2nd hand K-mart bike for 133% more than new

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2nd hand K-mart bike for 133% more than new

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Enough is enough.

The seller Jenny / Jennay / ausbike is now sending fraudulent emails to gumtree sellers pretending to be from me.
I have now received a number of emails from people on gumtree who have received an email supposedly from me - which it is not.

If you do receive one of these emails, please let me know so that I can take action.

Please let me take the action - feel free to email me links to ad sales you believe are from the seller so that when I speak to gumtree they can then pinpoint and take action against this person who is acting fraudently and that we can fairly now confirm is a scammer.

BNA Post Gumtree Scammer - Bicycles Network Australia Imposter
Forum Post Gumtree Seller - Fraudulently representing BNA

Subject: A reply to your ad AD DETAILS REMOVED"
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:54:49 +1000

Someone has replied to your ad!

A Gumtree user has an inquiry about your classified ad AD DETAILS REMOVED.

Please be warned, we can not tolerate this, you are competing with the bikes that me and my mates are selling, Don't ever bother to make it look better than our bikes, take it down, or I will make more test accounts in my forum to ask members to reports, gumtree will get so many reports and your ad will be taken down anyway, it's your choice, we believe in choices.

Christopher
Bicycle Network Australia

info@bicycles.net.au

To reply to this message please use the Reply Button of your email client
If your ad is no longer available, please delete the ad now.
Please report any suspicious email to us, never send or wire money, meet in person and always follow our safety tips.
The Gumtree Team
If you have any questions, please look at our Help Pages or contact our Community Support Team.
Further details here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm

jennay?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Not jennay - it is a private house, in Qld and not Sydney. A phone number is provided. Price is $100 each (purchased together) so appears genuine and there is no lense flare.
Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:13 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Not jennay - it is a private house, in Qld and not Sydney. A phone number is provided. Price is $100 each (purchased together) so appears genuine and there is no lense flare.
I miss the lens flair

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:50 pm

jasonc wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:Not jennay - it is a private house, in Qld and not Sydney. A phone number is provided. Price is $100 each (purchased together) so appears genuine and there is no lense flare.
I miss the lens flair
The prose was always what got me in.
I had dreams of stage wins at Le Tour after reading it.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

ohexploitable

Postby ohexploitable » Sun May 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Shimano Hybrid700C, Giant European Bike, Innovative Speed-up technology, Extended Triple Mountain Power, City Style - the latest Hybrid Advanced Bicycle

Due to travel arrangement, I am making my beloved near new bicycle available to a good owner, it's rarely used as there has been so many exciting changes to keep me busy for the last few months.

700C is very popular in Europe, North America and is increasingly taken advantage by smart local riders and travellers alike for all seasons riding in Australia.

It's equipped with

- Speed road wheels, 700C alloy slim built for high speed riding, slow trek is a thing of the past (you can ride slowly if you choose to, speed riding makes this bike even more fun and exciting)
- Shimano leading speed up technology, proven reliability enhanced with the latest microshift for the smoothest riding experience
- All-Terrain Certified with original seals, maximum versatility for a rider who wants to do more with one bike
- Extended triple mountain power (3x 6speeds +3), fun and easy to climb hills, full control flying downhill
- Ergonomic bike with a generous cushy seat, very comfortable even after a long ride, gone are those uncomfortable saddles on old bikes

- Innovative one-piece alloy stem, lighter, stronger, for easy handling and steady steering control, a uniqe feature seen only in a handful of Advanced bikes

- Advanced smart stand to allow the bike to stand securely on its own
- Decent 700C giant size to help taller rider to ride comfortably
- Silent cruising technology with Advanced double suspensions for better enjoyment
- Elegant design with simplicity

It runs silky smooth, the closer you look, the more you ride, the more you would appreciate its great design and excellent engineering.

