OEM Rims

Toolish

OEM Rims

Postby Toolish » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:54 pm

As part of a work project I need to buy some OEM rims. Just looking for a basic 700 x 28 or something like that. No need for deep rims or anything.

Where would be the best place to look for that sort of thing. Possibly talking qty's in the 1000's. I am going to go see the LBS but want to make sure they do the right thing by me.

Duck!
Expert

Re: OEM Rims

Postby Duck! » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Put your "business hat" on & talk to an importer/distributor such as Bicycle Parts Wholesale (who sell a wide range of affordable rims, among many other bike accessories). They don't sell direct to the public, but if you represent a business then they'll be more likely to assist.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

VinoVelodrome

Postby VinoVelodrome » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Could even be an alibaba.com moment ... dare I say it.

Mozzar

Postby Mozzar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:04 pm

I used to work at BPW and they are great people and would be willing to assist you if you go there as a business and are not trying to get cheap stuff to sell and make some money. If you speak to them with a buisness or puisness plan already set up then it will be easier to convince them to let you buy what you want. might have to be a cash customer first though.

Toolish

Postby Toolish » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:28 pm

BPW did the job. Ordered 4 rims Wednesday about 10 am after first contact about lunch time the day before. Rims got here Thursday and the price is right.

Awesome customer service so far, have to admit looking at the OEM rim prices is a bit depressing knowing what retail is!

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:49 pm

I've bought a fair bit of stuff from BPW through my local shop over the years, on one occasion the shop owner just handed me the very fat catalogue and said just go through it and make a list of the part codes :lol: . Good stuff and well priced too.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia