Zipp free hub body conversion kit

Farqs

Zipp free hub body conversion kit

Postby Farqs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 am

I ordered some new wheels online and they sent me the wrong wheel - needed to be a Campy hub and instead they sent me a Shimano one. When I brought it up with the site they offered a zipp 188 free hub body conversion kit and some store credit.

Has anyone had to do this before? Do conversion kits hold up over time?

Really just want the wheel I ordered and not a patch up job

open roader

Re: Zipp free hub body conversion kit

Postby open roader » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:52 pm

I've had a friend switch freehub bodies (Shim. to Campag) on Zipp 404 wheels (circa 2011 models don't ask me which hub model) the freehub switch was simple, just a spacer and switch bodies if I remember correctly.

It is likely this is the only difference between the wheels you should have recieved from your order and what you will end up with if you accept the freehub conversion kit. Some bonus store credit is also a good diplomacy option from the business you purchased from as it saves re-packing and double re-shipping of an entire wheelset in favour of posting out a small conversion kit for you.

I'd opt for the offered conversion kit so long as it's a genuine Zipp conversion kit........ then if you want to sell these wheels in the future or you swap to a Shimano equipped bike in the future you are covered for both permutations.........
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

warthog1

Re: Zipp free hub body conversion kit

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:42 am

open roader wrote:dueling banjo country
Where is that roughly? :lol:
Could be used to describe Mildura in some respects, ultra conservative politically, safest national seat in the country federally, before the last election. Not sure now, we got out.
Monumentally stupid to be so one sided either way politically, a seat needs to be marginal so the pollies will not take the place for granted and will spend money on the elctorate to attract votes :roll:
Dogs are the best people :wink: