(Vic) Arthurs Seat State Park trail proposal

Duck!
Expert

(Vic) Arthurs Seat State Park trail proposal

Postby Duck! » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Greetings all,

Down on the lovely Mornington Peninsula (just south of Melbourne, for those not familiar with the area), the local MTB club, Red Hill Riders, of which I'm a member but not in any committee extent, has been engaged in lengthy (some 5 or 6 years!) discussions with Parks Victoria with a view to formalising the network of trails which has been slightly surreptitiously developed over an even longer period. Yes, officially they're illegal, but we've managed to swing the PV authorites around & now use the term "informal". :)

The really good bit is, Parks Vic have finally gone through all the bureaucratic guff and published a proposal to formalise the trail network in the Arthur Seat State Park (other trails outside the Park zone are being developed in conjunction with Mornington Peninsula Shire Council). This proposal was presented for public consultation last week, and is open to submissions until May 9th. After that date, all submissions will be assessed, and if the majority response is positive, the door will be open to develop a new major MTBing centre close to Melbourne!

So on behalf of the Red Hill Riders crew, I'd like to invite all dedicated MTBers to have a read through the proposal that can be found here!, and follow the link found in there to a short survey, which will register as an official submission. With your help we can have a trail network we can proudly call home! :-D

Thanks in advance.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

Miyata_912

Re: (Vic) Arthurs Seat State Park trail proposal

Postby Miyata_912 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:52 pm

done, good luck
N + 1
1986 Team Miyata
1988 Miyata 912
Prototype handmade Bamboo 3 speed
1996 Kona Kilauea

Duck!
Expert

Re: (Vic) Arthurs Seat State Park trail proposal

Postby Duck! » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you. :-)
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.