Charge Cooker Hi ????

Wakatuki

Re: Charge Cooker Hi ????

Postby Wakatuki » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

Sorry not noticed a post had been made ;0
The Cooker so far has just had the brakes and rotors replaced. Made the difference. Money no object I would upgrade to a thicker fork, I get a bit of flex when braking, the 28's are a bit spindly at my weight. At the minute they Cookers are gathering dust, no rain so the roadies are out every weekend, I love MTB in the mud and rain, not so much tarmac... So in a wierd way I am looking forward to some rain. To the damn dam!

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Yep the standard forks are rubbish on the cooker. I would go as far to say on par with Suntour XCMs!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Lewis85

Postby Lewis85 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 pm

It's a local lbs in Qld that has the charge!
I have been searching for a supplier in South East Queensland for Charge bikes. Can someone let me know of someone who stocks them? Perhaps the OP if they are still following the thread. I'm based on the Gold Coast but would be willing to travel if need be.

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Online sellers
http://www.this link is broken" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.evanscycles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also Charge Bikes Shop

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Bike Riders Maroochydore can ORDER some of them for you but they are no longer displaying them.
http://www.bikeriders.com.au
That said the prices I have been offered are comparable and at least you have a physical supplier. I have spoken to them about the plug and the filter.
Any issues let me know I can have a chat with the owner.

Lewis85

Postby Lewis85 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. Looking at an older model on Wiggle at the moment. Have been impressed with everything that I have found online so far regarding Charge. A little surprised that they aren't more popular in Oz actually. If I end up getting a Cooker I'll let you guys know how I go. Hopefully it will stay in stock long enough for me to get some money together.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 am

imo they handle very well. I had a first generation specialized 29er and the cooker moves much better through the trails. Next mod is a set of decent forks only problem here is the minister of finance and the second hand market generally have short steerers. The steerer on my bike is super long and pretty much can only buy new uncut forks!

The lack of uptake here is probably attributed to the steel frame and relatively higher prices. When I bought mine I had to do a quadriple take to make sure steel is what I wanted. Then there was the issue of the retro looks - chrome bits and tan wall tyres. If these things sold at the wiggle prices I would not have bought it but at OP and my price, it was a steal!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Lewis85

Postby Lewis85 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Ended up spending a little bit extra and getting an Avanti Aggressor 29.2 from a LBS. Pretty stoked with what I ended up with for the price. Didn't want to worry about the hassle of getting something through customs. Maybe the Charge bikes will be around a bit more when I look at another bike in the future.