Grips??

filippimini

Grips??

Postby filippimini » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi guys,

I want to add another hand position to my trek fx 7.2. I'm looking at adding a set of ergon gp2 or gp4 grips.
Has anybody had any experience with these?
What is the difference between the large and small size? Will either fit my bike?
Do all grips fit on all bars? i.e. Are all bars the same diameter?

Cheers
Filippi

limbot

Postby limbot » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Don't know about those ones specifically but I recently added BBB ergostiks (small) to my Trek DS 8.4. Already had the "flappy paddle" grips.

Liked the smalls because they were much more unobtrusive than the bigger ones (actually bought classic bars, got back to the office and decided I wanted smaller and walked straight back to the shop to swap).

The Ergo web site says small hands , small grips, big hands, big grips :p

Love them and find I spend most of my time on the bar grips. Best $25 I've spent on the bike so far .

Believe most bars are the same diameter so you should be good. Should be easy to install yourself too for that sense of DYI. :)

il padrone

Re: Grips??

Postby il padrone » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Ergon GC3 are what I have, even better than the GP4 as they have an extra front flick to give another position

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:46 am

I use these:

http://www.tranzx.com/product/9bar/861a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:20 am

Ergon grips are either sized by hand size (so small is smaller hands, large is larger hands) or by length (small is short, large is long). The GP series are the former. They are great grip for a straight bar but if the bar has significant sweep (curve back to the rider) then they aren't so great (for that situation consider the new GC1). Regardless of the size they will all fit your bars..

If thee were me then I'd look to either a GP4 or GP5. Although there's not much wrong with the GC3 that Padrone recommended either [though it has been superseded]
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle