Stars & Stripes for Tyler!

toolonglegs

Stars & Stripes for Tyler!

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:29 pm

I reckon Cycling USA aren't too happy with Tyler winning the road race...oh well Michael Ball will be loving the chance to design a new jersey :lol:

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Could we have a bit more background tll.

I understand the guy has had anomalies :roll: with some of his testing.

Who's Michael Ball ?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 pm

:D
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks tll.

Interesting what Danny Pate had to say about the lack of drug testing over the years at this event. Top 5 seven times and never been tested, sounds like the U.S cycling officials just don't want to know.

Shame about Tyler, another really talented guy tempted by the dark side ala Jan and Vino etc.

Makes it hard to believe anyone can compete clean if these guys don't think they can and they are as talented as anyone who has ever clipped in.

03 was the tour that Tyler crashed early and still finished the tour taking a stage win along the way as you've said.

I think he did something similar at the Giro the year before and finished 2nd overall.

The guys pain threshold must be enormous, it's a shame he'll be forever tainted.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 am

:shock:
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 am

yup, blood doping of the worst type, it was not his own blood!!!!

I think his excuse is that he had a twin who died in the womb, and its cells became entangled with his own dividing cells during mytosis??? (cell division) so he is actually TWO people wrapped up in one body.

This idea was explored in an episode of CSI, where a bloke raped a girl but the semen (the dead twins DNA) didn't match his own sample. Grissom called him a Chimera.

The funniest thing is that Vino got busted for the same thing at last years Tour. I think the problem for them was that the blood bags in Dr Feuntes fridge got mixed up during the police raids.
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:06 pm

...and Blake Caldwell (anti doping team Garmin-Chipotle) must be really pleased coming second to Hamilton and his twin.
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

Laura

Postby Laura » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:54 am

One thing no one has mentioned is that Tyler served a 2 year suspension for dopping. So he's done his time and hopefully is clean now.

I can't wait to see what the Ball designed stars and stripes jersey will look like! A skull on each star??? LOL!

Laura

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:58 am

:mrgreen: