Trouble with the Police on the M2

TTar

Re: Trouble with the Police on the M2

Postby TTar » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:29 pm

mitchy_ wrote: how old are you, 7? since when did calling someone a name because they called you one make everything ok?

cyclists are making a big noise about being treated equally on the road, and then the likes of the OP want to go and plainly do their own thing because they "know better" if you wanted to protect yourself better you'd use a different, less busy route.
rules are rules, follow them or dont use the road... i dont blame the cop for calling the OP a muppet for going against the flow of traffic.

So it's OK for you to mock me in your opening sentence and for the cop to childishly call MVZOOM a muppet, but wrong for him to stand up to the insult and me to commend him for it?

MVZOOM salmoning is the secondary subject of this thread, it's primarily about the behaviour of the cop. For some reason you and a number of other posters here are all too keen to excuse the cop's actions on the strength of your objections to MVZOOM's salmon run. What, are you all frustrated prefects?

Put your punitive instincts aside for a moment, mitchy, and address the issue.

As for 'not using the road if you don't follow the rules' -- show me any cyclist, motorist or pedestrian (or cop, for that matter) who claims they always follow the rules and I'll show you a liar.
Sent from my fortified compound

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Come on folks, play nice.

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny thread this one.
MVZOOM - you drive a Mazda I guess?? Hope you drive on the correct side of the road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MVZOOM

Postby MVZOOM » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:11 pm

leximack wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny thread this one.
MVZOOM - you drive a Mazda I guess?? Hope you drive on the correct side of the road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great call Leximack. I had an MX5 years ago, a WRX in the middle and now have a 3MPS. Good cars, Mazda. Funnily enough, have not had a speeding / red light or any other ticket at all for around 16 years. Because I'm careful on the road. :lol:

Cheers - Mike

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I used to have a mazda 3 sp23 years ago, currently have a mazda 6 wagon, great car and plenty of room inside and out to carry my bikes and kayak -:)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm

leximack wrote:I used to have a mazda 3 sp23 years ago, currently have a mazda 6 wagon
Awesome cars....

:P
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Chuck wrote:
leximack wrote:I used to have a mazda 3 sp23 years ago, currently have a mazda 6 wagon
Awesome cars....

:P
well I did say I "HAD" a Mazda 3, it was a write off after that :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trek52

Postby trek52 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:43 pm

This is a gee up right ???

You really want us to believe you were riding the wrong way on a very busy freeway and took offence to a police saying you are an idiot ?? or did I read it wrong ??

If it is true Can you please take your bike back to where you bought it from and never ride again........we have enough problems in this world without having clowns like you making it worse for us.

MVZOOM

Postby MVZOOM » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 pm

trek52 wrote:This is a gee up right ???

You really want us to believe you were riding the wrong way on a very busy freeway and took offence to a police saying you are an idiot ?? or did I read it wrong ??

If it is true Can you please take your bike back to where you bought it from and never ride again........we have enough problems in this world without having clowns like you making it worse for us.
Yep, you read wrong. He called me a "muppet".

Cheers - Mike

trek52

Postby trek52 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:17 am

you are way more than a muppet, pity I cant post what I really think on this forum

MVZOOM

Postby MVZOOM » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:57 am

trek52 wrote:you are way more than a muppet, pity I cant post what I really think on this forum
You seem angry and slightly aggressive. Is everything ok?

Cheers - Mike

trek52

Postby trek52 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah all good, just struggling to understand why people are so stupid

MVZOOM

Postby MVZOOM » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:05 am

Maybe take the time to read the thread. I've approached this with a healthy degree of contrition, I accept that I didn't think through the danger to other cyclists and won't be doing it again.

Cheers - Mike

scotto

Postby scotto » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:34 pm

MVZOOM wrote: Problem (in his eyes) was that I was going against the traffic. He couldn’t grasp the fact that if you ride against the traffic on a dedicated, 3m wide bike path, it gives you a whole lot more time to avoid a car when you can see them coming at you. Rather than the alternative of it just hitting you from behind and having no chance at all to do anything about it.
- Mike

...mike , ill be blunt. youre a !##&^$%$ idiot.
I mean seriously....its a bike path, breakdown lane etc. what about oncoming bikes ?
youre lucky the police caught you - i'd have been less polite....

/rant

rogan

Postby rogan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 pm

There's a new sign corner of M2 and PH Rd. It says something like "Eastbound cyclists are prohibited from using the westbound thoroughfare". Is that relatively new?

MVZOOM

Postby MVZOOM » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 pm

scotto wrote: ...mike , ill be blunt. youre a !##&^$%$ idiot.
I mean seriously....its a bike path, breakdown lane etc. what about oncoming bikes ?
youre lucky the police caught you - i'd have been less polite....
I'm hurt that you swore at me.. but hey, them's the breaks! As I've mentioned previously.
MVZOOM wrote: I've approached this with a healthy degree of contrition, I accept that I didn't think through the danger to other cyclists and won't be doing it again.

Cheers - Mike
Cheers - Mik

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 pm

rogan wrote:There's a new sign corner of M2 and PH Rd. It says something like "Eastbound cyclists are prohibited from using the westbound thoroughfare". Is that relatively new?
Is that on the south-eastern corner (i.e. where you leave the M2 if heading westbound and coming off at Pennant Hills Rd)? In the morning I'm in the traffic lanes turning right onto Pennant Hills Rd from the eastbound offramp and the onramp heading off in the afternoons. Didn't see this sign today though.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

rogan

Postby rogan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Yep - right on the corner there, facing out (west).

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:51 am

rogan wrote:Yep - right on the corner there, facing out (west).
Ta. Spotted it this morning when I knew I was looking for something.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Scott2468

Postby Scott2468 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm

I commute on the M2 everyday.

Man, I have never seen anyone "salmon run" on this road. I had not even thought it as a possibility. I have seen people riding on the main road at the 2nd Delhi Road works. This is crazy too, but I think you win.

What time of day did you do this? I would have hated passing you.

revinR1

Postby revinR1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 am

MVZOOM wrote:
Him, all lights flashing, red faced and screaming at me while I had my headphones in and couldn’t hear him. It took me a moment to unclip, and when I took my earbuds out, he shouted at me “Are you a muppet??”. I (somewhat indignant that he’d stopped my progression and broken my rhythm) retorted “only if you’re Miss Piggy”… It went downhill from there
Ok if your got head phones in and as you say you couldn't hear him screaming at you, how are you going to react to protect yourself when a car locks up and tyres screech before they swerve?????? I'd hazard a guess you wouldn't hear this either
have you also thought that maybe the officer has just come from or seen a major accident ( from a similiar case as yours)and can see a possible serious problem that may occur from you actions...

xavdav

Postby xavdav » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Muppet was quite nice... I probably would have call you by other names, if I was riding the right way.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 am

Someone else discovered East-bound is closed..

I saw a salmon coming up the East-bound Beecroft Rd on-ramp this morning.

Or is this the only (dodgy) way to get eastbound through to Beecroft Rd?

queequeg

Trouble with the Police on the M2

Postby queequeg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:45 pm

If you want to go Eastbound to Beecroft Rd, the route of least effort would be the M2 detour, since you can come straight off the M2 at Pennant Hills Rd, get into the left most right turn lane, and when you get to the other side you go straight up onto the SUP and take this to the "hole in the wall" (Murray Farm Rd), where you can then follow the M2 detour route.
The less desirable option is to turn left off Pennant Hills Rd and take the footpath up to Copeland Rd and do the climb up to Beecroft Station and then down either Beecroft or Sutherland Rd.

Doing the salmon run up the on-ramp is probably the least dodgy of the dodgy options as at least you are going with the traffic up until you do the u-turn to exit before the tunnel. This option was actually asked of Transurban I think.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:53 pm

duncanm wrote:Someone else discovered East-bound is closed..

I saw a salmon coming up the East-bound Beecroft Rd on-ramp this morning.

Or is this the only (dodgy) way to get eastbound through to Beecroft Rd?
I did this a few times back in the early days after the M2 was reopened until karma caught up with me. I had just done the salmon at the onramp, then hit the deck at the overbridge expansion joint on a wet day. Figured that was a sign and haven't gone that way since. I think the police are actually onto it now and would likely pick you up going eastbound beyong Pennant Hills Rd now in the eastbound lanes.