Moron Motorists #3

wellington_street

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby wellington_street » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Well that was rather unnecessary, geez. I would follow it up with TCC, worst that can happen is they do nothing but at least you might get the idiot driver given a warning.

pakula

Postby pakula » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Check this drop kick out.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.worrell1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:43 pm

pakula wrote:Check this drop kick out.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.worrell1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks the part too!

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:56 pm

dazzpete wrote:Anyway this happened a little earlier in the ride out at the end of Pallarenda.
I had to watch it twice to see the problem...
Take it up with Council, but I think you'd get more results from asking them why their driver targets are so high that they are starting to take risks that impact on the lives of the people they are supposed to be serving... this video is borderline, but I can see how one more second and a a car behind the garbo would create a different situation. The bike lane clearly doesn't allow for the presence of a garbo - the garbo needs some education on why blocking up your lane after a pass like that could cause danger.

We learn about dealing with this stuff with cars. It's not brain science to extend that courtesy to bikes as well.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 pm

The garbage truck seemed to be in an awful hurry to get past and then stop. Or maybe it's the camera angle that makes it seem like that.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm

jules21 wrote:what a numpty.
But the bin was really, really full, and couldn't hold on much longer.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:12 pm

IME garbo drivers are always in a hurry, and tend to drive like ratbags a lot too. If there isn't a set of skid marks near every bin location around here I'd be surprised. It certainly looks like the driver of that truck left a decent flat spot on his tyres after trying to stop after passing the rider.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:40 pm

bychosis wrote:IME garbo drivers are always in a hurry, and tend to drive like ratbags a lot too. If there isn't a set of skid marks near every bin location around here I'd be surprised. It certainly looks like the driver of that truck left a decent flat spot on his tyres after trying to stop after passing the rider.
We had one driver who left skid marks at EVERY house and some real gems on the down hill houses. They lined up perfectly with all the no longer upright empty bins that had been dropped onto the nature strip, if you were lucky, his particular style liked taking the bin too. He must have moved on, my bin has been upright for weeks.

And yes he looks a douche, reading his posts I wonder if he realises the downed cyclist could have been visiting his alzheimer suffering parents!

oh and he likes Dodge Nitro's!

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Interesting to see a post on 7 Oct saying "some people shouldn't have kids" - think he's just described himself.

herzog

Moron Motorists #3

Postby herzog » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:53 pm

wellington_street wrote:

Interesting to see a post on 7 Oct saying "some people shouldn't have kids" - think he's just described himself.
His parents more like it

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 pm

driver beeps me as i'm riding along out of door zone and around a pile of gravel somehow dumped in it, him trying to get past. i let him past, followed literally 2 seconds later by him rolling to a stop for the red light. i filter past in the LH lane (which feeds into bike lane) shaking my head, his passenger helpfully calls out "you were too far over!"

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:38 pm

From Friday. Drizzly morning and Whitehill Road never fails to disappoint in the Numpty stakes.

Even rode further out when I could see a truck approaching, after some encouragement from these forums.
Not happy is Mr Bommodore Ute that had to slow, OMGosh, actually slow so that he couldn't shave me on his way to something ultra important.
Instead I get an angry horn (which doesn't show on the vid as I had the covers on the camera)

So so sorry to disrupt your journey nobbie!

and another from today 8-12-13

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:35 am

BianchiCam wrote:From Friday. Drizzly morning and Whitehill Road never fails to disappoint in the Numpty stakes.

Even rode further out when I could see a truck approaching, after some encouragement from these forums.
Not happy is Mr Bommodore Ute that had to slow, OMGosh, actually slow so that he couldn't shave me on his way to something ultra important.
Instead I get an angry horn (which doesn't show on the vid as I had the covers on the camera)

So so sorry to disrupt your journey nobbie!
I take the honks as a compliment for making them engage their brains and think about the lack of space instead of close shaving me because their spacial awareness is woefully inadequate. :)

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Spatial.

