MTB skills course-nsw

swaz

MTB skills course-nsw

Postby swaz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 am

Right, so instead of blowing my hard earned on wanky wheels or carbon bits I need to learn how to ride! I've got mates who are skilled enough but I think it would be much easier to go to a course. I did a driving one a year ago and it was worth every $.
I have contacted Lisa at Sydney bike skills. Not easy to work out when things are happening other website. Price is good though at $75. Where else should I look. I can't travel interstate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

find_bruce

Re: MTB skills course-nsw

Postby find_bruce » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:48 am

Wild Horizons run the Highland Fling & other events also run skills courses. Next one is 8 Dec $170 for a full day
Anything you can do, I can do slower

swaz

Postby swaz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks will look into it. That is bloody expensive for a mtb course though I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm

http://www.sydneybikeskills.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last beginners course was $75.

Edit: here's another. I know nothing about them but they have 2 days left in their calendar this year. Location is at Terrey Hills in Sydney. Probably an hour's drive from you. $135.

http://www.getyourguide.com/sydney-l200 ... ey-t19713/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swaz

Postby swaz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:57 am

I have emailed Lisa and she has offered a one-on-one lesson for way less than the cost of a group lesson with other mobs.

swaz

Postby swaz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 am

A work mate who is a skilled MTBer has offered to show me what I need to know. On the local track which I sort of know too. For the grand total of $0.00

superkermit

Postby superkermit » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:49 am

I need a mate like that :)

Mapomatic

Postby Mapomatic » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Sydney bike skills has free social rides run out of a meet up group. Try before you buy... I did a skills coursea few years back with AMBC. Our instructor was a software developer by day, trainer by weekend. She was ok, but the skills were mostly done in gravel car park, with a ride at the end. I've seen one run out of Canberra that would case particular techy sections at stromlo. This looked a lot more relevant to me, rather than trying to nail invisible corners. Consider how much you have invested in your bike, clothing, consumables like tyres and tubes. Spending a couple hundred on a good course and perhaps some travel costs to Canberra seem minimal in comparison.

swaz

Postby swaz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:56 pm

superkermit wrote:I need a mate like that :)
He is indeed a good mate. Have been getting out once a week and I am 100% better than I was before. I even go fast enough to crash now haha as opposed to just riding the brakes before. Doing mostly tame downhill stuff, however it is a great confidence booster. Uphill I don't have as many issues.