Robert Cassidy of Bothwell

master6

Robert Cassidy of Bothwell

Postby master6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:17 am

Robert Cassidy of Bothwell makes some valid statements about cyclists in todays letters in the Mercury, then, as many commentators do, discounts his efforts to total crap by slinging in "fashion statement", "Lycra", and "shaved legs". I am happy for him to wear his jeans while cycling, as he says he does, and I feel that he should not complain about me wearing red shorts of whatever textile they come in. Is it fair to criticise me for making an effort to be visible to motorists? I suppose that he does not shave...........?

nailsaslegs

Re: Robert Cassidy of Bothwell

Postby nailsaslegs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 pm

We have a great rapport with the locals at Bothwelw running three races out there a year with many of the shops sponsoring us, he doesn't like our shaved legs and lycra, each to their own I guess.

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:38 pm

As in any community Rob, Mr Cassidy is but one individual, thankfully.

His case is pathetic when he throws in sarcastic comments about attire and shaving; those factors are hardly relevant to using public roads for cycling or motoring.

Inclusion of these comments show how empty and hollow his case is.

redheeler

Postby redheeler » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 am

That hi-vis yellow vest goes well with red and blue shorts, see you coming well down the road master6

master6

Postby master6 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:58 pm

redheeler wrote:That hi-vis yellow vest goes well with red and blue shorts, see you coming well down the road master6
I look in the mirror and admiringly murmur " Not very fast, but pretty to watch". :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's always good to see you on the road redheeler :)

Pity we have to put up with the Bothwell goose :twisted: