Moron Motorists #3

Ross

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Repeat drink driver records 0.267 reading in Red Hill

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 2zau8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A repeat drink-driver allegedly caught at more than five times the legal limit has been bailed to appear in court next year.

Robert Senderowski, 45, briefly appeared before the ACT Magistrates Court on Friday on charges of drink-driving and driving while disqualified.

Magistrate Robert Cook adjourned the matter until January so Senderowski could seek legal advice.

If found guilty, it would be the sixth time Senderowski has been convicted for getting behind the wheel while under the influence.

Before the court appearance, police said in a statement that officers had been conducting mobile patrols in Red Hill about 11.30am on Thursday when they flagged down by a motorist who told them of a white car driving recklessly near the shops.

Police allegedly found Senderowski and administered a roadside breath test, which returned a positive screening.

They said they took him to Woden Police Station, where he returned a blood alcohol concentration reading of 0.267 - more than five times the legal limit.

But Senderowski had no licence, as it was disqualified as a result of a previous drink-drive conviction, meaning he was subject to blood alcohol concentration limit of 0.00.
Words fail me.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Hey cowled I feel your pain. It took me awhile and some anger management session with a psychologist. I went from fear and trepidation to hair trigger white hot temper when confronted by callous or abusive drivers using their vehicles to intimidate, and more than a few cars lost mirrors after their drivers were abusive when challenged.

Running cameras helped take the heat out of situations as they allowed me to take some comfort from the fact I can get the police to TIN them if my impression of their behaviors was accurate.

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk

arkle

Postby arkle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:33 pm

It's normal cowled, and it's good. I once pared my head open by running into a tree (my skull bone was exposed for six inches) and now I am hyper-sensitive to any objects in the area of space in front and above my forehead. I remain so aware of things close to my head that I haven't banged my head on anything since that time, ten years ago!

arkle

PS chamomile tea sounds like the way to go :)
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Not involving me, but I was just left shaking my head at the antics of the red 4X4.
Overtaking at least 2 cars over double lines because they went moving at a speed that he is accustomed to (It's an 80 zone)
This road leads onto the Peninsular freeway towards Portsea. Just 200m further on.
YOU HAVE A NICE BIG FREAKING FREEWAY TO OVERTAKE YA NONG!
Could see him screaming obscenities to the car at the front.
Even cars suffer from M.G.I.F's!

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Ross wrote:Repeat drink driver records 0.267 reading in Red Hill

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 2zau8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Words fail me.
he'll be an alcoholic

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Just filling in a hoon report now. I was passed by a line of 3 cars and noticed the last in the line, an 80s Falcon, was MAYBE 2 inches off the bumper of the car in front, and driving as aggressively as humanly possible without actually making contact. It continued with the bloke leaning on the horn until the guy in front turned into a train station carpark, the falcon driver then went up the end of that street to a sports field, did a burnout and then took off. I followed the bloke who had been in front of him and asked if he wanted the rego to report it but he said "nah I overtook him a bit further back so I can sort of understand it" huh? Definitely no excusing that behaviour, so i'll do the job.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:03 pm

jules21 wrote:
Ross wrote:Repeat drink driver records 0.267 reading in Red Hill

Words fail me.
he'll be an alcoholic
Good on the judge to adjourn... he clearly believed the guy was looking at prison time, and wouldn't realised that he wasn't really ready for that possibility. If he is addicted to booze, at least a solicitor might be able to ensure he gets into rehab on the way through prison :shock:

cowled

Postby cowled » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 am

il padrone wrote:Cycling was much easier than walking or running.
I'll second that. At least when I'm on the bike there is no limp. Also, the pain in the knee and hip is nowhere near as bad when I'm cycling. As for running, I think that is a long way in my future. No triathlons for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Image 2015 Goal: 2,500km

elantra

Postby elantra » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Follow up to incident on the Gold Coast a few days ago.
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/12 ... pe-island/

Found guilty and sentenced to Jail.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/new ... 6781680297

Le Mong

Postby Le Mong » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Slapping the van? I've wanted to do the same many times but the fact it is escalating the situation stops me. Yes it gives no valid reason for the driver to ground and pound but its a risk you take when doing so. Also being a former Fink had nothing to do with the charge given Führer Newmans current hardon for the 1% community?

