Accident on Old Cleveland Road at Camp Hill

briztoon

Accident on Old Cleveland Road at Camp Hill

Postby briztoon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Hey guys,

Has anyone got any news on an accident that occurred on Old Cleveland Road (inbound) at Camp Hill today, just past the shops where the old tram tracks are. A mate passed it some time around 1:30pm - 1:45pm and phoned me, just to check that it wasn't me. He said that the cyclist went in to a car windscreen, so I can only imagine how serious it may have been.

Cheers

The 2nd Womble

Re: Accident on Old Cleveland Road at Camp Hill

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Haven't heard a thing BT.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I wonder how many cycling accidents aren't reported. Seeing as the ambos were there, there must be a report somewhere about yesterdays accident. But I do not know where to search.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:28 pm

briztoon wrote:I wonder how many cycling accidents aren't reported. Seeing as the ambos were there, there must be a report somewhere about yesterdays accident. But I do not know where to search.
Quite alot (media/publicity wise that is). The same with any other crime, car accident, fire etc. It's really only the fatalities that get any news/media mention as its part of their road stats. If there are now witnesses around that's also another time police might seek the public's assistance but even then those details can be sketchy/limited.