You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

LG

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby LG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Have a look here http://www.velobase.com/ViewGroup.aspx? ... 2865a31640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A very good buy for that price and to be honest, the paint looks in good enough nick to leave as is, you can always hang shiny new parts off it. Is there any tubing sticker on there? I have a very similar looking frame with the Gipiemme dropouts that's Falck. Not a top level frame, but mine's a very nice riding bike all the same.
LG = Low Gear

koen

Re: Concorde Colomb0

Postby koen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 pm

PommieYeti wrote: Its fitted with a full Campagnolo groupset 14spd not sure what type
Triomphe. I found it to be pretty rubbish, noisy and not pleasant to ride like the better stuff, the chainrings are also an odd size. But it will polish up nicely. I made my levers into fridge magnets.

geoff_tewierik

Postby geoff_tewierik » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Yep its Triomphe, same as on my Kenevans, http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 23&t=73492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wingnut

Postby Wingnut » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Stripped my older Paconi (still for sale) and built this Olmo up as a training/everything bike...makes me feel like a teenager again when we used to just ride on bitsa bikes...this is a hundred times better than what I had as a teenager though...

vaeske

Re: Concorde Colomb0

Postby vaeske » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm

PommieYeti wrote:Got this 1980's ish Concorde Columbo, from gumtree for $150 dont know if thats good or not(i am sure the guy picked it off the side of the road in them roadside collections as he selling stacks of old ish bikes ?) with the intention of restoring it to either A:Original B:Eddy Merckx Replica or C: CIOCC aparantly these frames were the same ?
Its fitted with a full Campagnolo groupset 14spd not sure what type/name(if anyone knows)it rides ok the only bad part is the ally seatpost is rammed in tighter than a tight thing (As I mentioned in the Shed on this forum) So when I get that free I intend to garnet blast the frame and repaint it in one of the above options, apply decals clear coat and refit the groupset which I hope to have polished up, but so far work seems to have got super busy so it may take a while :oops:

snip
Triomphe was campy's 105 model. you should have no issues with 8 speed even as long as derailleur can reach it since its all friction. I had them on an MBK a long time ago and it goes… no issues with it at all. Good luck with the resto! I think turn it back into original would be the best. It'll turn out great!

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:08 pm

The Triomphe and Victory derailleurs use the same geometry as the older Super Record derailleurs. They shift OK and can handle a large range it's just they don't shift as well as vintage Shimano and Suntour.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Size 58 frame and fork
Cinelli stem
Cinelli Campione Del Mondo bars
Campagnolo C-Record headset
Campagnolo 10 speed groupset
Nitto S65 seatpost
Arundel stainless cages
Arundel Gekko bar tape
Campagnolo silver 8/9/10 speed hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro rims with Competition spokes (32 hole, 3 cross)
SMP Dynamic saddle
Stainless Speedplay pedals.

PatrickB

Postby PatrickB » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Wingnut wrote:Stripped my older Paconi (still for sale) and built this Olmo up as a training/everything bike...makes me feel like a teenager again when we used to just ride on bitsa bikes...this is a hundred times better than what I had as a teenager though...
Very nice bike.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Got this Clamont together usimg stuff I had here and a fork from T-Rav. Test ride tomorrow, fingers crossed.Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Wazza

Gazukes

Postby Gazukes » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Speedwell Metro 22 x 1.75 Wheels

munga

Postby munga » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Wazza wrote:Got this Clamont together usimg stuff I had here and a fork from T-Rav. Test ride tomorrow, fingers crossed.Image

looks the business, mate!

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Wazza wrote:Got this Clamont together usimg stuff I had here and a fork from T-Rav. Test ride tomorrow, fingers crossed.Image

Hey Wazza, I like it. White, black and chrome is such a good combo. Very little saddle to bar drop. Is that stem at it's max? Is only two top tube cable guides unusual for a Clamont?

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm

My GEFSCO "Clamont" has only 2 top tube cable guides.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Nice Clamont Wazza.....how did your test ride go ?
singlespeedscott wrote:My GEFSCO "Clamont" has only 2 top tube cable guides.
Same here.... 2 only

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 am

The bike rode well. The seat is at max height so just a slight drop of the stem and should be all good. Still tossing up about the chrome/colour for the forks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wazza

bog1953

Postby bog1953 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:27 pm

I bought this zullo frame about two years ago, have been undecided about it"s restoration. Up until today I was going to do a repaint and new decals, the paint being chipped, and someone sanding a patch on the rear stay. however today I put some parts on it just to see how it will look..... surprisingly good. Dura Ace RD, FD and cranks. Dura Ace ax brake calipers and brakes, waiting for Dura Ace ax pedals to arrive in the post. Zullo panto stem, Cinelli bars, Campy seat post and Mavic CXP23 wheels will complete the build. This bike was used by Terry Hammond, "Mr Suntour", who won the Suntour Twice and was runner up three or four times,also was the national champion a number of times, so a bit of Australian bike racing history.

PatrickB

Postby PatrickB » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 pm

That is cool as man

bog1953

Postby bog1953 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm

TERRY HAMMOND

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi bog1953 - the Zullo does look good. Two years of contemplation and the answer was so simple - it just needed a few parts hanging off of it.

bog1953

Postby bog1953 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Well, folks are dumb where I come from. This bike hasn't been a priority, I have many bikes that I'm always working on to improve. I like originality, but I'm also inspired by some of the bikes I've seen at shows that are restored. The battle between originality and a pristine show bike is hard fought, I'm not a perfectionist but, I do like glitter and shine sometimes. Originality has won on this occasion.

GaryF

Postby GaryF » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 pm

bog1953 wrote:Well, folks are dumb where I come from. This bike hasn't been a priority, I have many bikes that I'm always working on to improve. I like originality, but I'm also inspired by some of the bikes I've seen at shows that are restored. The battle between originality and a pristine show bike is hard fought, I'm not a perfectionist but, I do like glitter and shine sometimes. Originality has won on this occasion.
I know exactly what you mean - it's always a 'battle' as you describe and I bet the battle with this great bike isn't quite over yet. It does look great at the moment though. Who knows what the future holds?

hawkbike

Postby hawkbike » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi Guys, just joined and thought i'd show what i've scratched together.

FIrstly, have been reading and learning in the background and learnt a great deal. Thanks to all.

Have decided to build up some old steelies for a bit of fun to go 'Pinarello hunting'. Big fan of going past people on an old steelie.

Couldn't find much info on my frames so I thought i'd list them and let the guru's educate me further.

First bike is a Columbus SLX Battaglin built with Campag Chorus 10 speed and a set of Stans rims. Ride weight is about 9kgs.

Second is a Tange 2 Kuwahara Hawk with a mixture of Suntour Spirit and Shimano and a set of Rolf rims. Ride weight is about 10kgs.

I've been so keen to finish them and ride them that they haven't had a good clean and the Hawk photo is with old Shimano 600 gear I had lying around.

I'll get some better photos shortly.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Very nice but i've got to ask, what is the story behind the teensy chainring on the Kuwahara?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Minority

Postby Minority » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Very nice but i've got to ask, what is the story behind the teensy chainring on the Kuwahara?
Form over function? :wink:

hawkbike

Postby hawkbike » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Minority wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:Very nice but i've got to ask, what is the story behind the teensy chainring on the Kuwahara?
Form over function? :wink:
The plan was to use that to pull the kids trailer and the small ring would mean I couldn't go too fast with the trailer on. But after riding it I've put on a 50/34.

Went to take it out tonight but obviously didn't connect the chain properly and it popped the link going up the driveway. (16 degrees at the bottom)