Di2 firmware upgrades

Arlberg

Di2 firmware upgrades

Postby Arlberg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:37 pm

I would like to convert my 6770 Ultegra Di2 to multi-shift (where pressing the button skips through multiple gears by for as long as it is pressed rather than 1 press equals 1 gear change) and also adjust the speed of the shifting.

My understanding was that I can download the Shimano etube software online at no charge here .....

http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But then how do I then connect the bike to the computer? Do I have to purchase the connector cable?

Or if this is all turns out to be too complicated, is there any bicycle shops in Sydney that will do it? Has anyone done it already?

Duck!
Expert

Re: Di2 firmware upgrades

Postby Duck! » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 pm

You'll need the PC interface box to plug it into the computer, but you may have trouble getting one.... It's not something that Shimano (in Australia at least) like the public getting their hands on, although they can't stop the shops selling the things. 6770 has no direct USB connection, unlike 9070.

The downloadable/publically-accessible version of e-tube doesn't have full functionality, but I can't remember what its limitations are. In any case, just about all bike shops should have the kit to do it, and it's only a few minute job.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 am

What handlebar junction do you have? Do you have the USB charger?
If you have a SM-EW90 & SM-BCR2 then you can upgrade all firmware with these two.

grimbo

Postby grimbo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I think I read somewhere that the interface box and software was around $300. Unless you are fiddling with it a lot (or have lots of Di2 equipped bikes), it's probably cheaper to take it into a shop for the odd one-off upgrade.

I had mine upgraded at the shop for $50. Considering they just plug it in, do a firmware upgrade then set some configs, it seemed a bit pricey.

I had it set to unlimited shifting on fast. Works for me, and it's fab to use, so I guess it was worth it.

Grimbo
"If I can bicycle, I bicycle" ~David Attenborough

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Can we have this thread in one place please?
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

rjk

Postby rjk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 pm

i saw the interface on starbike as well as the 6870 ultegra 11 speed di2, i may just have to purchase a frame so i can get the groupset :)

posted on the other thread as well http://bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

tk38

Postby tk38 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Anyone know a good place in melbourne to do it?

Went to the LBS, and they said $50. They also said it takes 15mins. I'm not too keen on paying $200/hr labor for some clicking.