Aftermarket Oakley lenses

swaz

Postby swaz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 am

I have some Oakley Radar Paths with polarized lenses in them which I love, but I want some photochromic ones. Oakley don't sell these though so I am considering some of the aftermarket options on eBay such as http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-WL-Polar ... 4613088b3c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone have past experience with these sellers? Can only recommend anyone else? They appear to be ~$70 which is the cost of some of the less poser brands sell complete sunnies for like JetBlank.

Toolish

Re: Aftermarket Oakley lenses

Postby Toolish » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 am

I have some Walleva lenses for my Half Jackets. They do the job fine but they are not as good as genuine. They are a bit thinner and therefore don't feel quite as secure in the frame. They are not much different price wise to the group buy price for genuine and I only went with the Walleva as I needed them quickly.

Given there is not a genuine option for you I would say the aftermarket are worth it. they Delivered quickly and the product was what I expected.

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:30 am

I have Walleva photochromic lenses in my Jawbones. No worries at all, good lenses for the price.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm

swaz wrote:I have some Oakley Radar Paths with polarized lenses in them which I love, but I want some photochromic ones. Oakley don't sell these though so I am considering some of the aftermarket options on eBay
Are you sure Oakley don't sell them?

RADAR PATH Clear Black Iridium Photochromic - $179.95

And these are the RadarLock ones for the same price.

I checked out the company and while English isn't the strong point in the ebay and video, the video presentation certainly demonstrated a certain level of tech.
Cycling is in my BNA

swaz

Postby swaz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:10 am

Well there you go. I had googled it and searched the oakley website and found nothing. I'll just order some of them in the next group buy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

swaz

Postby swaz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:24 pm

I have ordered some Welleva lenses from eBay. Will report back when I get them and use them for a while how they go. <$55 delivered

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:27 pm

keen to hear your feedback swaz, looking to get some for my jawbones.

swaz

Postby swaz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 pm

If you.choose to get a set find the listing where you can make an offer. I made what I thought would be a really low ball offer and they took it.

a

Postby a » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I've hot some photochromic for my radars. Don't go as light as the (scratched) oakleys they replaced. Bit thinner. The oakleys are better. But 100 dollars better?

swaz

Postby swaz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 pm

$120 more expensive in my case

swaz

Postby swaz » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:33 pm

The lenses arrived today the 21/3 and they were posted on the 3/3 which is pretty good. The tracking was only good with the usa.
First impressions were good. Professional packaging, soft case and cleaning cloth.
Notably thinner than the Oakley polarized ones I had in there. The thinness made putting the lenses in a pain because they flex and resist going into the nose notches.
As already said here they are not clear when at their lightest. Nor are they dark when out in bright sunlight. Actually, they are a bit of a disappointment in this respect. However I want them for riding single track xc type courses so they should be good for this. I got the vented lenses because every set of glasses I own fogs up. Am keen you see how these go.
Optics aren't Oakley quality either! But they cost me just under $55.delivered so they can't really be compared I guess.
Will report back after a few rides, especially after some early morning under lights rides

MattyP

Postby MattyP » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Been very happy with a set of Revant Optics lenses for my Split Jacket's. Had them for about 2 years. Were quite good value. Would get another pair.

swaz

Postby swaz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 am

So I have put in a fair few hours using the lenses now and they are quite useful. I don't think I would be changing lenses from my polarized ones to the photochromic ones all the time though.

BriP

Postby BriP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 pm

i only go genuine lenses for oakleys. its not just the optics, but the impact protection as well. got the clear black irid photochromic in my radarlock XL matched to my bike. worth it i reckon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk