Cell Bikes

as7431

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby as7431 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:20 pm

UPDATE: Contact made, process back on track

Anyone know how long it takes them to assess a warranty claim? I have a helmet with a defective out shell (starting to bubble and "shrink") after a few months. Email sent on 3/3/14, response received on 4/3/14 with request for photos. These were sent same day. Since then, nothing. I have sent several emails asking what it happening, but no reply. @website mgr Mark if you are around and can look into it for me (case #SC21074). Up to now been happy with Cell, but getting worried about their after sales support.

thanks

Tim
Last edited by as7431 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm

i-cycle wrote:He basically said there is no point if you're in Brisbane to buy a bike from Cell as a) they can't do a fitting and b) there is no free "first service".
Good advice for the first buyer. Cell works best for online buyers if they know their fit already from previous similar bike and can do servicing (especially wheel truing) themselves.
i-cycle wrote:I ended up getting a bike from the LBS a week ago....now to change the crank but that's another different story....
Probably the best result if you needed a fit.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Grgic wrote:Are you getting any more of these in?
Continental Grand Prix GP 4000s Chilli Compound Folding Tyre
If so will they be available at the reduced price?
Hi Grgic, these have been replaced by these http://www.this link is broken/Continental ... -Bike-Tyre
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Any word on when you will have the Cell knicks in stock again? I could do with a new pair..... :)

ldrcycles, send me an email and I'll organise something for you (they won't be Cell Shorts), but hopefully it will help.
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:01 pm

i-cycle wrote:Upfront disclaimer - not a customer but I tried to be. This happened about a month ago, but only just found this link.

I called the website line to ask about the Akuna road bike (there are two slightly different versions, so had some questions). Website line rang out/ no answer so I called the Stanmore store line. Once they figured out I wasn't in Sydney and I was looking for delivery, they said the "online store was different, so call them". I said the line rang out but the salesman didn't really seem to care. He basically said there is no point if you're in Brisbane to buy a bike from Cell as a) they can't do a fitting and b) there is no free "first service".

Anyways, long story short, seeing the lack of care, I ended up getting a bike from the LBS a week ago....now to change the crank but that's another different story....
Hi i-cycle, do you remember who you spoke to at both the Sydney shop and the online shop departments?

Supporting your LBS is always a great thing to do, as you can get personalised sales and service, however I'd like to look into the type of service you received from us. Please contact me at (mark@this link is broken) if you don't mind please.
-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:03 pm

i-cycle wrote:Have to say though....maybe that is a definition of good service...being realistic about what you can deliver and steering the customer away if you can't deliver it.
Hi i-cycle, if you were left with a negative impression and weren't satisfied with your experience, then you did not receive good service from us.

It's one thing to be given advice that steers you in a direction that is best for you, your requirements and your needs, but it's another when you're speaking to someone that makes you feel like they can't be bothered.
-website mgr Mark

DuncanS

Postby DuncanS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
Hi Grgic, these have been replaced by these http://www.this link is broken/Continental ... -Bike-Tyre
-website mgr Mark
Mark, any data to backup the enhancement claims yet? Frankly, they do not look legit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 pm

DuncanS wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:
-website mgr Mark
Mark, any data to backup the enhancement claims yet? Frankly, they do not look legit

They came from the Continental rep. I haven't seen him in a while, but will ask him when he's in the warehouse.
I'm sure any German-based company would have solid research, and that the figures weren't pulled out of...the air (haha).

Thanks for your patience.
-website mgr Mark

DuncanS

Postby DuncanS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Agree Mark, but they really look like 4000 vs 4000s improvements. None of the media that I have seen around the release has suggested anything more than mild incremental improvements for v2.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 pm

as7431 wrote:UPDATE: Contact made, process back on track

Anyone know how long it takes them to assess a warranty claim? I have a helmet with a defective out shell (starting to bubble and "shrink") after a few months. Email sent on 3/3/14, response received on 4/3/14 with request for photos. These were sent same day. Since then, nothing. I have sent several emails asking what it happening, but no reply. @website mgr Mark if you are around and can look into it for me (case #SC21074). Up to now been happy with Cell, but getting worried about their after sales support.

thanks

Tim
Tim, I'll check tomorrow, apologies for me not being online lately. I usually answer when I'm at home, and my internet wiring outside the house was apparently chewed up by something.
-website mgr Mark

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Mark,

One thing I've noted recently, especially in relation to cycling apparel, is that most of the specials have very few sizes available. They are not so much specials as a result, but more like clearance lines. I've been very disappointed when clicking through recently.

Just my 2c

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:48 pm

+1, Trisuits for example. XL/XXL only.

spongepie

Postby spongepie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm looking to buy my first bike at the moment. Just want a simple commuter type bike to get me to and from the gym, and some casual rides with my girlfriend.

Tempted by the Cell Max-1 as it is within my price range. Any thoughts on this one? Or this one vs the Reid MTB (with Slick tyres) that are currently 20% off?

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 pm

spongepie wrote:I'm looking to buy my first bike at the moment. Just want a simple commuter type bike to get me to and from the gym, and some casual rides with my girlfriend.

Tempted by the Cell Max-1 as it is within my price range. Any thoughts on this one? Or this one vs the Reid MTB (with Slick tyres) that are currently 20% off?
The two best value for money bikes at cell at the moment in my opinion (around your budget) are the 2013 ss200a flatbar at $350 and the 2013 X2 city bike hybrid at $499. I'd go for them before the max 1. But Test ride all 3 out if you can and then pick which one you like best.