/devils advocate.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Le Mong wrote:Also being a former Fink had nothing to do with the charge given Führer Newmans current hardon for the 1% community?
A fairly mild but not untypical media association fallacy :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Le Mong

Postby Le Mong » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Le Mong wrote:Also being a former Fink had nothing to do with the charge given Führer Newmans current hardon for the 1% community?
A fairly mild but not untypical media association fallacy :roll:
So you beleive that the current media climate up there didnt help the speedy conviction?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Not at all, but I feel that the mans affiliations prolly wouldn't have been mentioned if he were, say a member of the local all denominations choir or ...

Signed: The red light running lycra lout who is terrorising your children and mowing down dozens of pensioner pedestrians a month. :|
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

JAB1982

Postby JAB1982 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Had a run in this morning in Perth. Was turning right into High Rd exiting a bike lane and crossing over to the right turn lane. Checked my shoulder and saw a car about 4 or 5 car lengths up so signalled my intention. Next thing I know he races up on my left under pulls in front of me (lights were turning red). I flipped him off and yelled out. He slammed on his brakes and then proceeded to swerve into me as by this point I'm coming up close. I had to swerve to miss him. He boxed me out and started yelling at me that I shouldn't take up a lane (I was turning right so was legally in the right). When I took off at the lights from in front he then undertook me again and cut me off. I got his plate, but no video. Is it worth reporting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowled

Postby cowled » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 am

JAB1982 wrote: I got his plate, but no video. Is it worth reporting?
Simple answer is yes it is worth reporting. Write a letter to the Police. They must follow up on letters. Also, make a statement at the Police Station. They will probably tell you that it is your word against the driver's, but they should be able to warn the driver and educate him on the road rules. If the incident is on record, it could affect the driver if he ever gets into another incident with a cyclist in the future. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Image 2015 Goal: 2,500km

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:20 am

997 MMs in 3 hours but that's ok because their cars are registered and they don't wear lycra :evil:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6783145540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 am

JAB1982 wrote:Had a run in this morning in Perth. Was turning right into High Rd exiting a bike lane and crossing over to the right turn lane. Checked my shoulder and saw a car about 4 or 5 car lengths up so signalled my intention. Next thing I know he races up on my left under pulls in front of me (lights were turning red). I flipped him off and yelled out. He slammed on his brakes and then proceeded to swerve into me as by this point I'm coming up close. I had to swerve to miss him. He boxed me out and started yelling at me that I shouldn't take up a lane (I was turning right so was legally in the right). When I took off at the lights from in front he then undertook me again and cut me off. I got his plate, but no video. Is it worth reporting?

Deliberate acts of aggression are without exception completely unacceptable. You wouldn't wave a loaded gun in his face, why should he being waving a loaded gun in yours? :?: Your LIFE is at risk around these clowns. You owe it to society, your family, your friends, to ensure that steps are taken. Will they go to jail over it? Unlikely. But ensuring that scumbags have a file helps make certain that convictions are easier to get if something worse DOES happen. The next person this idiot harasses could be your kids in 5 years time. Would you feel like you could sweep that under the carpet? :shock:

Bullies need to be held to account. :idea:

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 am

Ross wrote:997 MMs in 3 hours but that's ok because their cars are registered and they don't wear lycra :evil:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6783145540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whilst I agree that if you are speeding you deserve it, I hope that the 60km/h speed reduction was actually necessary. I've seen too many road works zones that are unnecessary, resulting in drivers complacency around road works. That many speeding in such a short time leads me to think that possibly the limit may have been unnecessary.

