LogoTrikes is selling up

just4tehhalibut

LogoTrikes is selling up

Postby just4tehhalibut » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Martin of LogoTrikes fame in Spearwood, WA is retiring and already no longer making recumbents, as such he's selling up all his stock and tools, the welding equipment, lathe and eventually the welding jigs. The business isn't being sold but it'll never be resurrected. What does this mean? That there's recumbent bits for sale.

Aushiker has already posted photos of one recumbent for sale, there's two and pics and details of Martin's two bikes are on the WAHPV website. These are the Logo Lightning (looks vaguely like a P38 and Aushiker may have dibs on it, sorry) and the Logo Longfellow and if you look at the pics on the WAHPV page you'll spot that one pic doesn't have S&S couplings; he has the two complete bikes and a couple of extra frames of the same size ready for someone's kit project. Enquire. There's also frame and steering parts for trikes. He has posted some derailleurs and clusters on Ebay but has boxes of them as well as lots of 20" rear wheels going cheap. Buried away is a two-wheeled collapsible bike trailer, spare seat pans and seat back frames as like in the Longfellow pics. Seriously, if you have a recumbent project or want one go contact Martin. You've already missed out on the buying the Pederson replica and he threw his Moulton copy on the verge, it went in a blur. And he still has a fibreglass trike seat mold and a wooden workbench sitting on his verge going free.

I found this out when I came by to check out the Longfellow (but at 6' 2" I'm too long for this bike), I'll be going back for framebuilding parts, seat bits, chromed grenade pins and other bits to finish the two recumbent projects I've been sitting on for the past few years. Might be my last chance to get these parts easily. I forgot to see what forks he might have spare. Anybody looking for bits?

HappyHumber

Re: LogoTrikes is selling up

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Wish I'd known about the Dursely-Pedersen replica he's already sold a bit earlier....

but don't mind me.... I'll leave this thread open to the 'bent seagulls. ;)
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

petie

Postby petie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Bummer, I was thinking about buying a Logo, better stop thinking :( But everyone deserves to be able to retire I guess!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:40 pm

petie wrote:Bummer, I was thinking about buying a Logo, better stop thinking :( But everyone deserves to be able to retire I guess!
Second-hand units come up quite often. Might pick-up a good trike for a good price.

Andrew

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:31 am

It has been mentioned before about Martin selling that Longfellow bike on WAHPV.org 'For Sale', that is the complete bike but there was also two frames. One is currently being adjusted to suit a local and may be up and running next week (depending on the powdercoaters). The remaining frame is painted but still stored away. Unlike the bike on WAHPV it doesn't have the S&S couplings but I just spotted the frame yesterday and it has the rear stays bolted to the frame, a similar separating frame method as used on Martin's Logo trikes. Just waiting on someone ...
There's a pic of it on the Longfellow ad (when it was built up)
When the unpainted frame is built up I'll post a pic on BNA. I've also been buying up Davinci cable connectors, Bitex hubs, recumbent seats, various other parts for two of my own recumbent projects however these are going to take the year to get finished.

Since I'll be going back to Martin's in the next few days if anyone is looking for recumbent parts PM me and I can ask (and probably help find). There's boxes of BB shells, kingpins and other frame parts, those sideways bidon cages, hubs, small parts.