Moron Motorists #3

biker jk

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Tomca74 wrote:
g-boaf wrote:The dumb lady coming out of Prestons petrol station driveway beside McDonalds nearly cleaned up a rider ahead of me who was on the shared path.

She wasn't even watching.
I had that the other day (again). Aparrently the cyclist is supposed to stop/get out of the way/not be there whenever a car is driving anywhere. At least that's what the last 3 MM's have told me.
There's a "Give Way" sign for those on the shared path at the service station exit.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Give way when you are already in the middle of the driveway Biker Jk? Bike was there first.

A give way sign doesn't give a driver the excuse to not pay attention - nor go so quickly on the exit driveway that hard braking is needed. She was focusing on something else (looking downwards).

Very disappointed indeed that you are obviously excusing that behaviour.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Biker, is that both west AND east bound? I googlemaps'd it and only saw a westbound sign. Worth remembering - I'm only ever down there in the dark, and I would rather not have any differences of opinion if I can help it :lol:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 pm

g-boaf wrote:Give way when you are already in the middle of the driveway Biker Jk? Bike was there first.

A give way sign doesn't give a driver the excuse to not pay attention - nor go so quickly on the exit driveway that hard braking is needed. She was focusing on something else (looking downwards).

I didn't ascertain the circumstances from your brief post. Of course if the rider is crossing the driveway and a car motors through then that is the latter's fault. But I would be very, very careful crossing that petrol station exit. Don't assume the cars will stop/

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Xplora wrote:Biker, is that both west AND east bound? I googlemaps'd it and only saw a westbound sign. Worth remembering - I'm only ever down there in the dark, and I would rather not have any differences of opinion if I can help it :lol:
The "Give Way" sign is only west bound. One other point is that if you exit the petrol station on the western side (so leaving McDonalds) it's actually an entrance only.

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:19 pm

have crossed the entrance and exits at the Prestons macca's/servo more than a thousand times over the years.
Its a dodgy area, take it easy and be aware of your surroundings. :!:

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:52 pm

A day I don't take my camera :(
First one MGIF and then cut you off with 1m to spare turning left infront of me. Lucky I run a mirror so I saw the moron indicating and suspected a MGIF was driving so slowed down automatically
Second one MGIF about 15m from roundabout, 2nd time in 3 rides on that roundabout it has happened and I do like to control the roundabout as well. Just MGIF car is in a zone where I like to start to take control of entrance to roundabout.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:54 pm

g-boaf wrote:Give way when you are already in the middle of the driveway Biker Jk? Bike was there first.

Being there "first" doesn't give you the right to cross in front of the car, that rule applies in roundabouts, at a give way sign you are supposed to errr... give way!

Biffidus

Postby Biffidus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Ross wrote:Being there "first" doesn't give you the right to cross in front of the car, that rule applies in roundabouts, at a give way sign you are supposed to errr... give way!
He said the rider was already in the intersection when the car appeared.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 pm

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Was approaching a T intersection on Sunday when this absolute moron on my left cuts the corner and drives on the wrong side of the road missing me by inches. Would have hit me if I didn't veer into the gutter. I gave him a barrage of abuse and he stops the car so I approach and he gets out. The dialogue sorta goes like this:
"I didn't see you"
"you f'n idiot, you missed me by inches"
"I was distracted"
"you cut that corner and were on the wrong side of the road"
"well sorry"
"sorry ain't good enough how can you drive like that"
meanwhile his mail order bride was sitting in the car yakety yak yak!
A bit more cursing from me and we part company. :x

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:15 pm

17sjs wrote:
Wakatuki wrote:At first I thought this was a movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
Now I feel it's a glimpse into the future, if you don't want to watch the whole film its the first part that rings the warning signs the loudest.
http://www.videobash.com/video_show/idi ... tro-245281 Language warning...

Stay safe..
Knew what this would be before I clicked the link.
So did I :) Although its not a well known film:

From wikipedia (slightly censored)
Idiocracy's original release date was August 5, 2005, according to Mike Judge.[8] In April 2006, a release date was set for September 1, 2006. In August, numerous articles[9] revealed that release was to be put on hold indefinitely. Idiocracy was released as scheduled but only in seven cities (Los Angeles, Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Mike Judge's hometown, Austin, Texas),[5] and expanded to only 130 theaters,[10] not the usual wide release of 600 or more theaters.[11] According to the Austin American-Statesman, 20th Century Fox, the film's distributor, did nothing to promote the movie;[5] while posters were released to theatres, "no movie trailers, no ads, and only two stills,"[12] and no press kits were released.[13]
The film was not screened for critics.[14] Lack of concrete information from Fox led to speculation that the distributor may have actively tried to keep the film from being seen by a large audience, while fulfilling a contractual obligation for theatrical release ahead of a DVD release, according to Ryan Pearson of the AP.[10] That speculation was followed by open criticism of the studio's lack of support from Ain't It Cool News, TIME, and Esquire.[15][16][17] TIME's Joel Stein wrote "the film's ads and trailers tested atrociously", but, "still, abandoning Idiocracy seems particularly unjust, since Judge has made a lot of money for Fox."[16]
In The New York Times, Dan Mitchell argued that Fox might be shying away from the cautionary tale about low-intelligence dysgenics, because the company did not want to offend either its viewers or potential advertisers portrayed negatively in the film[18] noting that in the film, Starbucks delivers ****jobs, and the motto of Carl's Jr. has degenerated from "Don't Bother Me. I'm Eating." to "**** You! I'm Eating!"[19]