But yeah, that's the approach to take. A horn honk doesn't hurt you so ignore.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:06 pm

I was very lucky not to end up as roadkill this morning, I was approaching a roundabout riding in the "bike lane" (like 99% of them in Noosa it isn't actually a legal bike lane, just green paint) and closing on a big Audi 4WD. As I had left a bit late I was giving it some beans and thought about going round the outside in "my lane" but thought better of it and what do you know, with no indicating whatsoever Audi man turns left right in front of me. Pat on the back for choosing to ride sensibly. But I just don't get what it is with people not indicating, I mean they put the little stick RIGHT THERE to make it easy for you!!
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Beats me man. Heading back along Appleby Road this evening I had a ute merge.... well force its way out of blissfulness into the right hand lane when the lanes merged into one lane without indicating cutting me off in the process. At the next set of lights where it forms 2 lanes I was now in the left hand lane approaching the red light only to have the same ute now swerve across the single solid line into the left lane at the last minute to get infront of the car that had stopped at the lights. They took off slowly... very slowly from the lights before merging back into the right hand lane again but this time cutting off another car by not indicating. Got to the roundabout at the top of the hill and she maintained speed through it without a single orange light blinking on entry or exit. Further along where the road merged into a single lane she drove along the center lines from the right hand lane for a good 35-40m before the actual merge point of the road. Finally approaching the lights onto Rode Road she couldn't really decide if she wanted to be in the left lane or the right lane. Seriously. How the hell do people still mange to get driving licenses when they really struggle to use indicators or staying in their lane?
Last edited by Lukeyboy on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:47 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Pat on the back for choosing to ride sensibly. But I just don't get what it is with people not indicating, I mean they put the little stick RIGHT THERE to make it easy for you!!
there are 1000s of little rules in life that are there to help people navigate life. the smart people - by smart i mean those who have attained a position in life where they own an Audi or similar luxury vehicle - know that many of these rules can be safely ignored by them. they really apply most importantly to the little people who need help with these things. you're riding a bicycle.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 pm

jules21 wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:Pat on the back for choosing to ride sensibly. But I just don't get what it is with people not indicating, I mean they put the little stick RIGHT THERE to make it easy for you!!
there are 1000s of little rules in life that are there to help people navigate life. the smart people - by smart i mean those who have attained a position in life where they own an Audi or similar luxury vehicle - know that many of these rules can be safely ignored by them. they really apply most importantly to the little people who need help with these things. you're riding a bicycle.
This Audi driver follows the rules when it comes to using the vehicles indicator in roundabouts.

arkle

Postby arkle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 am

This lady justifies her illegal behaviour by claiming that the cyclist is not wearing proper cycling clothing.

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 am

I had a Nelson Muntz "Ha-Ha" laugh this morning,

I'm taking the full lane as there is no shoulder whatsoever, (100 meters max)

Red P in commodore is revving his engine furiously, closely behind me to intimidate me, I can hear him laughing :shock:

I move over as soon as possible and he floors it, passing very closely :shock:

Anyway, a few hundred meters up the road this guy stops at a crossing, Plumes of black smoke are coming
from under his car from what appears to be an engine fire, I rode past and LOL'd :D

Karma at work.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:36 am

zozza wrote:Anyway, a few hundred meters up the road this guy stops at a crossing, Plumes of black smoke are coming
from under his car from what appears to be an engine fire, I rode past and LOL'd :D

Karma at work.
photos! you should have stopped and got your phone out! lol

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:45 am

jules21 wrote:
zozza wrote:Anyway, a few hundred meters up the road this guy stops at a crossing, Plumes of black smoke are coming

Karma at work.
Jules,
it didn't even cross my mind, lol

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:51 am

arkle wrote:This lady justifies her illegal behaviour by claiming that the cyclist is not wearing proper cycling clothing.

arkle
Don't like her behaivour at all, but I also don't like this cyclist's belligerent attitude. In two videos of his I have seen, he berates people with the highway code.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm

zozza wrote:
jules21 wrote:

Karma at work.
Jules,
it didn't even cross my mind, lol
:( Woulda been huge.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Channel 9 News is running a story about a cyclist punching a female motorist (the news beat up emphasised that she was a mother and was assaulted with her children and mother in the vehicle). I don't condone the cyclist's action but the 4WD did a U-turn in front of him on Beach Rd Melbourne (it happened on Friday). Cue mother suggesting she never endangered the cyclist by her reckless driving. :roll: We all know how the adrenaline is pumping when these near death incidents between a cyclist and motor vehicle occur.