Giant Propel Advanced Frame

averagerider

Giant Propel Advanced Frame

Postby averagerider » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Folks

I Have a 2010 Fuji SST 2.0 which i bought brand new at the end of 2012, so it 4 years old but hasn't been ridden for full 4 years.

My question is do i take it - I Have been offered a brand new Giant Propel Advanced Frame for around $1900. i would have to take the Ultegra Groupset off my Fuji and Pro Lite Merano wheels as well and just trade in my frame with a difference of around $600 for me to cover. so ive been told

yes i get a brand new frame but does the groupset take more of the beating than the frame, i mean is it a waste to put an old groupset on the new frame

I don't really know anything about them so im searching for as much info as i can
Are they worth it, is it much different to the Fuji, the frame is from a Local bike shop

jacks1071

Re: Giant Propel Advanced Frame

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm

I'd have no issue with re-using your groupset. The parts last a lot longer than many people would believe.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Duck!
Expert

Re: Giant Propel Advanced Frame

Postby Duck! » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Drive parts such as chain, cassette and chainrings are consumables, but the rest of the componentry will last many years. One thing to note with the Propel is that your brake options will be limited due to the aero optimising of the frame.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.