Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Big_Red

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Big_Red » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Latest order of some SPD mtb shoes & out front SRAM mount for my gamin 500 from Wiggle (free shipping option) at 9.20pm on 6 Nov, received email saying order processed at 1.20am 7 Nov, arrived at work 8.30am today (14 Nov) to find parcel on desk. Sweet. Looks like parcel dispatched from Vic warehouse.

Also ducked into Goldcross yesterday on the way home from work for their "non-online" special of a pair of Maxxis Refuse tyres for $40 at 5.20pm just before they closed and scored the last pair in the shop. Just what the doctor ordered as my rear tyre had worn down to the liner during a 127km ride i did Saturday which included 40km on North Stradbroke Island. Only 1 puncture on these tyres in 3500km of commuting, so worthy of buying again.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am

Ordered a cassette and chain from PBK last night, promptly dispatched two hours later.

Marto

Postby Marto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Ordered some parts from Bikebug at 1pm yesterday. (Selle SMP Dynamic Saddle ($219), Elite Iceberg Thermal Bottle, ABUS U-Bolt lock, Saris Bones 3 Car Rack).

Dispatched 5:30pm yesterday, out for delivery from Brisbane depot 7am today.

They consistently dispatch orders the next business day, and have good prices for most items. That is the sort of service that is competitive with Wiggle/Ribble/c r c etc.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:37 pm

purchased spokes from http://www.moruyabicycles.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. dispatched very quickly and received in a couple of days (interstate). they have a fantastic stock of all the fiddly spares (spokes, bearings, etc.) that the big boys tend not to carry. they were very quick to respond to my email query and were on the money. these guys are A1 in my book - 2nd time i've used them.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Ordered from Wiggle on Thursday AEDT. Order was shipped Thursday GMT. Received Monday. Was not impressed with the packaging at all. The box was a sheet of card board folded up with the corner/edges left unsealed. When I got it one of the edges was wide enough to put a hand through, two others were visibility split open. Luckily nothing was missing, although one of the smaller parts could have come out of that gaping hole. I don't mind them not using proper boxes, but at least seal all the edges etc. Also no padding/air bags etc, perhaps I am just too used to Amazon's packaging. Btw the box was only 30cm by 20cm by 20cm.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 pm

jules21 wrote:purchased spokes from http://www.moruyabicycles.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. dispatched very quickly and received in a couple of days (interstate). they have a fantastic stock of all the fiddly spares (spokes, bearings, etc.) that the big boys tend not to carry. they were very quick to respond to my email query and were on the money. these guys are A1 in my book - 2nd time i've used them.
I've also used them for some fiddly little hard to find parts. Always get good service :)
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

thejester

Postby thejester » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Was going to buy Fulcrum 5 from wiggle (AT) $249 with free delivery. Decided to do the right thing and go domestic to Torpedo7 even though they were (AT) $279 delivered. Instead bought Fulcrum Quattros (AT) $299 delivered. THREE days later item despatched!! Expect in 6days maybe less!!
In the mean time T7 sent me an email advertising a further 10% off. I just thought "damn should have held off. Oh well, they will be here 3-4days."
Can't believe in this day and age when retailers are crying about foreign purchases that they can't even achieve a 24hr despatch target.
I was so angry I fired off a narky email and then rang to complain a few hrs later. All I really wanted was the wheels delivered ASAP so I could ride thedamn things. Not much T7 could do after the fact, they are however refunding me 10% so I at least get the better price if I had waited to order.
Full credit that they picked up the phone within 3 rings, let me vent, gave an explanation not an excuse and offered up the 10% refund straight away.
So while very angry at 3 day despatch happy with their customer service.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm

thejester wrote:Was going to buy Fulcrum 5 from wiggle (AT) $249 with free delivery. Decided to do the right thing and go domestic to Torpedo7 even though they were (AT) $279 delivered.
T7 is Kiwi, although some may consider them to be the seventh state. But customs will still slug you if its over 1k.

thejester

Postby thejester » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:44 am

Day 4 and tracking number shows goods have not yet reached the "in transit" stage.
T7 are really annoying me.
Won't say I will never use them again, but they are dropping down the list.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:53 am

thejester wrote:Day 4 and tracking number shows goods have not yet reached the "in transit" stage.
T7 are really annoying me.
Won't say I will never use them again, but they are dropping down the list.
I ordered from there last Thursday. Seems to be shipping from an Australian warehouse as an eparcel tracking was provided. Shows initiated on Friday. Shows "Delivered" on Wednesday (Delivered to my PO box but haven't picked it up yet). No Transit stage.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:01 pm

tekapo wrote: I ordered from there last Thursday. Seems to be shipping from an Australian warehouse as an eparcel tracking was provided. Shows initiated on Friday. Shows "Delivered" on Wednesday (Delivered to my PO box but haven't picked it up yet). No Transit stage.
Ok, Its shipped from NZ. But its directly via Auspost eparcel. I guess T7 uses some sort of bulk carrier to deliver to Auspost which then forwards it on. Which is probably why there isn't really a transit stage.

