Noosa Strade Bianche

foo on patrol

Re: Noosa Strade Bianche

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:37 pm

:oops: I forgot about it Idry. Old Farts Syndrome I believe it's called, shut up yougin. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Unfortunately I got slack. When the time came to ring him back other things came up on the home front and the money I had to offer him was no longer available to make him a descent offer. Then it was other things and time got away. I think I would feel a bit of a shmuck if I contacted him now after stuffing him about.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Pffft, this is the country, things take time :) . The local earthmover took 4 months to get around to giving my parents an invoice for the work he did for them. Just think about the possibility of those frames ending up as a can of baked beans....
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:42 am

Haha yeah that's a thought Idry just like my dad informed me last weekend of the cheapie place down the road from him, that when the new owners took over, they threw out about 100 bikes from there! :shock: Some of these bikes were years old and I said to him, I wish I had known about this as there could have been some valuable bits and pieces amongst them. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

leighthebee

Postby leighthebee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:52 pm

This is on my list this year. I can look for my bottom bracket dust cap that dropped out last time.

Anyone got a NOS shimano 600 bb dust cap lying around :D

munga

Postby munga » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 pm

I saw one of those lying in the dirt in 2012, but I run campag, so I left it there..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

leighthebee

Postby leighthebee » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Boo. I'll remember that.... :evil:

munga

Postby munga » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

;)

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

The Noosa Strada Bianchi (NSB) is getting closer. Only 8 weeks to go to get the steelie ready. The dates are 9th and 10 August. Check the web site http://www.noosa-stradebianche.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for entries and free limited number commemorative musette for early bird entries.

The events are a Piccolo Fondo (33K) on Saturday morning as well as the Show and Shine in conjunction with the swap meet and then an optional dinner at the River Deck restaurant at Noosa Marina in Tewantin. Sunday sees the Medio (85k) and the Grand Fondo (128k)n starting at 7 am and returning to Noosa Marina for complimentary nibbles and self supported re hydration. There will be a popup cafe on the Sundays route with food and coffee. Entrants will be advised of the location of the popup at the pre-ride briefing prior to the start of the Fondo.

There have been quite a few national and international entries of late with some entrants meeting up in Italy for LÉroica and then venturing south for the NSB.

Some really interesting bikes being prepared, or not prepared, for the Show and Shine and the rides as well. We hear that one custom built race frame of yesteryear is being rejuvenated by it original owner with a 50th Anniversary Campag group set. The groupo looks fantastic even without a frame. There is another track bike with a fantastic rust patina that I believe will not be restored but ridden in "almost as found" state. What a state!!!!!.

The entry rules are simple, steel frame and down tube shifters, no carbon.

If you love steel bikes and aren't afraid of the dirt now is a great time to enter.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Woohoo

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Three weeks to go and counting down. :lol:

Velo13

Postby Velo13 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:51 pm

duds2u wrote:Three weeks to go and counting down. :lol:
Jeez, better start riding bicycles.

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Just letting everyone know there will be a Swap Meet as well at the Show and Shine on Saturday at the Noosa Marina.

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 pm

One week to go and everyone is counting down the days.
Particularly ldr as he's running out of time to build his new "clanger" and road test it up some hills.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:12 pm

duds2u wrote:One week to go and everyone is counting down the days.
Particularly ldr as he's running out of time to build his new "clanger" and road test it up some hills.

Still have to do the testing, but the build part is done and dusted :mrgreen: .

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:20 am

I'm still putting a bike together. Think "Eye of Tiger" :lol:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Absolutely incredible day as always. Perfect weather (again, as always), i was actually a little disappointed as a wet Strade would be properly epic, but then it was hard enough as is!

The clanger worked great for downshifting but upshifting was pretty much hopeless, most of the time i ended up stopping and moving it over by hand. It somehow got caught up with the chain and horribly mangled only about 20k in, but a bit of brute smashing got it usable again. The 40-24 bottom gear smashed me sideways though, just confirms that anything less than 28t rear is asking for a world of pain. Instead of my usual routine of charging off like a mad man i stuck with my brother and a mate, and it was basically 7.5 hrs of constant inappropriate jokes, bloody brilliant :D .

All 3 of us were on 27" tyres, so no punctures to report OF COURSE :mrgreen: , unlike the silly sod who rode tubulars, got 7 flats and then had to retire because he had no more tyres. You would think people would know by now that tubulars are just plain wrong for this ride.

Lots of pics and a proper report to follow.

singlespeedscott

Noosa Strade Bianche

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Yes, yet another great day.

Even though I vowed to myself not to smash it I somehow ended up being one of the first to arrive at Cooran and Kin Kin :)

Unfortunately the signage went astray on the return to Cooroy :? Route notes? What route notes :lol:

Myself with Matt and Josh, aka XLR8 wheels, ended up finishing via last years route. Even still I had a great day. Legs are feeling pretty sore now though.

And surprisingly no flats even with the skinny 25mm tyres I ran due to frame clearance issues :)
Last edited by singlespeedscott on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 pm

8)

Foo
Goal 6000km

michaelweare

Postby michaelweare » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Agree, it was a fantastic day. The weather yesterday arvo and last night did not inspire confidence, but the conditions today were very good with only a couple of dodgy slippery bits. Trying to get grip on the damp bitumen on Sankey's Rd hill proved interesting and on the super cool downhill section with the last tight turn off the gap...looked very slippery...good to go around. Hope no-one had any issues there.

Also the Anderson Rd downhill was fantastic with fresh grading and none of the bumps and marbles of last year.

Huge shout out to Chris and Andy and everyone else involved in making this a continuing epic event. Also Keith's jerseys and knicks held up well and are super comfortable.

As for me, no flats either, in 3 years (Panaracer Pasela 25s)...touch wood, and no mechanicals. Good stuff ;-)

I'll be back again.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 am

I was really happy to finish the last gravel section! :)

kb

Postby kb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30 am

ldrcycles wrote: I was really happy to finish the last gravel section! :)
Careful, you can make your ride jealous that way. I'd be thanking the bike instead :-)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:44 am

The frame definitely played it's part, and the B17 did a good job too :) .

Oh and very exciting news, the Les Roe track bike turned up at the show on saturday! I didn't get to find out who got it or if they had the road bike as well but it was great to see it had been rescued. Hopefully someone pops up a photo of the 1963 Bianchi that was there, it was absolutely gorgeous but i forgot to get a pic.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Some more pics.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:25 pm

I haven't heard about any crashes this year which is great. As far as i'm aware that makes it now 4 years in a row without any injuries, all the more remarkable given the huge jump in numbers.

One of the blokes at the finish said he had heard the first rider to finish the long course did it in 4.5 hours, does anyone have any more info?