Tour De Perth - UCI World Tour Volunteers

Big Help Mob

Tour De Perth - UCI World Tour Volunteers

Postby Big Help Mob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 pm

World class cycling events don't come to Perth very often so we need you to make the UCI World Cycling Tour run as smoothly as the Tour de France by supporting cyclist along the course. There won't be much of a race if the cyclists are dropping off their bikes due to dehydration. Like you see in the Tour De France you will be right in the action handing water and nutrition to riders along the course and helping at the start and finish lines

There are two races on Rottnest (free trip over & some free time), a race through the zig zag of Kalamunda and a race around Perry Lakes. If you would like to come along for an awesome day of cycling action click the links below and sign up now!!

Thursday 11th of April, Rottnest (Free trip to Rotto & some free time)
http://bighelpmob.org/missions/137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Friday 12th of April, Rottnest (Free trip to Rotto & some free time)
http://bighelpmob.org/missions/138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday 13th of April, Kalamunda
http://bighelpmob.org/missions/139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunday 14th of April, Perry Lakes
http://bighelpmob.org/missions/141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Parker

Re: Tour De Perth - UCI World Tour Volunteers

Postby Parker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:26 pm

So has anyone from the forums volunteered? I did, for Saturday and Sunday.

michaelp7757

Postby michaelp7757 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

Yes I'm volunteering for the Rotto events Thursday & Friday.

As well as the free trip over they also included free accommodation on Thursday night.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

I got along on Sunday to watch a bit of the racing at Perry Lakes. My partner's best friend's son races for Satalyst Giant Racing Team so it was a little more interesting. Even though it was great racing. Just a pity it was not supported better by local businesses. I posted a few amateur photos and videos from the day on my blog for those bored.

Andrew

randyrob

Postby randyrob » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Parker wrote:So has anyone from the forums volunteered? I did, for Saturday and Sunday.
I volunteered on the Friday during the TT, Was a great day out.
Go fast and stop hard, it'll never catch on!

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Aushiker wrote:I got along on Sunday to watch a bit of the racing at Perry Lakes. My partner's best friend's son races for Satalyst Giant Racing Team so it was a little more interesting. Even though it was great racing. Just a pity it was not supported better by local businesses. I posted a few amateur photos and videos from the day on my blog for those bored.

Andrew
I made it into two of those pictures!

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Parker wrote:
Podium girl hoping for a "Sagan moment"? :wink:

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
Parker wrote:
Podium girl hoping for a "Sagan moment"? :wink:
Opens popcorn :) :) mmmm Nice hot popcorn :mrgreen:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Parker wrote:
Aushiker wrote:I got along on Sunday to watch a bit of the racing at Perry Lakes. My partner's best friend's son races for Satalyst Giant Racing Team so it was a little more interesting. Even though it was great racing. Just a pity it was not supported better by local businesses. I posted a few amateur photos and videos from the day on my blog for those bored.

Andrew
I didn't see you there :(

Andrew

Parker

Postby Parker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Parker wrote:

Andrew
I didn't see you there :(

Andrew
I was at Perry Lakes finish line and had a front row seat behind the press at the presentations, also was at the finish line at the Zig Zag ;)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Tour de Perth is back on with the first criterium at Fremantle on Wednesay night ... racing starts at 6:30 PM

More details at http://www.tourdeperth.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Hrmm, I wrap up work in Henderson around 5:30 tomorrow. Might pass by Freo for some of this.

Where would be best to park and spectate?

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:47 pm

That'd explain Team Budget Forklifts with their fancy matte black Cervelos having coffee at Bench in the city just now.

jonhanson

Postby jonhanson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Went down to Freo last night and watched it after a great meal at The Capri. Very exciting riding. Fast close and scary. The marshall kicked all the back of the fleet off the course. Great to watch. Kalamunda today, rotto tomorrow and Floreat Sat followed by the kalamunda gran fondo Sunday. Anyone going to that ? I haven't heard of anyone going anywhere.