rebuilding SHOGUN Samurai ROAD BIKE

cslegacy

rebuilding SHOGUN Samurai ROAD BIKE

Postby cslegacy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:51 pm

I have just bought this Shogun Samurai Araya Shimano 105 and want to replace most of the parts on it, as most of them are rusty. I want to buy a bunch of parts from http://www.this link is broken" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; could anyone link me to some parts as im not sure whats going to fit, also are my pedals 9/16" thanks for the help:)

find_bruce

Re: rebuilding SHOGUN Samurai ROAD BIKE

Postby find_bruce » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Nice looking Shogun. Extra thumbs up for the Biopace

Which parts in particular are you looking to replace ? It is hard to see what is rusty on your pic.

Almost all pedals have 9/16" x 20 tpi threads - the main exceptions are one piece cranks, French and early 80s dura ace. As you have early Shimano 105, they will be 9/16".
Anything you can do, I can do slower

high_tea

Postby high_tea » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:39 am

Nice bike.

In terms of parts, you'll need an 8-speed chain, assuming it to have 6-8 speeds. I don't know about Chain Reaction, but Torpedo 7 have them from time to time. Brake and gear cables are standard Shimano. I believe standard road brake shoes will be fine. A new cluster could be tricky. It depends on whether the existing one is a cassette or a freewheel. Seat and seatpost should be no drama.

Some of the other stuff could be tricky. As find_bruce said, it depends on what you want to replace.

Good luck, looks like a fun project.

Stepr

Postby Stepr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Rusty? It all looks pretty good from the pic. Send all the spare parts my way :lol: