NSW Grand Prix

foo on patrol

NSW Grand Prix

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I have to say, I am liking the form of this young bloke Caleb Ewan. I believe he has a very bright future ahead of him. :idea: :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Derny Driver

Re: NSW Grand Prix

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Did you watch it on telly Foo?
Ride of the day today was Jack Beckinsdale, that was super what he did, in the break all day and then still had enough to outfox Caleb from 500 metres out and win it. Man those ProTour riders can really light it up when they want to. Mark Renshaw was amazing.
I was there both days, Cronulla and Wollongong. Young DD was offered a ride in the Pro races by Phil Bates but we declined ... maybe next year. He ran 2nd in the B grade support race at Cronulla and got a nice envelope with some cash, this morning he backed up and won our club crit before we headed in on the derny to watch the big boys. My mates also got 1st in masters yesterday and 2nd again today, so that was a good weekend.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah DD on TV. Beckinsdale was good today but there is something about Caleb Ewan that says to me, he is a good package in what he does with his body size. :wink: He is short with a stocky build, so he has good power to weight ratio and can get very good drag from all riders in the field. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Agree. Another thing too: you would be aware of how tough Stephen Pate was on a bike, well Caleb is the closest thing Ive seen. The rougher it is, the better he is. He is never intimidated and in the heat of a race he will not give up a wheel or be pushed around because he is small. The last two occasions I have seen him ride he has headbutted and shouldered other riders who tried to muscle him off a wheel before the sprint. I think he would rather fall off than give up position in the bunch. Very very tough customer. And that toughness carries over to his training, he trains harder than anyone else. All good qualities for a pro cyclist.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm

That quality is rare in todays riders DD, that are always looking for shortcuts. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km