At $350 low price for easy decision and save time, you may see a lower price on this page, you are welcome to take up the offer if you value a good bike and pick it up quickly.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-r ... 1046303108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

much lens flare
I DIDN'T EAT FOR THREE DAYS SO I COULD BE LOVELY

ohexploitable

Postby ohexploitable » Sun May 11, 2014 8:56 pm

"Innovative one-piece alloy stem [quill stem], lighter, stronger, for easy handling and steady steering control, a uniqe feature seen only in a handful of Advanced bikes"

god i'm dying

ohexploitable

Postby ohexploitable » Sun May 11, 2014 8:57 pm

"Advanced smart stand to allow the bike to stand securely on its own"

this is gold

ohexploitable

Postby ohexploitable » Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 pm

"Extended triple mountain power (3x 6speeds +3), fun and easy to climb hills, full control flying downhill"

all of it

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sun May 11, 2014 10:32 pm

And it no longer exists. This was the same pic she/he used before, if I'm not mistaken. Looks like it must be an OK business model if they keep trying it.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 am

Important - report to Gumtree as fraud if you spot thesee as the seller engaged in fraudulent activity by emailing hundreds of genuine Gumtree sellers with my name and address after becoming upset that their dubious and fraudulent activity was uncovered.

They seem to have become active with other posts that are no expired:

Code: Select all

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-region/bicycles/shimano-hybrid700c-giant-european-bike-road-mountain-city/1045102907
Cycling is in my BNA

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue May 20, 2014 1:50 pm

I think I've found the ebay/retail equivalent of Jennay: Link

Highlights:
The 12 Speed Shimano 'Paddle Shift' gives you dynamic shift ability at your fingertips.
The lightweight alloy frame is a light 16kgs.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Something about those bars looks funny. Are the hoods normally well forward of the front axle?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue May 20, 2014 2:01 pm

InTheWoods wrote:Something about those bars looks funny. Are the hoods normally well forward of the front axle?

bugger the hoods - it's an alloy frame roadie with more steel than superman would be made of. Say What

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Tue May 20, 2014 2:38 pm

nezumi wrote: The lightweight alloy frame is a light 16kgs.
This makes me feel better about my Giant Reign which weighs in at 13.1kg. :D

koshari

Postby koshari » Tue May 20, 2014 2:59 pm

12 pages of correspondence from an audience that obviously knows a few things about bikes,
i suspect this isnt the market that the seller is aiming for,
as some have already mentioned its nothing deceptive or illegal about this, and caviet emptor reigns supreme.
where do you draw the line,

is it fraudulent when the local milk bar owner heads over to the major supermarket and buys a couple of trolleys full of cans of coke when they are reduced as they intend to mark them up and sell them in their stores?

additionally I was in aldi the other day and there were a couple who i would assume run a local motel were there buying 3 trolly loads of the linen and towels thay had as special buys. Are the guests of the motel being short changed?

i have seen people advertising obvious fake stihl chainsaws on ebay in the past and took the time to message the "successful" bidders of the item being a copy which in some cases they managed to get a refund. funny Ebay has removed the ability to message bidders now by masking their usernames!
However the difference there was the seller was clearly implying the saws were the the genuine article,
these Kmart bikes whilst a decent amount of bull$hitting has been applied to the description are not actually implying anything that isnt the case.

hell i got a bottle of vino the otherday that suggested hints of blackberry and earthy tannins, cant say i found any of those particular flavors forthcoming, should i be seeking a refund?

anyway if these jokers get run out of the inflated priced bike trade joe hockey might have some work for them selling his budget.

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Tue May 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Nothing deceptive about buying a cheap bike, removing the decals to hide its origins, and then writing a load of auld rollocks to make it sound appealing to a novice, and stickiing a big price tag on it? Remind me not to buy anything from you...

If the ad said "I bought this bike from K-Mart for $X, assembled it and am now selling it for $Y" then that would not be deceptive and I think nobody here would have a problem with it.
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 pm

It is a grey area however I would suggest it is certainly not ethical and the subsequent activities of this person which are unlawful suggest that it isn't a good character to deal with.

The value of this information is to help protect others who are less experienced and other forum members, myself included, have reported fraudulent sales to marketplace operators and/or authorities with sucess.
Cycling is in my BNA

koshari

Postby koshari » Tue May 20, 2014 6:53 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Remind me not to buy anything from you...
Darn , and i have a bridge for sale that would had suited you perfectly.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 pm

(and lets end that discussion - viewpoints have been shared)
Cycling is in my BNA

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm

koshari wrote:
GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Remind me not to buy anything from you...
Darn , and i have a bridge for sale that would had suited you perfectly.
:lol: I probably deserved that. :lol:
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:19 pm

She's still at it. Her english is definitely improving, and the price is now down to a less obscene $180.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-c ... 1053817842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Make sure you report it.
Cycling is in my BNA

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Gone already :-(

Could the next finder screen cap the ad for our amusement?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Awwww. Was looking forward to reading it, and it's already gone.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.