Improving Cycling Express

jacks1071

Re: Improving Cycling Express

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:13 pm

AUbicycles wrote:My own experience - I was able to return a rear MTB wheel. A replacement unfortunately was not available. Returns process was described and pretty easy - so assume when received the refund will be made and I can then see who stocks a old-style spec 26" MTB wheelset with rotor mount.
Like these?

http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/product ... elset.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a brand-new set of cheaper wheels that came on my Merdia I could do you a deal on if you were on a tight budget.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:34 pm

My Experience;

Ordered 14th
Dispatched 18th
Arrived 28th.

All good other than the handlebars I ordered. I emailed Tuesday still awaiting response.

They advertise a Ritchey comp bar that looks like a standard curve bend handlebar. Has the same description as the Ritchey website. Check both pictures closely, on the left of the clamp area it has Comp, on the Right, I think it is CompCurve.

I got delivered a Ergo bend bar with Comp written on both sides of the clamp area. Hopefully, genuine packing mistake, waiting for reply before taking further.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:24 pm

I notice in the latest CE "specials" email to lad in my inbox there is a small banner saying "No Hidden Tax Duty Costs + international delivery to your door"

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Ross wrote:I notice in the latest CE "specials" email to lad in my inbox there is a small banner saying "No Hidden Tax Duty Costs + international delivery to your door"
Yeah they claim to take care of it all. Yet to find out how/if that works though.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm

My update - the returns process was ok, a bit of back and forth but contact with two staff members and it moved forward.
Afterward it was slow - apparantly it took 9 days to ship to the Melbourne warehouse (notification sent) and then four days before it was processed. There were some hiccups getting the refund but I explained politely that consumer law in Australia allows us to have a refund and not just a voucher - this was important as they no longer had the wheelset I needed in stock so I have to purchase elsewhere.

Refund will be due soon.

On my credit card, the correct AUD amount was deducted and with the low order value there was no import duty / GST.

Email response has been generally within 24 hours and I have usually had the same contact person which makes it easier.
Cycling is in my BNA

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Still no reply from CE after 3 days!

Very poor.

RoFlmaTiC

Postby RoFlmaTiC » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:36 pm

I ordered a new Garmin 910xt on friday (25th) and it arrived in the post on tuesday (29th)!

Was very impressed with this delivery timeframe, cyclingexpress also worked out cheaper than the online competition.
2011 Cervelo S2 | 2014 Cervelo P2 | 2014 Apollo Giro Disc | 2018 S Works Tarmac Ultralight | 2020 Ragley Trig Adventure

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

My recent purchase experience, ordered 2 BMC bidons and a Chris King cap.

1/11 - order confirmed
6/11 - order arrived, to Perth.

pretty happy with that turn around, over the weekend as well.

pauls51

Postby pauls51 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Haven't had any online experience with CE, but I did pop in to the store at lunch time and had a very pleasant experience

andyg5

Postby andyg5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Just ordered a Garmin 510 bundle. Best price I could find online was $348, cyclingexpress beat the price by 10% to bring it down to $313.20. Hope the delivery goes just as smooth.

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:08 pm

andyg5 wrote:Just ordered a Garmin 510 bundle. Best price I could find online was $348, cyclingexpress beat the price by 10% to bring it down to $313.20. Hope the delivery goes just as smooth.
Thanks for the tip. I've been comparing and came up with the same best price online. Might also join the price matching club

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:04 pm

So did we get an update on whether CE is Australian, part Australian or completely taken over O/S now? I'm only 5 mins down the road from their showroom at Bayswater and have a soft spot for the old Lear Sports (well in its early days).

Actually can someone tell me if Lear Sports use to have a shop on the corner of Burwood Hwy and Warrigal Rd (talking 20 or 30 years ago). I use to love that shop as little tacker.

In this day and age $$$ talk and they have some pretty cheap bikes online.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I have an interview due to be published soon (waiting for a few things) but can respond.

Based on feedback the most useful info is that in the owner there are additional stakeholders.
Logistically they (generally) ship bikes from Australia and the accessories from Taiwan. I am guessing that Legend Cycles (who some may be familiar with if the have order from CE and had email contact) are a stake holder however it was not directly mentioned.
Cycling is in my BNA

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Is CEs price match plus 10%

I asked them to match wiggle on some pedals, and just got a voucher code to match the price? (Albeit several days later)

cage

Postby cage » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I think at one point it was 10% but all that on there site now is..'Found a lower price? We will beat it!'

I've been waiting since Friday on a Price Match/Price Beat (call it what you will) on an item on c r c, but after a few emails via there 'Contact Us' with no reply, I get the impression there deliberately stalling. Got a little bit of headway today via there on-line chat line and was told their 'Price Match Team' would be in touch but I'm not holding my breath. c r c's pricing changes tomorrow so I've taken screen shots but I reckon I'm now just wasting my time.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes I'd say they leave it a few days for people to lose patience... Like me, I got sick of waiting and just ordered through wiggle... Cost me a coupla extra days so I won't do the price match thing again...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:30 am

Goo point Dr Mutley, online we expect much faster results. It is different to visiting a local bike shop but a pre-requisite for competing online with high customer satisfaction.
Cycling is in my BNA

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 am

I'd say Occam's applies here - I've always had quick responses to price match requests except for the odd occasion where no automated emails have arrived at all (including out-of-stock notifications etc). They also actually check stock, shipping costs etc, so it's not just a matter of clicking a link to confirm the listed price.