Sent via Tapatalk so expect the odd typo and mis-posting!
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Cell Bikes folks,

http://www.this link is broken/Elite-Custo ... ike-Riders" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which colour option do I choose if I want the black cage with silver decals and red rubber to match one existing cage on my bike? Do you have this option in stock?

Regards,

Tony

alexander

Postby alexander » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi, I received a text message from CELL today offering sale items.

NORCO and CELL bikes Further Reduced from $199! Road MTB City Fixie Kids Bikes Prices SLASHED. St George's Road, Fitzroy North, optout reply 'stop'

I'm wondering if you sent it, because if you did, I didn't ask for any SMS or marketing in my preferences. So this isn't something you can do. I have replied, stop, and don't want any further SMS marketing from CELL. If there is misunderstanding as to what preferences include what content you're sending, and what we have agreed to, then please explain so we can make a 'more informed' decision about our preferences.
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

chucknitro

Postby chucknitro » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:02 am

+1
2018 Canyon Endurance SLX DB 9.0 DI

GaryJ

Postby GaryJ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Mark, just some feedback regarding the listing for the Lezyne Mega Drive light here... http://www.this link is broken/Lezyne-Ligh ... 1000-Black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ordered one of these week before last and it arrived, however it is the older 2013 model that is only 1000 lumen (not 1200) and does not have the Overdrive mode as per the description. I did an online enquiry (case SC21278) before the purchase and was advised that as the stock had only just been received from the supplier it should be the latest 2014 model.

The light is on the way back to Cell under RA10408 anyway as it appears to have a faulty battery. The battery was date stamped 20120908 so it has clearly been around for a while at the supplier potentially and after being left on charge overnight was still reading 0v with a multimeter.

If you are in fact getting the 2013 and 2014 models through it would be good for them to be distinguished on the website, perhaps with the 2013 being slightly cheaper to try run them out?

Cheers
Gary

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Another little quick bit of Cell Bikes positive experience..

I purchased a pannier rack from Cell Bikes a couple of months back, and somehow over the past week or so have managed to misplace the mounting bolts. I jumped onto the cell website and tried the "online chat" function to see if they might be able to help.. I was quickly connected to a fellow named "Michael" who was able to tell me exactly what size bolts I would need, and also had a look around the (shop/office/warehouse/workshop.. wherever he is..) and found some bolts which he believed would be suited, offering to post them out to me. I declined his kind offer as it will be much quicker for me to just go and get replacement bolts from a hardware store/bunnings/whatever, now that I know what size I need, but the offer was certainly appreciated.

Little things like this go a long way.. Thumbs up to Cell Bikes!

Dave

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:17 am

CELL Bikes wrote:The Brunswick (the cyclocross bike) has been delayed due to a SRAM Disc Brake recall and we're looking at May-ish (sucks).
-website mgr Mark
Any updates mate?

May is only a month away! :D

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm

My brother in brisbane ordered a Moon Gem tail light on wednesday night, got it friday morning :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

JBark

Postby JBark » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm

ningnangnong wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:The Brunswick (the cyclocross bike) has been delayed due to a SRAM Disc Brake recall and we're looking at May-ish (sucks).
-website mgr Mark
Any updates mate?
I didn't realise Cell was doing a cyclocross bike, any more details/specs on it?

Maybe they should just drop SRAM and go with the new Shimano 5800 105 groupset. 11 speed 105 with hydro disc, so dreamy.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 pm

JBark wrote:
ningnangnong wrote:
-website mgr Mark
Any updates mate?
I didn't realise Cell was doing a cyclocross bike, any more details/specs on it?

Maybe they should just drop SRAM and go with the new Shimano 5800 105 groupset. 11 speed 105 with hydro disc, so dreamy.
+1 to that idea!

Sent via Tapatalk so expect the odd typo and mis-posting!
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Ordered some stuff last Wednesday night, which arrived at my desk Friday morning, extremely pleased with the turnaround time. However, the usb rechargeable rear light I purchased is rather underwhelming.

I tried looking on the Echelon site before purchase, but there was no info available about this light. Disappointing to find that when i opened my parcel that the packaging lists this light as 15+ lumen - not the 40 lumen as written in the item description HERE online - please look at changing this as it is false advertising otherwise. Very annoying as i'll now need to buy another rechargeable light that is up to the job as most of my commutes home are in the dark.

In hindsight i should have got the Lezyne rear micro drive light which is a legit 30/70 lumen for only $5 more.

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

Received my arm warmers, leg warmers and cycling beanies from cell yesterday.. Ordered last Monday. One week for anything to Perth is damned good turn around :)

First impressions of them are good.. was pleased with the length of the leg warmers (I was a little concerned they wouldn't reach up to my shorts, and leave me looking stupid and having a cold strip between shorts and warmers but looks to be ok. Both the arm and leg warmers have a nice fleecy internal lining which feels like it's going to be very warm and comfortable.. Time will tell as to how comfortable the elastic is given that I have quite large arms and thighs, but it doesn't seem too bad so far. The beanies are a little tight on my big noggin, but hopefully will stretch a little with use.

Mornings aren't quite cold enough to justify their use yet, but looking forward to trying them out!