eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

find_bruce

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby find_bruce » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:03 pm

QuangVuong wrote:
find_bruce wrote:Nice little Bundy with some keen early bidders http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331102886788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't that the same one from gumtree in the Blacktown area?
Don't think so - the gumtree one was a little smaller iirc.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

grantw

Postby grantw » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:15 pm

find_bruce wrote:Nice little Bundy with some keen early bidders http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331102886788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's quite nice indeed. Shame there's only the one photo

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 pm

rkelsen wrote:
Derny Driver wrote:They were another Faggin family.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who read that in the voice of the gangster from Johnny Dangerously.

I know, I know... I'll get back under my rock.
You're a bad bad man... :P
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

LugNut

Postby LugNut » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 am

What have we here...
Ricardo 'Olympic Road'

And a top of the line Nishiki Medalist in 25".

Ahh, good to be home.

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:08 am

I drew a work colleague's attention to this, but he's backed away due to possible SWMBO repercussions. Have bought parts from this guy. Sometimes the freight isn't too bad if you choose a slow option. And would someone mind telling me what the 'EMS' is as pertains to the fork.
Anyone have an idea on the longevity of the Ti>Al bonding process? Length of life... stuff like that?

Miyata
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

QuangVuong

eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby QuangVuong » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 pm

If its EMS in relation to forks, then it may be the Enhanced Modulus System that Kestrel had developed. Then again, it could be something else as its a Miyata and not a Kestrel.

Back a while ago I had posted up this and had now idea what it was.

Looks like another similar one has popped up with a full 7400 group and for a better price. It's got some info in regards to the brand, being made Newport Racing from the Northern Beaches area. Never knew there were an Aussie bunch who made carbon frames back then. Would grab it myself, but no money and no space for another.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caringba ... 1036121706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by QuangVuong on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

kallvatten

Postby kallvatten » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Ignoring the glaring lack of details (but neat serial number info) included by the seller, does this Nishiki Olympic 12 look promising to anyone?

sunho

Postby sunho » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 pm

funky mtb dodsun in SYD

not the cheapest superlite but the best colourway in MEL

hillman, definitely not a fixed wheel... in MEL

Superb Concorde in PER

and my favourite... wishing it was slightly bigger....
Gefsco Fluro Yellow in the GONG

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Concorde is in my size.
looks to have had a respray (straight over the braze on Italian flag, but that could easily be fixed).
Trying to work out what model it is.
Looks to have the V shaped brake bridge of the higher end models, but does not have the internal cable routing of the Squadra or Prelude models (perhaps it is just older?):

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Love the elevated chainstay on the dodsun, if only it came in the 80's fluro of the superlite
Anything you can do, I can do slower

LugNut

Postby LugNut » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:31 pm

frailer5 wrote:I drew a work colleague's attention to this, but he's backed away due to possible SWMBO repercussions. Have bought parts from this guy. Sometimes the freight isn't too bad if you choose a slow option. And would someone mind telling me what the 'EMS' is as pertains to the fork.
Anyone have an idea on the longevity of the Ti>Al bonding process? Length of life... stuff like that?

Miyata
That's very nice. I expect it would be pretty noodley, but it's pretty.

Not retro, but someone might like to snap it up - 10 speed Campy Centaur RD for twenty bucks.

And a set of 8 speed Ambrosio Nemesis/Shimano 600 tubular wheel set in good nick, shouldn't go for much.
Ambrosio

I got very excited about these, then I re-read the title.
Don't get too excited.

kallvatten

Postby kallvatten » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 pm

sumgy wrote:Concorde is in my size.
looks to have had a respray (straight over the braze on Italian flag, but that could easily be fixed).
Trying to work out what model it is.
Looks to have the V shaped brake bridge of the higher end models, but does not have the internal cable routing of the Squadra or Prelude models (perhaps it is just older?):

I can see two little 'knubs', one on either end of the top tube that resemble internal routing channels.. ;) I can't help you on the specific model, but I'm almost certain those are the openings for internal cable routing.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Sorry, I was talking about the Concorde that sunho linked vs the one I pictured (which is my own) and I believe is a Prelude but has no model name on it.
It is PRX tubing and the only model I have found with that tubing is the Prelude.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 pm

frailer5 wrote:.... And would someone mind telling me what the 'EMS' is as pertains to the fork.
Miyata
The gruppo in that style Campy looks a bit old for the frame, no? Not that I'd knock it back if someone happened to buy it for me, but I think it's a smidge more suited to my build than that frame ;)Mmm
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Kermit TF

Postby Kermit TF » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 pm

frailer5 wrote:I drew a work colleague's attention to this, but he's backed away due to possible SWMBO repercussions. Have bought parts from this guy. Sometimes the freight isn't too bad if you choose a slow option. And would someone mind telling me what the 'EMS' is as pertains to the fork.

Miyata
I picked up a bonded tube miyata frame over xmas, very nice indeed. Cable passes thru the top tube which is a slight oval , its a neat quirky frame....I will try to post a pic soon
When in doubt......mumble.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm

sunho wrote:
Are you sure that's a real Gefsco?

sunho

Postby sunho » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
sunho wrote:
Someone has already bought it. Only the buyer can prove it for us. Honestly wouldn't be worth restoring a clunker.

Sent from my Nexus 4

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 am

sunho wrote:
Derny Driver wrote:
sunho wrote:
Someone has already bought it. Only the buyer can prove it for us. Honestly wouldn't be worth restoring a clunker.

Sent from my Nexus 4
It would certainly would be strange to spend all that time and effort painting it in an 80's colour scheme and the correct transfer set if it was not.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:18 am

singlespeedscott wrote:It would certainly would be strange to spend all that time and effort painting it in an 80's colour scheme and the correct transfer set if it was not.
Agreed, but the frame looks more like something mass produced than one that was handbuilt. In fact, it looks to me like it has all the features of something lifted straight from the Tange catalogue. Have a look at a Shogun from that period and you'll notice many, many similarities.

Eg: Wouldn't Geoff Scott have used a better brake bridge? That one's just a straight piece of tube.

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Kermit TF wrote:

Miyata
I picked up a bonded tube miyata frame over xmas, very nice indeed. Cable passes thru the top tube which is a slight oval , its a neat quirky frame....I will try to post a pic soon
Would like to see a pic. The one in USA looks very nice.
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 pm

My GEFSCO uses Tange frame parts and Champion tubing. It is most definitely a Geoff Scott with a Panto seat stays, Ace of spades cut into the thinned lugs and a Ace of Spades cut out in the bottom bracket.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Can't see any pantographing or cutouts on the one in that ad...

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Not all are like that. My point is that Geoff did use Tange tubing and frame parts. Infinity is a budget tube set and budget means no fancy lug work or Pantographing.

Kermit TF

Postby Kermit TF » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:31 pm

frailer5 wrote:
Kermit TF wrote:

Miyata
Would like to see a pic. The one in USA looks very nice.
Pics....yes, 0.47seconds after the pic was taken, the cat bumped it...I still make a good 2nd slip fielder 8)
When in doubt......mumble.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:40 pm

rkelsen wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:It would certainly would be strange to spend all that time and effort painting it in an 80's colour scheme and the correct transfer set if it was not.
Agreed, but the frame looks more like something mass produced than one that was handbuilt. In fact, it looks to me like it has all the features of something lifted straight from the Tange catalogue. Have a look at a Shogun from that period and you'll notice many, many similarities.

Eg: Wouldn't Geoff Scott have used a better brake bridge? That one's just a straight piece of tube.
I am more than a little out of my depth posting anywhere in this section but, looking at the seatpost clamp...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011