Olympic Road Race (Men)

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:48 pm

ohmygewd wrote:Tell if l read this right but l actually thought Cadel sacrificed a medal as he rode for Australia by giving Rogers every chance of winning when he attacked, created a break, dropped off two gold medal favorites and then didn't respond when Schleck , Rogers and co break? It was if he insured that the main favorites didn't respond either thus giving Rogers (who has the freshes of legs) a chance.
My understanding too. Cadel played the good team mate and just sat back in the chase group and didn't assist when Rogers joined the lead group of six.

Saw some footage of Sanchez on Spanish news this morning. He seemed to be having a ball there in BJ at the moment. Touring BJ and being feted by all the fans there.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 pm

I don't know Cadel could of done mucj in that group either.Was quite a long down hill and flat bit leading into the finish until the final kick.Perfect finishes for Sánchez & Rebellin who will not big sprinters are very strong in the sprints in courses like this.Pity Rodgers said he cramped up when he went to sprint..tough day in the saddle.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:21 pm

I was most impressed with Rebellin. There was zero emotion out of that guy given the heat, humidity and hills.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm

sogood wrote:I was most impressed with Rebellin. There was zero emotion out of that guy given the heat, humidity and hills.
Bit passed his prime but he was a huge force in the Ardennes Classics a few years back.

ohmygewd

Postby ohmygewd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:25 pm

The only thing that UCI and the IOC need to come up with in the next olympics...let the friggin crowd on the course!!!!!
To have some of the best road racers in the world for basically a one day classic and not have spectators just tarnished the gold medal and the event as a whole IMO.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Who remembers the mens sydney race?...crowds where good,probably not amazing to tell the truth considering where it was.Next olympics should be pretty special for the road race...although not sure where in Essex it will be...but at least there will be plenty of Essex girls in the crowd :lol:

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah, you know what they say about Essex girls!

Jim