With price matching and general enquiries I've found the CE staff I've dealt with very helpful once my email/enquiry has been actually allocated to someone - but that first step can sometimes take a day or so.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 pm

just made an order through them. Paid $10 for the tracking/shipping info. Seemed to be same day dispatch (about 3 hrs actually). See how it goes. Also used the BNA discount code. Thats pretty good dispatch time better than wiggle and c r c although I always take the free shipping with those guys. Trust them a little more :).
Dr_Mutley wrote:Yes I'd say they leave it a few days for people to lose patience... Like me, I got sick of waiting and just ordered through wiggle... Cost me a coupla extra days so I won't do the price match thing again...
Did they honour the deal?

A few extra days for online communications seems ok to me? If they did not honour the deal that is another story. If I couldn't wait those few extra days I wouldn't have bothered asking someone to price match and just purchased in store or paid express shipping with c r c/Wiggle.

zakka101

Postby zakka101 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:11 pm

about the 5th time ive used CE.

their new system is great, i didnt have any trouble.
ordered sunday night late about 2330, goods arrived just this morning ( friday ) from taiwan.
Overall happy, everything is there. didnt know there was a BNA discount code though - shattered.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:33 pm

CE honoured my price match with c r c on an Ultegra 6800 groupset. They beat the coupon special price by 10%.

What bugs me about them is the way they change their prices on bikes so often that by the time I have made my mind up the prices have gone up $200. I am after a road bike for my wife. I was going to buy two different bikes in the last week and at the last minute the prices went up.

Cell has some nice offerings and their prices are stable.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:36 pm

eeksll wrote:just made an order through them. Paid $10 for the tracking/shipping info. Seemed to be same day dispatch (about 3 hrs actually). See how it goes. Also used the BNA discount code. Thats pretty good dispatch time better than wiggle and c r c although I always take the free shipping with those guys. Trust them a little more :).
Dr_Mutley wrote:Yes I'd say they leave it a few days for people to lose patience... Like me, I got sick of waiting and just ordered through wiggle... Cost me a coupla extra days so I won't do the price match thing again...
Did they honour the deal?

A few extra days for online communications seems ok to me? If they did not honour the deal that is another story. If I couldn't wait those few extra days I wouldn't have bothered asking someone to price match and just purchased in store or paid express shipping with c r c/Wiggle.
Well I usually give 24 to 48hrs for a reply then will order through the original vendor if I haven't heard, which I did. If u give a few days then I'm clearly a much more inpatient person! ;-)

I measure a company by the speed and quality of their replies. If it takes three days to reply to a price match or enquiry, then I don't hold much hope of prompt processing or dispatch of orders.

Did they honour the deal? Well no, not if they beat prices by 10% as expected, (and suggested above).

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:42 am

I'm not sure that things are actually improving.

I decided to give CE another shot so I made a couple of small orders and everything went smoothly. This restored my trust a bit so I ordered a Bianchi Sempre frame during their 10% off sale a few days ago. I bought the frame based on the description. When I had a good look at the pictures I realised that the description did not match the photos. The frame is described as having a tapered headtube and carbon tapered forks - neither of which is correct.

I have requested a refund which was promised yesterday; I am a little ticked off because it has not happened and the incorrect description has not been corrected as of this morning, even though the frame is featured on their LIMITED TIME OFFER banner.

I will report what happens.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:05 am

I got my stuff on monday. The chain i got looks like OEM packaging? a ziplock bag with a cyclingexpress sticker on it. I sometimes get that sort of packaging from c r c.
Dr_Mutley wrote:
eeksll wrote:just made an order through them. Paid $10 for the tracking/shipping info. Seemed to be same day dispatch (about 3 hrs actually). See how it goes. Also used the BNA discount code. Thats pretty good dispatch time better than wiggle and c r c although I always take the free shipping with those guys. Trust them a little more :).
my order came throught. Interesting that the ultegra chain I got came in s a zip lock bag with a cycling express sticker on it not the usual box. I assume this is normal? I sometimes get things like this from c r c.

Well I usually give 24 to 48hrs for a reply then will order through the original vendor if I haven't heard, which I did. If u give a few days then I'm clearly a much more inpatient person! ;-)

I measure a company by the speed and quality of their replies. If it takes three days to reply to a price match or enquiry, then I don't hold much hope of prompt processing or dispatch of orders.

Did they honour the deal? Well no, not if they beat prices by 10% as expected, (and suggested above).
3 days is borderline. But if they did not honour the deal then case closed.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm

My refund on the Bianchi came through - it's handy being able to let our fellow cyclists' know how shops are treating us.

I can't understand why they have not revised the frame description. It will lead to more headaches for themselves and frustrated buyers like myself. If I had not studied the photos like a eagle then the frame would have arrived and then I would have been really pissed off.

The head tube is not tapered and the forks are aluminium and carbon, not pure carbon...

"With large tube diameters excellent stiffness are achieved on the frame. That is also continuing at the head tube. This now has a conical "Tapered" cross section with 1-1/8" diameter, resulting in a stiff and stable front. The comfortable tapered full carbon fork fits neatly into the frame."