Sydney weather this morning!!!

g-boaf

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Glorious today. :D Had fun despite the remnants of a bad head cold still hanging around. Didn't feel like I was firing properly on all cylinders. :roll:

Man were there some exotic bikes out and about today, Pinarello Dogma, A Rabobank Giant TCR. Very nice. 8)

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

What a glorious day for a ride, short sleeves & short legs, just doesn't get any better
Image . . . . . Image

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Nice ride in this morning, but a bit muddy in the tunnel after the downpour last night!

'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

I came flying down in to the M2 tunnel yesterday, then very very slowly to avoid flicking everywhere. Now, have to completely clean the wheels - yuck!

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 am

nomadicsoul wrote:I came flying down in to the M2 tunnel yesterday, then very very slowly to avoid flicking everywhere. Now, have to completely clean the wheels - yuck!

queequeg wrote:Nice ride in this morning, but a bit muddy in the tunnel after the downpour last night!

Is the M2 bike lane Open now? Thanks
Image Image

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 am

nomadicsoul wrote:I came flying down in to the M2 tunnel yesterday, then very very slowly to avoid flicking everywhere. Now, have to completely clean the wheels - yuck!

When I went through on Tuesday night (photo is from last night) the water was still about 3cm deep on the path, so my wheels didn't get dirty.
Last night they got a nice thick covering of mud, but a quick diversion through some puddles of water fixed that. Bike stayed pretty clean because the mudguards did their job :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 am

rheicel wrote:

queequeg wrote:Nice ride in this morning, but a bit muddy in the tunnel after the downpour last night!

Is the M2 bike lane Open now? Thanks

Not yet.....soon I hope!

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 am

queequeg wrote:Not yet.....soon I hope!

Thanks. Looking forward to the reopening. M7 will be handy from my place if that happens.
Image Image

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:08 pm

queequeg wrote:

When I went through on Tuesday night (photo is from last night) the water was still about 3cm deep on the path, so my wheels didn't get dirty.
Last night they got a nice thick covering of mud, but a quick diversion through some puddles of water fixed that. Bike stayed pretty clean because the mudguards did their job :-)

so it was you two laying tracks through the mud....

I went through after Tuesday's rain squall - as you say, clean wheels.

Last night and this morning, however -- piles of mud caked onto the downtube and seattube.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:40 pm

It's not looking so nice at the moment, very windy in the CBD and starting to rain as well. :roll:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Wow - not bad earlier in the morning, but windy now! :shock: That was a tough headwind on my return journey this morning. :)

bollo

Postby bollo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am

beautiful day i thought for riding heading out and i am thinking wow i am smashing this then turned around & dam the head wind near killed me
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:13 pm

bollo wrote:beautiful day i thought for riding heading out and i am thinking wow i am smashing this then turned around & dam the head wind near killed me

Me as well. Oh man... argh... Hurt... Damn... Argh.. Help!! :shock: Now I'll go away and fall down in a heap. :lol:

bollo

Postby bollo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:18 pm

g-boaf thats how i feel mate got home hot shower & a lay down lol , 2 hours later still feeling it in the quads

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm guessing you might have been on the M7. ;) Even the flat sections on the way back were nasty. I was struggling to get 26.5km/h in some areas and then the wind picked up even more and boom, 21km/h just like that. :shock:

The thing is on the way down there wasn't exactly much of a tailwind either that I noticed either. I did get some great PRs on the way down though. :)

My quads aren't hurting too much, I gave them a good massage - but they feel a bit tired.

bollo

Postby bollo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm

nah mate i rode the M4 from St Clair to Parra & back the way there was good but the 23k back was not , i now had a couple of Johny Walkers & the legs feel ok lol

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Coldest it's been in a while this morning - a nice reminder that winter is still with us.. My fingers were freezing for the first 30 mins or so. Nice to ride on dry roads in beautiful sunny conditions, though.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:17 am

Freezing again this morning. And I'm sitting inside the oldest and coldest dump of a city rail train.. :x

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 am

I must be better insulated as I thought it was a great morning - short pants, & sleeves, just a pair of gloves to tip my hat at winter.
Image . . . . . Image

JohnJoyner

Postby JohnJoyner » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:43 pm

find_bruce wrote:I must be better insulated as I thought it was a great morning - short pants, & sleeves, just a pair of gloves to tip my hat at winter.

You're a hard man Find Bruce... I left at 6.30am this morning in arm warmers, knee warmers, skull cap, thermal socks & long fingered gloves & was bloody freezing...
Only the skull cap got removed.
Still, a gorgeous morning & loving the sunshine.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Cold and windy on my ride this morning. Garmin recorded a minimum of 5 deg. Definitely the coldest day I've cycled this year.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:40 pm

JohnJoyner wrote:
find_bruce wrote:I must be better insulated as I thought it was a great morning - short pants, & sleeves, just a pair of gloves to tip my hat at winter.

You're a hard man Find Bruce... I left at 6.30am this morning in arm warmers, knee warmers, skull cap, thermal socks & long fingered gloves & was bloody freezing...
Only the skull cap got removed.
Still, a gorgeous morning & loving the sunshine.

I am about as hard as a junket sandwich & suspect the real answer is that leaving home about an hour later was just enough time to take the chill off the air
Image . . . . . Image

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I've finally found the right amount of layers - thick woolen socks and shoe toe covers, and good winter gloves. One woolen base-layer on the legs, jersey and jacket on top. Perfect for 06:00 rollout commutes in the morning at the moment.

Perfect weather when it's dry :)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:37 am

Windy this morning on the M7!! The whole time I'm thinking 'look at it this way, the ride back going to be fantastic'. The amount of times I looked down to see if my tyre was going flat....

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:53 pm

It was great weather for riding this morning. Where was everyone else - all afraid of a bit of water? :lol:

Return to “New South Wales”