Disclaimer: I do not know the site mentioned, but have done plenty of work on the roads under traffic control conditions.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

hannos

Postby hannos » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 am

Xplora wrote:
JAB1982 wrote:Had a run in this morning in Perth. Was turning right into High Rd exiting a bike lane and crossing over to the right turn lane. Checked my shoulder and saw a car about 4 or 5 car lengths up so signalled my intention. Next thing I know he races up on my left under pulls in front of me (lights were turning red). I flipped him off and yelled out. He slammed on his brakes and then proceeded to swerve into me as by this point I'm coming up close. I had to swerve to miss him. He boxed me out and started yelling at me that I shouldn't take up a lane (I was turning right so was legally in the right). When I took off at the lights from in front he then undertook me again and cut me off. I got his plate, but no video. Is it worth reporting?

Deliberate acts of aggression are without exception completely unacceptable. You wouldn't wave a loaded gun in his face, why should he being waving a loaded gun in yours? :?: Your LIFE is at risk around these clowns. You owe it to society, your family, your friends, to ensure that steps are taken. Will they go to jail over it? Unlikely. But ensuring that scumbags have a file helps make certain that convictions are easier to get if something worse DOES happen. The next person this idiot harasses could be your kids in 5 years time. Would you feel like you could sweep that under the carpet? :shock:

Bullies need to be held to account. :idea:

It's also road rage. It might help to mention that to the police as well as fearing for your life.
2010 BMC SLC01

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 am

The last month or so I have had a go pro mounted on the top of my helmet. In the afternoon heat, the weight of the camera can really be aggravating.

I also have a rear mounted camera, just under the saddle for over a year now but I still kept getting hassled by those pesky P platers, especially on my afternoon commute. Unless you look for it I think the majority of people wouldnt even know that it was there.

Since running with a helmet mounted camera I have had zero issues with drivers. I dont know if I have just been lucky but I am coming to the decision that having a highly visible camera is warding off idiots and as such I will persist with it being helmet mounted. I am posting this comment due to the fact that I am amazed at how I have been left alone since I have had a helmet mounted camera.

I am not dropping my guard however and am always waiting for that "mucho bravo" car driver to show off how tough and brave he is in a car.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am

so we just all need a sign similar to

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Apparently small red cars now morph into buses just be turning left! Such considerate driving on displaying.

Oh BTW bicycles and taxies are allowed in this bus lane.

Andrew

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 pm

More MMs; this time Canberra- http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 2zg6h.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An 18-year-old Chisholm will face court after driving at nearly double the speed limit near Curtin on Friday.

About 11.45pm officers were conducting laser speed checks on Adelaide Avenue when they recorded a car driving 158km/h in an 80km/h speed zone.

The 18-year-old male driver, who had two passengers in the car including a 15-year-old girl, will face the ACT Magistrates Court at a date to be set.

"ACT Policing also caught 17 people for drink-driving and five drivers returned positive indications for drugs in their system, obviously unconcerned that their behaviour could have serious consequences.”

Kraeg

Postby Kraeg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Behind a car today that would suddenly drift halfway into the oncoming lane (with traffic coming), then over-steer halfway onto the shoulder. A bit further along they'd then do the opposite. They did this a few times, and I was wondering if the driver had been drinking or was on the phone. We passed a cyclist on the shoulder but thankfully the driver didn't drift at that point (I'd seen the cyclist from further back and was concerned, but had no idea what I could do about it).
I'm wishing there'd been a dash-cam in the car, but I remember the rego plate (I used the three letters to make up a rude phrase for the driver, and the three digits formed a number that has relevancy for me at work, so it's stuck in my memory).

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:55 pm

This woman first of all, saw me, and stopped over the stop line, then suddenly changed her mind and gunned it. All to save a second or three. Thankfully I was alert and backed off to allow her to go.

Funny thing was she avoided eye contact with me, leaning to the right, staring to the right as she gunned. Reminded me of my children covering their eyes and thinking they couldn't be seen. This driver seems to think they same.

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.