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:40 pm

For those that know Eleebana S bends are quite narrow in a couple of places. Thought I had claimed enough lane this morning to prevent a shave, but no. 4wd shaved me while another car was oncoming. There just wasn't enough room to do it safely, no camera today and if there was it would have even off to the constabulary for them to deal (ignore)
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Cowcorner

Postby Cowcorner » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 pm

You would have thought this time of year would be reasonably stress free on the roads - not much traffic, plenty of room. I thought so too - until this morning. Please excuse the language.

Nemo me impune lacessit

iPhone - Nature's enemy to the bicycle bell
Airzound - Nature's enemy to the iPhone

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Please excuse the language.

No need to apologise that truckie is a complete DH!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Cowcorner wrote:You would have thought this time of year would be reasonably stress free on the roads - not much traffic, plenty of room. I thought so too - until this morning. Please excuse the language.

That has to be the dumbest truck driver ever. :shock: Should never be allowed to drive again.

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:01 pm

This morning I had "Mum, with the kids" come at me, on the wrong side of the road, at speed, narrowly missing me as she hurtled into the car park at South Cronulla beach. She must have seen that elusive, empty, car parking space as she was driving Nth along Gerrale St. So she jumped on the gas and threw a corner cutting RH turn, into the separated car park area. (basically a wide U turn)

I gave her a bit of shout, after I regained control of my bike, but she just kept that, unyielding, forward gaze.

I thought about going back to explain the dangers of her actions, but I didn't want to frighten the kids
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Cowcorner wrote:You would have thought this time of year would be reasonably stress free on the roads - not much traffic, plenty of room. I thought so too - until this morning. Please excuse the language.

Report that one, please. If you'd been any less alert we'd have been reading about you in the paper. :(

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:43 pm

trailgumby wrote:

Report that one, please. If you'd been any less alert we'd have been reading about you in the paper. :(
+1

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Riding along a dual carriageway road this morning at around 8am with a small group of 6, just us on the road and MrSkyline who drives up beside us, half in our lane even though other lane was free, and then tries to impress/scare us by revving his car and blowing smoke all over us, showing us that whoever tuned it doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:54 pm

jasonc wrote:
trailgumby wrote:

+1
And another. What a Text0r :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Mulger bill wrote: And another. What a Text0r :roll:
+3. You've got a good set of lungs on you cowcorner :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Marto

Postby Marto » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 am

Yes, please report that one - it's not like his behaviour will improve otherwise.

johnny99

Postby johnny99 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 am

Well first one for the year on the way to work this morning. Had a MGIF turn across me and then stop to pick someone up. this followed on from the lady who didnt look coming into a roundabout on the way home last night.
Here are the videos of both. The first part is approaching the roundabout at the intersection of Benara Rd and West Swan Rd in Caversham. I could see that the driver hadnt even looked so I slowed down. It was very tempting to slap the back of the car as I got close to it but I would only have put myself in more danger. The second one was my first for the new year and again I was aware of the car approaching and seeing the indicators I adjusted my speed. As it turned out he turned the corner and stopped to pick up the pedestrian waiting on the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC75Pp4qGFk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by johnny99 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowcorner

Postby Cowcorner » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:50 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
Mulger bill wrote: And another. What a Text0r :roll:
+3. You've got a good set of lungs on you cowcorner :) .
Not sure if it was the lungs or the adrenalin surging through the system at the time - my money's on the latter. 8)

Just to update, I took the footage to South Melbourne police station. The senior constable was very receptive - also checking to see whether the truck failed to indicate and/or ran a red light at the end. No additional charges but they're still pursuing the chop. As the footage only shows the trailer number (not the prime mover) they have to go through the trailer owner so it might take a while, but they did state that the trailer owner is required by law to ID the driver. Looks positive thus far and they've promised to keep me posted. Here's hoping.
Nemo me impune lacessit

iPhone - Nature's enemy to the bicycle bell
Airzound - Nature's enemy to the iPhone