Tour Down Under Survey

Jayden

Tour Down Under Survey

Postby Jayden » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Hello,

I'm currently a year 12 student from Adelaide doing an investigative report on the Tour Down Under (TDU) from a tourism perspective. As you may be aware, several of the top international cycling teams have decided not to renew their ProTour licenses and therefore will not be competing in the 2009 TDU. This is believed to have an adverse effect on the event, particularly with regard to visitor numbers.

That being said, I would very much like for you to complete a short survey, only 6 questions, all of which regarding the TDU. This will allow for me to gain an understanding and provide evidence on specific details, all of which to be covered in my report.

The survey does not require any personal/private data
Results will only be used for educational and academic purposes
All questions require for you to click the appropriate box

Also, if you have any comments or opinions regarding the TDU could you please post them.

Unfortunately, due to the anti-spam features of this forum (I am unable to post links) could you please PM me if you're interested in participating in the survey so I may them send you a link to the survey (the survey is electronic)

Regards,
Jayden

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:48 pm

Hi

The survey can be found at http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB2286GBRP33H

Andrew

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:44 am

Hi Jayden, Thank you for posting -

This online survey takes about 30 seconds to complete so simply click and help out Jayden.

Cheers
Christopher

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 am

Done, and it doesn't even take all of 30 seconds. You must be a slow reader Chris! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

zoom bean

Re: Tour Down Under Survey

Postby zoom bean » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Jayden wrote:As you may be aware, several of the top international cycling teams have decided not to renew their ProTour licenses and therefore will not be competing in the 2009 TDU. This is believed to have an adverse effect on the event, particularly with regard to visitor numbers.
I think it may have a small effect on the visitor numbers with the hard core fans. Not being able to see your favourite rider(s) would keep the odd person away but it wouldn't stop me from attending. I still think it will pull enough of the pros to make it an interesting & enjoyable event. It may make for some interesting results and give some riders some success they otherwise wouldn't get. Looking forward to it.

Good luck on the report, I completed the survery a few days back.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm

The Pro Tour probably isnt dead considering the latest press releases from the UCI. My guess is that all of the 18 teams that came last year will be there next year. This event will only keep getting bigger.