Reconciliation Road Prospect - opens 23 December

g-boaf

Reconciliation Road Prospect - opens 23 December

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 pm

A warning for all who use Reconciliation Road for their evening quiet training rides - I saw this sign tonight on my way back:

Reconciliation Road opens to general traffic on 23 December 2013. :(

michael_w

Re: Reconciliation Road Prospect - opens 23 December

Postby michael_w » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Is this out the back of the Wetherill Park-ish type area and crossed by a T-Way lane?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:52 pm

It is. On a positive note, the concrete barriers will be gone - so a Davis Rd to Grey Box Reserve KOM should now be simple. :twisted:

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:30 pm

g-boaf wrote:It is. On a positive note, the concrete barriers will be gone - so a Davis Rd to Grey Box Reserve KOM should now be simple. :twisted:
Last Xmas we took our kids down there when the roads were all closed to try out their (then) new skateboards. I also remember riding on the path that goes past there on the way to Prospect Reservoir

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:43 am

I tried it out this morning - the traffic wasn't too heavy but their are some large trucks that are now diverting through there. :( So the evening quiet training route is shot to pieces. :roll:

The concrete barrier in the picture above near the traffic light is gone, and the one up the other end of the hill (where the canal starts) is also gone - so that's nice. No more crawling along at 5km/h trying to avoid clipping the barriers. 8)

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:59 pm

That's a real pain,I was hoping it would stay closed for years. Once the word gets around and the development of all the quarry is completed it will be as busy ,if not more so, than the Cumberland highway and heaven help the families on bikes trying to cross it to get to the reservoir for a pleasant Sunday afternoon out.

Alas I fear it will take a fatality or two until a bridge is built across it.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Its designed to be the preferred route from wetherill park and smithfield industrial area to m4 and northern half of m7. So expect loads of trucks. Only positive is that it might reduce heavy trucks lumbering up The Horsley Drive hill to the M7.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Hergest wrote:That's a real pain,I was hoping it would stay closed for years. Once the word gets around and the development of all the quarry is completed it will be as busy ,if not more so, than the Cumberland highway and heaven help the families on bikes trying to cross it to get to the reservoir for a pleasant Sunday afternoon out.

Alas I fear it will take a fatality or two until a bridge is built across it.
The bridge I suspect will never be built, though it would be nice.

My efforts on Reconciliation Road are done. It was nice while it was a quiet no-through road, but it's becoming a bit of a rat run now. Even tonight it was fairly busy when I went through.