The new bent

PEDALPOWER44

The new bent

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi all well this is the first time I have left a comment on any subject regarding a recumbent or likewise i purchased my first recumbent about a week ago from Ian at Flying Furniture
in which i believe there a few others that have done the same within the forum first of all the bike that i chose was a touring commuting model made in Taiwan cro-mo frame 26" rear wheel 20" front the running gear is lower grade but functional i will probably upgrade later to something better my first ride was interesting to say the least!!!! but after some concentration i soon got the hang of it i will have to do some fine tuning but what can i say they are a lot more comfy than what i have been riding in the past. :D

Cheers

Steve

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm

G'day Steve,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to a 'bent world!

Let us know how you get on wit the learning curve. It's always an interesting read when newbies relate their experiences.

BTW, see those two buttons on the keyboard below the "L"? They are handy ones to keep in mind. ;) They make it easier for us to read your posts and respond.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

vonhazza

Postby vonhazza » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Steve
Congrats on the new bike, when I started riding my recumbent this year I found the key was to relax and not tense up.
Easier said than done, so just lay back and enjoy the ride.
Look forward to seeing some pic's of your bike when you have 10 post up.

Steve Cruzbike FWD.

Uba Tracker

Postby Uba Tracker » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:28 pm

G'day Steve, welcome to the fold. They're interesting beasties to break in aren't they, in reality it's the RIDER not the RIDE-EE that gets broken,,,,,,,,,,,in. I spent about three hours on a double basket ball court doing giant figure eights, that worked for me. There will be fine tuning, IMO there always is, but it's tinkering with your bike so it's far from bad. Whatever happens have fun. :D

regards

Harry
A bad day's riding beats a good day's work everytime

thomas_cho

Postby thomas_cho » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:16 am

Hi Steve,
Good on you, I am still thinking about getting a bent from Ian. I test rode the Bacchetta Giro 20 and 26, and I also rode a TW Cr-mo one, tho I have no idea what its called.

Is yours with the narrower handlebars compared to the bacchetta which has bars on the outside of the knees? I had a bit of difficulty trying to get my balance on those shorter bars.

Would definitely appreciate it if you could share your experience with the bent here.

Cheers
Thomas

PEDALPOWER44

Getting there now!!!!

Postby PEDALPOWER44 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Well I rode to work today, not all the way though I cheated just a tad & caught the train in close to where I work.

All I know is that I am getting better, from the station it's about 3.5kms but I went the longer route which is about 5kms.

So things are now starting to smooth out, my cadence seems smoother but I soon noticed how many bumps and lumps are on the road when you are in the Recumbent position not that it's a bad thing your just more aware of it.

Thomas thanks for asking, my bent is the one that you may have ridden??it has the narrow bars which need some fine tuning so when I am turning at low speeds the bars don't hit my sides, maybe I will change these at a later date.

As for the bacchetta's there a nice looking machine maybe I will upgrade in the near future. :D

Cheers

Steve