Wynyard....is there a ride?

master6

Wynyard....is there a ride?

Postby master6 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Is there a group ride for old people in Wynyard?

nailsaslegs

Re: Wynyard....is there a ride?

Postby nailsaslegs » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm

I only know of the local cycling clubs you would be better to ask the Northern Vets if they have a regular ride...but in Wynyard I think you maybe unlucky.

master6

Postby master6 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 pm

nailsaslegs wrote:I only know of the local cycling clubs you would be better to ask the Northern Vets if they have a regular ride...but in Wynyard I think you maybe unlucky.
I am rarely unlucky Rob, but often fall foul of my own insufficient planning . I have left my enquiry a bit late, due to arriving unexpectedly in Wynyard today. It's a long story about a caravan park that does not like dogs, and our subsequent discovery of a park here in Wynyard that loves dogs, has manicured grass, excellent amenities, perfect bituminised drives, and is located RIGHT on the beach. Result is that our little bit of "hard earned" will now go into the coffers of local businesses in Wynyard, instead of Stanley. lol.

Should anyone be interested, there will be a Wynyard Bakery Sunday ride at around 8 tomorrow morning. I dont talk much while riding, however , the current indications are that there might be NO chat on tomorrows ride.

Ah, what fun it is. :)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 am

Even if there's only one rider there's always some chat, or at least there is when i'm riding solo :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

nailsaslegs

Postby nailsaslegs » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:06 pm

I hope your back in HBA for Erics Memorial TT and come out with any of the various groups to watch and enjoy the morning.

master6

Postby master6 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:15 pm

The answer to the subject question is:-

Yes
It started 1 hour late
There was no bakery involved
There was only one rider

Very nice scenery,and good hills :D

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Wynyard is a great place, I used to live right on the beach there and would mtb up around the foresty areas or up around table cape sometimes...but that was 20 years ago.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex