Anyone purchased a road bike from Wiggle?

Coolabah

Re: Anyone purchased a road bike from Wiggle?

Postby Coolabah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:29 pm

fumbi wrote:Glad to report my bike arrived within 11 days of order (2 weekends in between); packaged well and best of all: No duty! Seems to have been cleared by customs no problem. Cool. Saved $900.
Excellent ! :D :D

Looks like a great bike but I haven't ridden one yet so I'd like to hear how you like it ! Did it all assemble OK ??
Have you taken it for a spin yet ??

I don't know about you but I thought I'd keep the plastic thingies that the forks fit into in case I ever need to package a bike for any reason ... just a suggestion...

**** also I should update- re: my previous rant - someone else took over my case now I am happy with Wiggle again as they sorted everything in a single stroke . Super frustration for a while but I must say they came good. :D

fumbi

Postby fumbi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Good point, I will keep the little bits of packaging as well. Could be useful one day. Thanks for the tip.

Bike is awesome. Focus Izalco Ergoride 3. Not a racing machine obviously but comfortable for riding casually to chill out. Great bike for women with long arms like me. Love the Sram, looks cool and thank goodness for the reach adjuster (no more fiddling with a wedge to move the shifters closer in). ;-)

Assembly was easy, just attached handlebar and front wheel. I am not technical (although happy to learn) so my local LBS did a gear adjustment for $20 and another one for free after a test ride. Because he doesn't stock Focus bikes, I told him straight up that I bought the bike online and overseas. He gets a lot of customers like that apparently and is probably aware what he is up against in terms of price competition.

avexdevil

Postby avexdevil » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:18 pm

hey all, new here as you can tell my post count. just bought a cinelli saetta sprint off wiggle for $1,605 including delivery. A quick look through this thread says complete bicycles do not incur the 5% customs duty, so just wanna confirm that i'm only liable to pay the 10% GST on my order value + customs processing fee of $48.85 = $209.42?

has anybody been slapped with additional clearing agent fees ordering complete bikes from wiggle?

Thanks!

insightt47

Postby insightt47 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:41 pm

Can somone please clear this up for me. Say if i buy a frame from overseas online valued at $880 Aus and the freight is $130. Do customs use the value of the freight + goods to work out if taxes and duties need to be paid, or do they just use the value of the goods, and if they equal $1000 or more then they charges taxes and duties on the total amount (freight +goods)?

Waccofozzy

Postby Waccofozzy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:40 pm

I have purchased other items overseas including artwork and the freight component was added to the total against which the duty payable was calculated.
I have OFS - Old, Fat and Slow

RonK

Anyone purchased a road bike from Wiggle?

Postby RonK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:53 pm

The threshold is when the value of the goods is >= $1000.

If it is then customs duty of 5% may apply, plus the cost of shipping and insurance will be added when the GST is caculated. On top of this a customs agent fee may apply.

Since the value of your goods is well below the threshold, no import charges will apply.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

insightt47

Postby insightt47 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 pm

RonK wrote:The threshold is when the value of the goods is >= $1000.

If it is then customs duty of 5% may apply, plus the cost of shipping and insurance will be added when the GST is caculated. On top of this a customs agent fee may apply.

Since the value of your goods is well below the threshold, no import charges will apply.
Thanks Ronk:) thats exactly what I wanted to know.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Deleted