wontac

Probikekit. Bad business integretory

Postby wontac » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi,
I'd just like to give a big THUMBS DOWN to probike kit. Mostly they've been good in years gone by but the last 3 orders they've stuffed up. They say it isn't about the mistake it's how you correct it that's the test. If that is so then they deserve a double thumbs down from me. Last time I ordered bib shorts and got confirmation of bib shorts. They sent me non bib shorts. I contacted them, filled in all their papaerwork and sent them back at my expense. They then sent me non bib shorts again and here's the cheeky bit.... they changed my order so it looked like I ordered the non bib shorts (at the bib shorts price) and again gave me a really bureaucratic and evasive response. I sent it back again and now they've said that they will refund some of the money that I've spent with them..... for their mistake..... on a product that they're still advertising. They said they'd refund me one of the postage too but I'm yet to see that even though I informed them of that close to a month ago. I'm stagered at their lack of morals and it seems I don't have a lot of leverage as they have my money and now they have the goods. Does anyone out there have any experience dealing with English consumer affairs?

So if you are looking for someone you could try marc.theunissen@thehutgroup.com even though you'd be lucky to get a response. If you are reading this Marc... it would be the decent thing to do to at least contact me and try and resolve the issue.

thejester

Postby thejester » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Day 7 goods are finally showing "in transit" (AT) 4.28pm.
This better mean they arrive on day 8.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Exemplary Wiggle service continues. Ordered Thursday night and received Monday morning (with free DHL tracking). Also provided 17% discount off list price to Platinum members.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:42 pm

biker jk wrote:Exemplary Wiggle service continues. Ordered Thursday night and received Monday morning (with free DHL tracking). Also provided 17% discount off list price to Platinum members.
exactly the same for me.

Tassiecelt

Postby Tassiecelt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm

One online shop I will avoid from now on is thebicycleshop.com

I lost a lot of money dealing with these guys a series of purchases and returns simply because they neither listened to my requests nor fully understood the products they were selling.

I ask for a handlebar bag that would take an iPad, they sent one that was way too small. I asked for a trunk bag that would fit a 100mm wide rack, they sent one that needed a wider rack.

Not only did I loose money, but when I demanded a statement to show how they figured the money they had kept back they didn't reply.

Sent from my iPad

thejester

Postby thejester » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Yey!!
Day 8 they have arrived and while not yet sheathed they look smoking hot on the MadOne.
All is forgiven T7. Thanks for my lovely wheels at a fantastic price.
Trek Madone 3.1
Giant CRX4 - Black Ghost
Shogun Trailbreaker3
I need a dualie

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:23 am

got my road ID in the delivery window. Product as expected. :)

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Typical bike stuff order to c r c last Wednesday afternoon, free shipping via Royal Mail, got it yesterday afternoon.

8 days, metro Melbourne. Happy customer.

dominicj

Postby dominicj » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 am

Ordered some gloves from Knog which arrived as expected next day (paid for express delivery). Unfortunately they were the wrong size so emailed off the their team who advised to ship them back for replacement. Expected a week or so turnaround to get mine back to them after I shipped them back the next day but when I got home I found the replacements had been shipped express from Melbourne the previous day (shortly after my email). Far exceeded my expectations, even for a boutique brand (aka. $45 gloves).

Super happy with their customer service and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend.

theOracle

Postby theOracle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Like most other people have mentioned, delivery of purchased goods from Wiggle is very quick indeed. Have brought stuff off dodgy eBay dealers and waited months for the damn things.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:30 am

Wiggle continue to impress. Ordered Friday 20th, arrived today (24th) to regional SA. Incredible for this time of year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petal665

Postby petal665 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 am

Ordered DA hubs from Evans Cycles on Christmas Eve, delivered in Brisbane today.
Ordered from cyclingexpress at the same time, not one piece of correspondence yet. Australian service suuuuuucks.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:09 pm

petal665 wrote:Ordered from cyclingexpress at the same time, not one piece of correspondence yet. Australian service suuuuuucks.
To be fair, Cyclingexpress online is a Chinese/Hong Kong company.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

+1 for Wiggle (again/still)
-1 for DHL (first time they've let me down)

Ordered gear on Monday 23/12. Tracked the parcel having paid extra for DHL since the service has been awesome previously. Due for delivery yesterday Friday 27/12. I spotted that it was undeliverable due to incorrect address within 15 mins of the email update. My address was 100% correct. Phoned customer support who spoke to the driver and he wouldn't return. It's not like my address is difficult, a townhouse within 1km of local suburban shopping centre.

Formal complaint to DHL for having a lazy, inept driver. I picked up the parcel from DHL this morning and the lady at the counter rolled her eyes at the driver's incompetence. I've never had problems with DHL at my work address but a residential address in suburban Sydney is too hard at 3pm on a Friday arvo.

Lesson learned.

Well done for Wiggle shipping the day before Xmas Eve and DHL prior to the delivery driver in getting the parcel to Aus inside a working week that consisted of two public holidays in most places in the western world.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS