Weight loss has stalled

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
singlespeedscott

Re: Weight loss has stalled

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Stefan_A wrote:
Wakatuki wrote:durianrider: Just messing with ya...Seriously good riding last month....Well done.
he rode good, but Matthew Carnal rode better. a pity DR doesn't think so.

as for Freelee pics....hmmm....over 30 and overexposed. time for a new vegan hottie. I vote for this one:

now that's a 6 pack.
Now there's Eeew. That girl needs more cake.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:24 am

singlespeedscott wrote:Now there's Eeew. That girl needs more cake.
+1, I thought that one went beyond what is good in the eyes of many :D

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:28 am

looks older than 30 would have more impressed if she were 50....

Back to the thread,
My weight is going down again and now I am at my slimmest in 20yrs = 94.5kg, boy does it slow down when you get closer to ideal,only 5kg to go. The more training and cardio I do the harder it gets to lose. My BF is going down and my water up despite the slow change. The body and mirror is telling me the changes are happening despite the scales.
.....To the pub! :twisted:

matagi

Postby matagi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:33 am

It could be the camera angle, but the "bobble head" look is an indication she's too thin. It's a soft sign but if your head looks like it's too big for your body, you've gone too far.

Wakatuki, body fat % is more important than the number on the scales so try not to get too hung up about your weight particularly if your body fat %, body shape and the fit of your clothes tells you things are going in the right direction.

Stefan_A

Postby Stefan_A » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm

She's apparently 31, but hey I'm no cot snatcher, and she's better toned than Feelee who has been looking flabby recently.
The big head thing is no doubt due to the hair stylist, who's added body to the hair.
Other photos show this lady is very well proportioned, not overly thin at all. This shot just has her leaning back and accentuating the muscle tone around her low fat waist...which is sign of excellent fitness and health in my eyes.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:05 pm

She looks borderline anorexic to me. I'm sure her body fat is way below acceptable limits for a healthy woman.

matagi

Postby matagi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:27 pm

It all becomes clear if you follow the link in the copyright (top left corner). It takes you to a site devoted to female body building.

Stefan_A

Postby Stefan_A » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:57 pm

here's the link to the site the pic comes from
http://www.loving-it-raw.com/erin-moubr ... vXFWvtCidc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I originally searched for vegan bikini model :)
Incidentally, I think she says she's only been vegan for a short period (less than a year?)

Personally I only know one person who has been strict vegan for more than 10 years. She's 53 and been one since 22. She's strong and has good lean tissue preservation, lowish body fat, though noticeable visceral fat bulge at the stomach...but her low back is absolutely cactus, and she doesn't look any younger than any woman on a non vegan diet. I'd also say she became one for the animal welfare and ethics side of things, not the health benefits... In saying that, she has no issues treating humans very poorly!

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Dear God I have no desire to look like that! I like having breasts. As does my husband. Me that is, not him.

Stefan_A

Postby Stefan_A » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm

as a female athlete I used to know often said about dieting, "if you lose the butt, you lose the !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!"

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 pm

...and then you buy new ones.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 pm

durianrider wrote:Fruit is fattening?
just mentions it out of nowhere. its always about his mother with this guy.
rofl troll probably has templates of this stuff saved in notepad that he copies and pastes to forums

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 am

toolonglegs wrote:...and then you buy new ones.
Yes, I've seen a couple of them at my gym... And boy they love to show them off.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 pm

defy1 wrote:
durianrider wrote:Fruit is fattening?
just mentions it out of nowhere. its always about his mother with this guy.
rofl troll probably has templates of this stuff saved in notepad that he copies and pastes to forums
He could have saved a good one for us. That last one was weak! :x
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Wakatuki wrote:looks older than 30 would have more impressed if she were 50....

Back to the thread,
My weight is going down again and now I am at my slimmest in 20yrs = 94.5kg, boy does it slow down when you get closer to ideal,only 5kg to go. The more training and cardio I do the harder it gets to lose. My BF is going down and my water up despite the slow change. The body and mirror is telling me the changes are happening despite the scales.
.....To the pub! :twisted:
You are going well. Persistence, persistence, persistence. The last 5kg are a killer!
<removed by request>

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Wakatuki wrote:Monday 28th October..............
97.8kg from 99.1 on Sunday 20th.
25.8% BF from 26.4
54.1% Water (was 53.3 I think?)
8.4 Bone Densisty same
Resting HR 49 down from 54
Feb 10th 2014
94.5kg
24.3% BF
55.3% Water
8.3% Bone density
HR about the same. 49-56..

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Wakatuki wrote:
Wakatuki wrote:Monday 28th October..............
97.8kg from 99.1 on Sunday 20th.
25.8% BF from 26.4
54.1% Water (was 53.3 I think?)
8.4 Bone Densisty same
Resting HR 49 down from 54
Feb 10th 2014
94.5kg
24.3% BF
55.3% Water
8.3% Bone density
HR about the same. 49-56..
This looks good to me. Slow and steady wins the race. No point dropping 10kg in a month and then putting back on 20kg over the next year.
<removed by request>

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

19/02/14 .......94kg.
Lost another .5kg. Wahooo.
Everything else is the about the same...

Not really a weight loss question, but advice would be nice. I know that fat does NOT turn into muscle despite the number of people who still believe that. :roll:
I think I am also correct that you cannot target body fat storage areas. So how do I fix my spare tyre and man !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!? Despite the weight loss they have remained proportionate with the shrinkage but are still there. Pam says I need to target the area to get it to firm up; it is firm, just covered in layer of loose fat!
I can plank for 2 mins, not heroic I know, but I am happy with it, sit-up 1,2,3-50,51 zzzz 90,91 bored now! Press ups 3x10, pull ups 2 or 3 then 3x10 assisted. My cycling, running and swimming is all I do for my legs.
Your input is welcomed.

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:43 am

My weight seems to have stalled at ~82kg.

But I'm increasingly having even more trouble than usual getting pants to fit.

Waist is getting even smaller, thighs and bum are getting even bigger. I have an extraordinary hour-glass figure going on. Particularly extraordinary for a bloke :mrgreen: :oops:

That being the case... it seems I'm losing fat and putting on muscle, so it's hard to be unhappy about that. Not that I really need much more muscle in the quad and glute department - I've always been fairly well endowed there - but if that's the shape my body wants to be, I can find ways to use it.

I was hoping to get down to 79.99 kg this summer (from ~87 kg last year and ~ 95 a couple of years ago), but that's not looking likely at this rate, unless I go on a water-loss sauna program like a jockey or boxer prior to a weigh-in. But that's not the point.

There's still plenty of fat I could lose, but I guess even <30 kg anorexics say that.

Suffice to say, I'm in better shape now than I've ever been in living memory :-D

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:24 pm

barefoot wrote:I have an extraordinary hour-glass figure going on. Particularly extraordinary for a bloke :mrgreen: :oops:
:lol:
Well done on the loss...

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone
I was stuck around the 80 kg mark for a long time also. I tried doubling my riding distances but I just felt more hungry when I had reached home and it felt like the body just needed to top up to compensate. The only thing that worked for me was eating less hi calorie food and spreading my meals out across the day with smaller portions rather than eating all in one go as I had done for years. Its quite hard to do when you have other people in the room eating awesome things( well junk food really ) that are high in fat and calories but I found just to have a light snack and hold myself back.

Walking out of the room so I didn't smell the food and become really hungry was an option also at times. Finding foods that are tasty becomes a problem, I used to like a big stake with heaps of fat on it and a salad with tasty dressing but this is a thing of the past for me. These are the small changes I made to reduce the calorie intake, hopefully I can hold the weight off and be consistent.

Good Luck with it everyone :)

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 pm

You don't eat the fat on steak? I'm sorry, thats hard to deal with.

rjk

Postby rjk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 pm

i am losing as well, i have noticed when my weight loss slows, my body shape is changing (losing size)

Once i have lost the size i lose weight again, it seems to run in 2 week cycles.

Just keep at it, you will get down to where you want to be, slow and steady is much better than quick
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 am

Wakatuki wrote:
barefoot wrote:I have an extraordinary hour-glass figure going on. Particularly extraordinary for a bloke :mrgreen: :oops:
I didn't mention the funniest part.

I needed new jeans. I gave up trying to fit into mens' jeans [1] and crossed over to the other side, where big hips and thighs and small waists should be more common.

Turns out I need to go for Just Jeans' "Curve Embracer" range to fit my bootay :oops:

On the upside, I'm only a size 12 :lol:

tim

[1] Rare to find a pair of jeans <38" that can fit over my thighs and bum. Waist measures <32" with a tape. 6" is a lot of spare waistband to cinch in with a belt...

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 am

barefoot wrote:
Wakatuki wrote:
I needed new jeans. I gave up trying to fit into mens' jeans [1] and crossed over to the other side.