Fitz's Challenge - Training

otfc42

Fitz's Challenge - Training

Postby otfc42 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Okay, myself and a couple of cyclists from our Sunday droup have set ourselves the challenge of the Fitz's Classic. We are intermediate cyclists, and averaged about 24 km/h for the long Amy's Ride.

Between now and October, the obvious thing to do is throw a few hills in every week in addition to the Sunday long rides that will be up to 200km by the time Fitz's rolls around.

What I am thinking of is hitting Black Mt after work a couple of days a week and would love to find a training partner. I have only ever done it once and I am looking to working up to doing repeats...can I just make mention that hills and me do not agree, however this is something I want to change.

Cheers for taking the time to have a read.
Live the Moment.....!!!

TonyMax

Re: Fitz's Challenge - Training

Postby TonyMax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:02 pm

otfc42 wrote:Between now and October...
Fitz's has been moved in favour of the Mont 24. Still in October though.

http://pedalpower.org.au/news/fitzs-for ... -for-mont/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jacksonho

Postby jacksonho » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 am

Howdy, I'm no serious climber but try to do a weekly ride up Ainsle or Black Mountain once a week during lunchtime. I am in Civic for work so I am happy to have someone come along with me if you want, for an idea how slow I am up Black Mountain check out this Strava ride from last month. I tend to go Monday, Thurs or Friday.

I prefer Ainsle personally as I find it better for fitness as it just gets harder where Black Mt is hard at the start then fairly decent after that.

http://www.strava.com/activities/120427604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

otfc42

Postby otfc42 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:11 pm

jacksonho wrote:Howdy, I'm no serious climber but try to do a weekly ride up Ainsle or Black Mountain once a week during lunchtime. I am in Civic for work so I am happy to have someone come along with me if you want, for an idea how slow I am up Black Mountain check out this Strava ride from last month. I tend to go Monday, Thurs or Friday.

I prefer Ainsle personally as I find it better for fitness as it just gets harder where Black Mt is hard at the start then fairly decent after that.

http://www.strava.com/activities/120427604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Many thanks for that, Thursday or Friday sounds great. I'll have a look at your Strava and do a Black Mountain climb to compare.

Cheers
Live the Moment.....!!!

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu May 01, 2014 8:27 pm

If you want a more favourable comparison, hereis a Black Mountain ride on a tandem.

Don't whinge to me about hills not being your friend. :)

Cheers,

Cameron

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Sat May 03, 2014 7:22 pm

jacksonho wrote:Howdy, I'm no serious climber but try to do a weekly ride up Ainsle or Black Mountain once a week during lunchtime. I am in Civic for work so I am happy to have someone come along with me if you want, for an idea how slow I am up Black Mountain check out this Strava ride from last month. I tend to go Monday, Thurs or Friday.

You should try sprinting the car park section in future. It makes for a good final effort (more like Ainslie).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cossie Phil

Postby Cossie Phil » Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 pm

If your in Canberra, why not take in some of the actual Fitz's course?