Post Your Ride

Mugglechops

Re: Post Your Ride

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 pm

New (Fat) wheels. Took it straight to the beach :D

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 am

I have to say the Specialized Fat bike looks a bit more integrated than some of the other ones I have seen.

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Orion wrote:Picked this up yesterday. 2014 Trek Xcaliber 8. Took it for a fling this morning and love it. HEAPS better than the old Giant. The Giant will live on as my new commuter though.

This is the one I'm looking at. What do you think of the forks and the handling with 29" wheels?

lardass71

Postby lardass71 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

I just sold one, forks on excal 8 are fine but no one In aus can service them, u can get a recon or something to go on it instead, don't be over stressed by the g2 geometry it's only a difference of 7mm according to fox, I only sold mine as I rode it while building this Image they handle fine pretty relaxed geometry, the models above it have a steeper head angle so there more racier feel to them but for general trail the Excalibur 8 is fine

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Nice 29er hardtails fellas :)

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk

Orion

Postby Orion » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:21 pm

stinhambo wrote:
Orion wrote:Picked this up yesterday. 2014 Trek Xcaliber 8. Took it for a fling this morning and love it. HEAPS better than the old Giant. The Giant will live on as my new commuter though.

This is the one I'm looking at. What do you think of the forks and the handling with 29" wheels?
The bike meets my needs which are pretty modest. As a relative newby to MTB it's a great bike for me. My only criticism is the seat. It's very hard and uncomfortable.
I don't know much about suspension but the Suntour on this is fine but maybe not as well "cushioning' as more expensive bikes.

I've only put around 600km on it so far but I'm very happy with it.

lardass71

Postby lardass71 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Orion wrote:
stinhambo wrote:

The bike meets my needs which are pretty modest. As a relative newby to MTB it's a great bike for me. My only criticism is the seat. It's very hard and uncomfortable.
I don't know much about suspension but the Suntour on this is fine but maybe not as well "cushioning' as more expensive bikes.

I've only put around 600km on it so far but I'm very happy with it.
its not the suspension that is the problem, its more there is no one who can service them as the importer will not bring in the parts required

OscarWhitbread

Postby OscarWhitbread » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

I have the 2012 X-Cal, absolutely love it, it has been very reliable. I too replaced the seat, the original was a shocker. At a guess it has about 2500km on it and I've only just recently had the fork serviced. Apart from replacing the chain from wear and the occasional flush out of the cables, I've had to do very little to the bike, just keep it reasonably clean and that's about it. I mainly cruise rail trail & fire roads so I don't really bash the bike around.

I had the same issue with a Suntour fork on my previous cheapie Malvern Star XCS 1, it just wasn't really worth the effort in the end as getting hold of the parts/labour was a pain. The 2012 X-Cal came with a RockShox Reba and that was a factor when purchasing the bike, in that the fork was easily serviceable by the lbs.

4xsama

Postby 4xsama » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 pm

giantcfr1 wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:...
For a second I wondered what the hell you were on about with "snow" and then remembered you live in Japan :) .
Nice bike :) .
There is almost nothing better than riding over fresh snow, listening to it under your tyres....UNTIL you hit ice. :wink:
Or through the ice and into a big puddle/pothole/rut/ravine!
CANYON Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race. Pivot Mach 429 Trail

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

My new baby.. Picked it up yesterday and taking it down to Pemberton this weekend for some fun :D

ImageImage

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

petie

Postby petie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 pm

WarbyD wrote:My new baby.. Picked it up yesterday and taking it down to Pemberton this weekend for some fun :D

ImageImage

Very nice. When I was down there a month ago there was a sweet looking downhill/double black trail almost finished with a couple of wall rides, hopefully it's done for you. You'll need that dropper!

4xsama

Postby 4xsama » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Was in the market for a 29er hardtail like a Stumpjumper to replace my Sugar 1 bought a full suss.

Easter coming up. Feels soooo much bigger than my old bike.
CANYON Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race. Pivot Mach 429 Trail

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

petie wrote:
WarbyD wrote:My new baby.. Picked it up yesterday and taking it down to Pemberton this weekend for some fun :D

ImageImage

Very nice. When I was down there a month ago there was a sweet looking downhill/double black trail almost finished with a couple of wall rides, hopefully it's done for you. You'll need that dropper!
Pemberton was a damned good ride :D Those wall rides are on the Relentless Blue XC trail.. So much more technical than what I'd ridden previously up at Jarrahdale!!

Bloody Mary, the new black run, isn't open yet but I believe should be within the next month or so (think construction has all but finished, just waiting on some rain to bed it all in).. Dropper was definitely of use!!

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:15 pm

The new hardtail is done and very nice it is too.

Siren Twinzer steel frame from the US via a bloke on the South Coast NSW. The rest is my doing...with help from Josh at XLR8 Wheels.

Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Very nice! What are the handlebars? Can't quite see the logos.
Long day's journey into alt-bars

Stredda

Postby Stredda » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:12 pm

This is my 2012 Giant Anthem. Its pretty stock apart from a hand made mud guard on the front and a custom read derailleur guard on the rear. Knobby Nic on the front and Rocket Ron on the rear. :D
Pic taken at the Warrawee reserve just out of Latrobe, Tassie. My home stomping ground.

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:40 pm

pentlandexile wrote:Very nice! What are the handlebars? Can't quite see the logos.
Ragley Carnegie. Just the alloy versions. No longer in production sadly.
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

TDC

Postby TDC » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Picked this up on Saturday. Took it for a good ride around Fox Creek on Sunday and christened it with lots of mud.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:03 pm

TDC wrote:Picked this up on Saturday. Took it for a good ride around Fox Creek on Sunday and christened it with lots of mud.
Nice! 650b?

TDC

Postby TDC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Yeah, 650b. I was pleasantly surprised how much better it rolled over technical rocky sections compared with the 26" Scott scale HT I have been riding. Everything was just easier.

jbchybridrider

Postby jbchybridrider » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:31 am

It's only a cheap china frame so I took a trail pic of it to make it more interesting. :mrgreen:

TDC

Postby TDC » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Cheap China frame got you to an awesome place. Where is that trail?

jbchybridrider

Postby jbchybridrider » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 am

Hi mate , that's Eagle on the hill mtb park on the blue trail. I rode from the city did a lap then a fast down hill back to the city.

alrsv1

Postby alrsv1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:15 am

My new Foxy...

1997 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Frezoni MAX,
1992 Cannondale M2000, 201Pivot Mach5.5.

jbchybridrider

Postby jbchybridrider » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:23 am

TDC wrote:Picked this up on Saturday. Took it for a good ride around Fox Creek on Sunday and christened it with lots of mud.

Pix or it didn't happen :mrgreen:

Last Sunday Fox Creek with my Specializing Zworks.