Bike Agenda - Castle Hill, NSW

josephk86

Bike Agenda - Castle Hill, NSW

Postby josephk86 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Wondering whether anyone has heard of Bike Agenda, it looks to have opened up in place of the Castle Hill Bike Shop on Carrington Avenue...which has moved around the corner near Bunnings.

Anyone know what they're all about, what they stock. They haven't got a website up yet, http://www.bikeagenda.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks,

Joe

leximack

Re: Bike Agenda - Castle Hill, NSW

Postby leximack » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

josephk86 wrote:Hi Guys,

Wondering whether anyone has heard of Bike Agenda, it looks to have opened up in place of the Castle Hill Bike Shop on Carrington Avenue...which has moved around the corner near Bunnings.

Anyone know what they're all about, what they stock. They haven't got a website up yet, http://www.bikeagenda.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks,

Joe
that was a big shop, they would need to have ALOT of stock to fill it up.
Will check them out next time im in the area

scotto

Postby scotto » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:38 am

Joe et al
the goss...
The Giant Bike shop moved - no idea why - but they are now just across the road from bunnings, about 200m from the old shop. Really small, with downstairs workshop.
The Bike Agenda store is owned by the same people...no workshop, just more bikes...

Make sense of that if you will. Either way, theyre still a very pricy LBS, and Dave the (worlds best) mechanic now works at Burwood

Dave_C

Postby Dave_C » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:16 pm

When i drove by they don't appear to be in teh old store, but a smaller one nextdoor - facing carrington no victoria ave
Dave

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:59 pm

scotto wrote:Joe et al
the goss...
The Giant Bike shop moved - no idea why - but they are now just across the road from bunnings, about 200m from the old shop. Really small, with downstairs workshop.
The Bike Agenda store is owned by the same people...no workshop, just more bikes...

Make sense of that if you will. Either way, theyre still a very pricy LBS, and Dave the (worlds best) mechanic now works at Burwood
Great info thanks. Saves me going into the "new" store and being continually disappointed with service and pricing.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

josephk86

Postby josephk86 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:05 am

scotto wrote:Joe et al
the goss...

Real interesting, thanks guys...looks like I may be giving the new store a miss. Interesting to know about the Mechanic, I used to really like the servicing at the Castle Hill store.

Joe

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 pm

It's a shame, but living in the hills district of Sydney, I haven't found a decent LBS yet. Every store I have walked into, I have been either ignored or talked down to. I can only assume it is because I'm female or because I'm a commuter, despite doing 300km+ a week.
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

josephk86

Postby josephk86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 am

Isabella, I'm a bloke and I feel the same...my LBS at the moment is a good 20km away! Bit of a pain

Seventeen

Postby Seventeen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:56 am

That store is THE WORST...by far THE WORST store I have ever set foot in.

I am embarrassed to say that I have bought I bicycle from them and their after sales ...read walking out the door, young daughter in hand, her new bike in the other and store owner yelling at me to put my iphone away because of some extremely poor reason. yelling??? ...attitude is horrendous.

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:07 am

josephk86 wrote:Isabella, I'm a bloke and I feel the same...my LBS at the moment is a good 20km away! Bit of a pain
Glad to know i'm not the only one!
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

broker

Postby broker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:37 pm

I purchased a bike there a few years back, thought I'd support 'local' business and paid the extra $$$.
Dropped the bike off for the first service and they tried charging me for it (even though clearly stating first service is free).

So after feeling violated I decided never to go back (went all the way to Green Grocer at Goulburn to get my first 'real' bike 8) ). Unfortunately most of the local to Castle Hill bike stores are much similar.
isabella24 wrote:
josephk86 wrote:Isabella, I'm a bloke and I feel the same...my LBS at the moment is a good 20km away! Bit of a pain
Glad to know i'm not the only one!
Though I've never purchased a bike at the Trek store Rouse Hill, I've had a few services and have found them to be quite good. Dan the mechanic there is great.

Cheers
Dave

newie

Postby newie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:47 pm

When I was first getting in to cycling a few years ago I visited the bike shops in Castle Hill as it is near my parents place. I was pretty disgusted with their attitudes and my Dad had a similar story. Especially when compared to up here in Newcastle where I have found the bike shops universally very good. I though it might be just a Newcastle phenomenon, as even the used car dealers and real estate agents up here are nowhere near as slimy as the ones down in Sydney. Good to hear the Rouse Hill store is beating the trend - but I would never buy a Trek....

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I am in the Hills as well and I am yet to find a decent bike shop.
I bought my last bike online and simply avoided the bike shop entirely. The last few specialty jobs I have has done, I travelled all the way to Riverwood just to use Peter Bundy. He is about the only decent guy I have found!

I do all my own servicing now. I got fed up with poor quality jobs done at top quality prices. I had one experience where the lbs didn't tighten the bolts on my brake pads, so the first I used them they rotated 90 degrees and stripped all the decals off the rims. Luckily there was still some contact with the rims and I was able to stop!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Dazz

Postby Dazz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Was going to check this shop out but won't now. Purchased my bike from the old store there and at my first service felt like I was wasting their time as it was a free service. Now see Mal at Kangazilla in Old Toongabbie if I have any issues. He always has the time for any issues and comes across as a real nice bloke. My 2c.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtrain

Postby dtrain » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:08 pm

I agree, Kangazilla Mal is the best LBS in (or close to) the Hills District.
Very reasonable service prices and a friendly guy.

TimW

Postby TimW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:35 am

Approx a week ago, my Wife and I went to Bunnings (just off Victoria Ave Castle Hill), and as we were exiting the store i spotted the shop opposite. So we went in for a look. I noticed the minimal stock levels, and saw some lube i wanted, so waited at the counter. An elderly sales assistant was attending to a customer. 20 minutes later, after not being acknowledged once, or spoken to by the sales assistant, one of the mechanics walked into the store. I asked him if he would serve me (Still being ignored by the elderly guy). I got a can of spray and a bottle of rock and roll gold. The mechanic charged me 20 bucks for both. Wife and I then left. In the car i noticed that the mechanic had undercharged me for the rock and roll gold. Did i go back and correct the error? not on your life. Service was appaling so they can wear the cost of incompetence. Never going back to that store again.

As for my lbs. It used to be the Trek concept store at Rouse Hill Town Centre, but overpriced products and numerous issues fixing a problem with a Madone 5.9 has now left a sour taste re this shop, in particular the manager who runs hot and cold, depending on the mood he is in at the time.

My lbs is 40 k's away :shock: :shock: , I have no affiliation to The bike Shed at Morrdale, but i did buy a Focus Izalco Team 3 Bike there in March this year.
The three times i have been back for the complimentary bike checks have been a pleasant experience. In fact the whole package from first phone call made inquiring about the bike, to the purchase, to the bike fit and after sales service has been fantastic, and for me it is worth the drive to now get any of my bikes serviced.

eon

Postby eon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:40 pm

+1 for Kangazilla. been going there recently :D ... oh and the shopride hurts too :evil: .

Was going to Castle Hill in the past only cos of Dave, but their cust service sux.
Took me car to Good Year accross Bunnings a couple of weeks back and saw their new shop. Curious I had a looksie, then decided to buy a chain lube. I waited 20min to be served...
car nearly finished its service when i went back to Goodyear.

I hear that the Kangazilla Shop is moving to a bigger showroom in Bella Vista

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:42 pm

personally I have not had any problems with the Castle Hill shop. Have bought a few bikes from there over the years with no issues.
I have had some work done on the bike when Dave was there as he really knew what he was doing.
Recently though I have been servicing and maintaining my bikes myself, ie changing parts, tuning etc I am comfortable with and with a bit of googling can usually work it out. I only don't do wheel stuff (ie truing) and I hate bottom brackets so when they need doing I see the experts.
Have riden with Mal from Kangazilla a few times so he will get the next chance of bike servicing when I need it.

Sarge65

Postby Sarge65 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 am

isabella24 wrote:It's a shame, but living in the hills district of Sydney, I haven't found a decent LBS yet. Every store I have walked into, I have been either ignored or talked down to. I can only assume it is because I'm female or because I'm a commuter, despite doing 300km+ a week.
I was always looking for a new Bike Shop closer to home, given that I really didn't like the service and price at the Castle Hill Bike Shop and they seem to have got worse since they moved to the new shop. Never did understand why, seems tucked out of the way and if you didn't know about the shop in the first place, it would hard to spot! Trek at Rouse Hill are expensive as hell and again if your not part of the in crowd its hard to get really great service.
However I have found a shop that opened up in Schofields in what used to be the old liquor shop opposite of what used to the Schofields train station until it was moved up the road. Really great crew and they conduct rides every Tue and Thurs for all levels of riders, great atmosphere, and great people.
Go check them out and tell them Sarge sent you (and no I don't get anything out of the endorsement!)
Regards

scotto

Postby scotto » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 am

queequeg wrote:I am in the Hills as well and I am yet to find a decent bike shop.
!
+3 for Kangazilla at Norwest. Dropped by the other day. Impressed.
Finally a decent (road/race/Tri) bike shop and great staff/service.

trek52

Postby trek52 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 am

Guys dont forget Eddie Salas cycles at Rooty Hill, not far from Norwest and Eddie has been around a long time

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Will have to check it out. I am in Dural, so most of the shops are on the fringes.
My last two bikes have been non bike shop. The first I built myself from a donated frame, the other was online from the manufacturer in the USA.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

scotto

Postby scotto » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Kangazilla - trued my race wheel that castle hill rebuilt recently. Definitely will use kanga again

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 am

trek52 wrote:Guys dont forget Eddie Salas cycles at Rooty Hill, not far from Norwest and Eddie has been around a long time
They are very, very good. I've dealt with them before and would go back again.