Street Sign Spelling

ikm

Street Sign Spelling

Postby ikm » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm

I thought I was imagining things this morning so I had to go back and check the video. Looks like someone can't spell.

Old sign - correct

New sign - oops

Map

Have you seen many other mistakes like this around?

wellington_street

Re: Street Sign Spelling

Postby wellington_street » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:02 pm

:lol:

There's a similar one I see all the time on Guildford Rd approaching "Watley" [sic] Crescent at Mt Lawley.

Another amusing one I saw in the city a few months ago was one of those signs was put up on William St, approaching Murray St lights - only problem was the road name said "Hay St" not Murray St. :oops:

You should email your pictures to enquiries@mainroads.wa.gov.au and ask them to fix it, they are pretty good at fixing their mistakes generally and I assume are appreciative that people care enough to report them.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 am

I've given examples of PSP markings which direct you 180deg in the wrong direction, one is still incorrect 2 years on.

Also, if you look at distances on the PSP signs, you get interesting results as well. In the case of one pointing to warwick, it is 5km, you ride 500m towards warwick, and the next sign says 5.5km, so if you are a new rider you are questioning yourself if you are heading in the right direction.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 am

Send a report in to enquiries@mainroads.wa.gov.au otherwise they won't get fixed...

ikm

Postby ikm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Just a quick follow up.

Main roads were very quick to respond to my email. But they told me that one was the responsibility of the local council who they forwarded my email to.

It's almost been a month since the local council (Wanneroo) got an email and I haven't heard anything, even after followup emails. Oh well, I'm sure they will end up vandalised and stolen soon anyway.

I hope those ones along the PSP get sorted one day.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi ikm,

Main Roads were telling you porkies, those signs are their responsibility (as are all traffic signs in the metro area, apart from parking signs). Their customer service staff seem easily confused unfortunately. I'd call Wanneroo and ask to check up on the issue (it's completely unacceptable for them to ignore you for a month) and find out whether they are planning on dealing with it, then follow up with Main Roads again.