was great to meet all of you, Spiro you're a beast on that MTB and Zozza, how you pack yourself on that 56, no idea :-) you do need to get that next bike :-) Rainer did up the tempo in a few places which always makes things interesting.

I think I'll be there next week however still no lights as I haven't ordered the Ayups as yet and not sure if I could sponge off Don for another week :-)

Cheers..Pete
you can borrow my lights again Pete, just turn the mount so it is the right way up :lol:

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:33 pm

ozlegacy wrote:Good ride guys, was nice to meet a few new faces too :D

Shame Don's wife wouldnt let him out last night ;-)
:lol: verry funny, i got all my stuff done and am now relaxing in Port Douglas, definately worth missing a ride :)

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 pm

ozlegacy wrote: Not sure I'll be there next week but hopefully the week after
how come, getting your nails done :lol: :lol:

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm

hahah even on holiday you can't keep away!

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 pm

leximack wrote:
ozlegacy wrote: Not sure I'll be there next week but hopefully the week after
how come, getting your nails done :lol: :lol:

no colour and rinse :P

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

ozlegacy wrote:hahah even on holiday you can't keep away!
not a holiday, its a "WORK" conference, i am working extremely hard at the moment whilst drinking an alcoholic beverage by the pool :lol:
hey, somebody has to do it :)

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

leximack wrote:
not a holiday, its a "WORK" conference, i am working extremely hard at the moment whilst drinking an alcoholic beverage by the pool :lol:

NERD :P

I have a real job again next week hence why I prob will miss it, getting there by 6pm from city might be a push especially on the first day

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

ozlegacy wrote:
leximack wrote:

NERD :P

I have a real job again next week hence why I prob will miss it, getting there by 6pm from city might be a push especially on the first day
chuck a sickie, then they will expect that sort of thing in the future and not hassle you about it when you do it again

NotFlyingScot

Monday night M7

Postby NotFlyingScot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Enjoyed my first ride with the Monday night group the other night. Thanks guys.

If it stays dry tonight will probably do a similar ride this evening. I'll head off from Sunnyholt Rd access around 6.00 if anyone fancies joining me.

NotFlyingScot

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 pm

leximack wrote:
Spiza wrote:
ozlegacy wrote: I told you it wouldnt take long :P
do it Spiro, Rainer will never keep up with you then, he is struggling as it is :lol: :lol:
Come on now ladies, play nice :lol:
I've just thought of a cheaper way... we can all ride mountain bikes next week. That way it's a level playing field (except for Rainer, he can ride his roadie so he can keep up) :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, that's not playing nice is it.

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Spiza wrote:
leximack wrote:
Spiza wrote: Yeh I know. Peer pressure :) . I wouldn't have thought it would make much of a difference but everyone iv'e spoken to says it will.
Come on now ladies, play nice :lol:
I've just thought of a cheaper way... we can all ride mountain bikes next week. That way it's a level playing field (except for Rainer, he can ride his roadie so he can keep up) :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, that's not playing nice is it.
no thanks Spiro, that woudl mean putting slicks on the mtb, sounds like too much work to me :lol:
Should be there this coming Monday, hopefully if the wife lets me that is :lol:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:01 pm

I have a cunning plan that hopefully means I can ride with you guys next Monday.

I'll have my bike in the boot of the car at work, so if I can't get away before 5.30 (to leave from home) I'll ride straight from work with Don and pick up my car later in the evening. Also depends how much I ride this weekend too :-).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:17 pm

no thanks Spiro, that woudl mean putting slicks on the mtb, sounds like too much work to me
Just ride it the way it is. What are you...soft! :lol: I guess that's what relaxing in Port Douglas drinking alcoholic beverages by the pool does to you :roll:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Spiza wrote:
no thanks Spiro, that woudl mean putting slicks on the mtb, sounds like too much work to me
Just ride it the way it is. What are you...soft! :lol: I guess that's what relaxing in Port Douglas drinking alcoholic beverages by the pool does to you :roll:
I'll second that :roll: :roll: . At least I was working hard to pay for Don's junket :x :?

:wink:
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS