Zockra High Racer in Oz

Velorossi

Zockra High Racer in Oz

Postby Velorossi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:11 am

Yes, there is now a Zockra High Racer about to hit the tarmac in Oz.

It was a slow process right from the start but after a few production delays in France and then my very slow build time after the frame kit arrived (mostly waiting for other special parts to arrive), now finally here I am about to take it out for it's very first spin around the local Crit Track.... gulp!

Stand by for a ride report.

PS. I'll have to look into how to upload images on here (not as easy as BROL it seems).

Velorossi

Re: Zockra High Racer in Oz

Postby Velorossi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 am

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:33 am

...and some custom tiller work to fit the SRAM R2C gear shifters...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Very nice. I did come across your posting at BROL so nice to see you here now ... that looks like one seriously fast machine.

Andrew

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Andrew, I had my very first ride today... was way more friendly than I thought it might be. I built it well beyond my chicken legs ability at the moment but with a bit more commitment and a summer of meaningful K's I'm hoping I'll do it some justice eventually. I picked the Zockra after some discussions with Pete Heal on Velokraft options and I'm not disappointed (but I still lust after a NoCom Pete... : ) )

The Zockra needs to be quite a versatile machine, I wanted it to be just as at home on a Velodrome as on a +200km day ride... fingers crossed. Now I need to work out what to do with my Performer High Racer?

Roadie

Postby Roadie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Wow. Nice bit of kit there. It looks beautifully made and light. Post up some more finished and riding pics.

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 am

At the factory ready to be sent as a frame kit.

...and now for the first ride :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 pm

A Zockra in action; serious action that is :)

Andrew

william

Postby william » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:02 pm

The Zockra is a fast bike by design but Velorossi was already fast, so... if you can keep up with him its because he's just cruising :)

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Just a couple of details and a shot from a fantastic Bellarine Peninsula ride, although I did manage to loose a rear light and a brake shoe which made intersections a fine balance of gears and front brake control, thanks to Riggsbie for keeping cars behind under control :)

The Osymetrics are really growing on me, I found them quite odd at first until after a few rides I repositioned them to get a slightly sweeter dead spot position. Only needed moving the spider a single spline on the Lightning cranks to get them just about spot on. The dead spot rotates so fast it really shows up my bad technique though, as I'm too slow pushing so I get a slight clunk sometimes at the start of a stroke…. I'd best spend some time doing single leg spins again until I get dialled in.

The bike is absolutely a joy to ride, it behaves itself really well at all speeds but I did notice it's a real handful at 35km/h in 40km/h side winds. Being so light and deep'ish carbon rims… it sure keeps you focused! Next I'll drop the seat angle again and see how it handles at 14 degrees rather than 17 degrees…signs are good it will still be superbly balanced to ride.

WeKneeDragger

Postby WeKneeDragger » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:53 am

Very nice Zockra. Nice post with the pics you have let us see. MORE MORE MORE