2014 Ride to Cure Diabetes - 18th Jan

BigBadWOLF

2014 Ride to Cure Diabetes - 18th Jan

Postby BigBadWOLF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 am

Just a heads up for those around the Barossa Valley on the 18th of January to keep an eye our give us a cheer.

I have registered for the 2014 Ride to Cure Diabetes, an incredible event that makes a million dollar impact on type 1 diabetes research.

Type 1 Diabetes has been part of our lives for the last 6 years with my amazingly strong wife being diagnosed in 2006, I have seen her living with this on a daily basis having been through 2 pregnancies and now with 2 beautiful girls.

I hope to help raise awareness but mostly dollars to help assist in the research that will one day make her like along with the other 122,300 Aussies affected by Type 1 diabetes

Incentives to Donate apart from the obvious

At each milestone I will pledge the following

$1000 Bleach blonde my afro for the ride ( Check)

$2000 Shave legs for the ride

$3000 Wax legs for the ride (Ouch)

Goal of $3500 Wax Legs, Arms, Chest and Under Arms (Super Ouch)

For a single donation of $1500 I will shave the Afro
(Mrs does not like this idea but hey its for a good cause)

-----------

In the last 40 years JDRF have been behind every major advance in type 1 diabetes research. Research not only focuses on finding a cure for type 1 diabetes, but also looks at ways to combat the complications and the environmental factors that may cause or trigger this disease. What we do know is, that going on a diet or cutting down on sugar doesn’t stop type 1 diabetes.

A disease that usually arises in childhood and lasts a lifetime because it destroys the ability to produce insulin, which is vital for life. There is no cure - yet.

Your support of the Ride to Cure Diabetes will help JDRF make a million dollar impact on Australian medical research into type 1 diabetes.

This year, I have chosen to do the 160km course. Please support my commitment to improving the lives of those who live with type 1 diabetes and donate today.

Your donation will automatically generate a tax receipt.

Http://ride.jdrf.org.au/krishnamenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kris..
Trek 7.3 - Daily Commute (Wolli Creek - City)

goudgey

Re: 2014 Ride to Cure Diabetes - 18th Jan

Postby goudgey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Big Bad Wolf,
Good to see another BNA member doing the JDRF ride!
This will be my 4th year in what is an amazing event.
I'll be in one of the bright yellow VeloUnitas kits on the 80km ride. Will look out for your blonde/shaved bonce!
Have fun and ride safe!
Cheers,
Mark

hudnut

Re: 2014 Ride to Cure Diabetes - 18th Jan

Postby hudnut » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks guys...